REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #7776
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I was sitting at Section 305. They were very VERY annoying the whole game. I feel bad for the people sitting below them.

When Hansen scored... they sang/chanted JANNIK HANSEN
As a consolation prize, some guy in the last row in Section 301 got a free signed jersey.
Fuck the people sitting below them. People need to be louder at the game. Have some fun, dammit. I don't mean everyone has to go nuts but to criticize people for having a laugh and cheering for our players?

I heard that they were getting quite angry with the Canucks staff and I don't agree with that because those people are just doing their job but they were sitting the nosebleeds.
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #7777
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't care what the intro song is as long as the goal song gets swapped to...

Shawn Michaels Theme Song - YouTube
Year 3 of the campaign to make this happen?
haha
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #7778
...in the world.

DANIEL SHOOTS...SCORES!!!!

dundundunDUNDUN OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #7779
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
AV: Kes will play
Kes: no timeline yet

What a fucking soap opera
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #7780
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
the shawn michaels theme song sounds too trashy to play in a family enviroment
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #7781
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
AV: Kes will play
Kes: no timeline yet

What a fucking soap opera
Posted via RS Mobile
When/where did AV say that
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #7782
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
the shawn michaels theme song sounds too trashy to play in a family enviroment
No lyrics. The lyrics wouldn't make sense but otherwise, think about it. It's perfect.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #7783
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
When/where did AV say that
Interviews after practice today.

AV said Kesler is medically cleared to play.

Kesler said he can practice and didn't say anything about playing.

As for atmosphere, I always believe there is a fine line between cheering for the team and being annoying to people around. There are a lot of kids that goes to the game, and having a drunk person slurring out profanities is not cheering on the team.

Aside for that, DJ Dave has to go..it seems like the music played during the game is getting pussier and pussier.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #7784
...in the world.

We're fine without Kesler for now. To be honest, I'd want Kesler to be 110% before he comes back. Kesler was not himself last year and that was a result of coming back too soon.

We're on a winning streak. Don't fuck around, Kes. Get healthy...no rush.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #7785

If the Sens decide to tank because spezza and karlsson is out, wonder if alfy would come here. Sedins and Alfy greatest swedes to never win it all yet.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #7786
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

as for the southsiders, I fucking loved it as I was a section beside them
I was in section 309, and i enjoyed the southsiders there, maybe because i was far enough from them to not have my views blocked but still hear their constant sport chats and sings to add life to the game.

i think it was just poor coordination. If the southsiders let rogers arena knows in advance about large group attending the game, maybe some sort of arrangement could be made to make the experience as good as possible for everyone.

Maybe set them up with last rows of the section seats around the arena to minimize affecting other ticket holders and maximize their sound effect?

Let's hope if the southsiders do decide to do it again they plan it out better next time.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #7787
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Twitter fun

JAY JANOWER ‏@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC
Just goes to show you that players really are pieces of meat, cattle that can be easily disposed of when their use by the team has run out.

ry-guy ‏@ry_stew
@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC you think they treated manny like a piece of meat? Think again.

nick ‏@nickperkins1979
@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC how'd did they treat him like meat.please explain. The media ppl like you, treat the athletes like meat everyday.

then:

To he Canucks credit they've put Manny on injured reserve so he'll get paid the rest of year. This move also tells you they wanna win.

Remember, Pro Sports is all about winning and if the Canucks wanna win it all they can't carry a player that doesn't have it anymore.

me >>> NorthVanMike ‏@NorthVanMike
@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC you straddle both sides of the fence Jay. "piece of meat/pro sports is about winning.a move they had to make" don't want to piss off the Canucks?

@NorthVanMike Not at all. As a GM if u want to win it all u can't be sentimental and Mike Gillis knows they're better without Manny.

NorthVanMike ‏@NorthVanMike
@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC not the point. first you said they're treated like cattle, then you flip to the management's side. "to the Canucks credit". did i miss something?

@NorthVanMike Other clubs would've either cut the player out right or banished him to the minors never to be seen again.

Last edited by N.V.M.; 02-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #7788
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I think there are two things:

1 - personal preference.

I go to a game to see everything live. From the game play to the line changes to see Fin run around the stadium.

When watching hockey, I am not interested in hearing constant chanting/singing like some group is protesting outside the Art Gallery. It's distracting. I can't hear the puck or players crashing the board.

2 - game type.

I have been to hockey basketball soccer matches (yet to see NFL game ). The fans behave very differently.

In hockey and basketball, everyone sits. In soccer, everyone stands and they wave flags/sings/chants non-stop... so it's something expected. Knowing that, I sit far away from the flags/noises.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Fuck the people sitting below them. People need to be louder at the game. Have some fun, dammit. I don't mean everyone has to go nuts but to criticize people for having a laugh and cheering for our players?

I heard that they were getting quite angry with the Canucks staff and I don't agree with that because those people are just doing their job but they were sitting the nosebleeds.
Fuck the people sitting below them? How about fuck you?

People don't *need* to be loud, they can do as they please. They paid for their ticket, and whether or not they cheer or they don't that's completely up to them. So long as they're having fun, that's the bottom line. You might enjoy it a different way, but for you to criticize them for that makes you a hypocrite. Also, have you ever witnessed the Southsiders? What they do is far above having a laugh and cheering the players. It's constant chanting, standing up, and general noise ALL THE TIME. There's a reason why they have their own section. Not everyone likes that environment, or being around it. Some people like to concentrate on the game, or talk to the people they're at the game with. It's a little tough to do with all that going on around you, which is why you don't have to sit there. The other fans at the Canucks game didn't have that choice, which to me is the issue here.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #7790
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Malholtra's done for the year, because of his eye.

On a happy note it sound slike KES is back tomorrow!!!!!

Possibly skating with Kassian, and Higgins.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #7791
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

just an fyi, they took a block of 75 and even asked if people were having their views blocked and offering to switch seats with them, RA didn't want them doing that.

Bieksa complained that there wasn't enough noise last year, and schnieds said he liked it as it reminded him of Switzerland. Just YouTube "hockey tifo" and you'll WANT to go to those games. Rogers arena is too much like a library.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #7792

^ ok then go to the game and cheer. Oh yeah cant afford to go every game because all the old man in white collar holds season tickets their wife reading a book next to them.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #7793
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
^ ok then go to the game and cheer. Oh yeah cant afford to go every game because all the old man in white collar holds season tickets their wife reading a book next to them.
I don't go to games regularly for that reason. Its too damn expensive. However, everyone is bitching about how someone can cheer too much? I'm still trying to understand why people are so offended that Rogers library was invaded for one night. I understand people want to watch the game and analyze it or whatever but why is it such a big deal for people wanting to support their team. This was peanuts compared to what they do in Europe. And before anyone starts the "its different" argument, hockey is still hockey.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #7794
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I was sitting at Section 305. They were very VERY annoying the whole game. I feel bad for the people sitting below them.

When Hansen scored... they sang/chanted JANNIK HANSEN
As a consolation prize, some guy in the last row in Section 301 got a free signed jersey.
If I ever find myself sitting beside you, please remind me to restrain myself to "golf claps" for every goals and win we get with the Canucks.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #7795

It has something to do with the city itself too. Vancouver is a judgmental city, you will get head turn at you being rowdy and cheering in the lower bowl and those who look at you are usually the wife of the season ticket holder.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #7796
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
All Vancouverites do is bitch. Weather. Traffic. Canucks... you name it, someones gonna bitch about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #7797

Yeah thats because theres nothing else better to do than bitch
Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #7798
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Boy oh boy how much more butthurt can you get over this.

So u automatically assume all pesky on the edge hockey players are dbags as well. Good for u
Posted via RS Mobile
Who's butthurt? When did I say all pesky players who play with an edge are dbags? Your engrish failing you again?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #7799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
If I ever find myself sitting beside you, please remind me to restrain myself to "golf claps" for every goals and win we get with the Canucks.
... They were not cheering for only goals or nice plays. They were cheering non-stop even when the play is dead.

I scream and go nuts when it's a goal or nice play, but I sit my ass down when the zamboni comes out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #7800

look at this thread for example,

someone always feel like they need to be right or correct all the time
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread