REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,467 Times in 1,145 Posts
Great seeing the car out on the course today Richard! Car looks and sounds awesome!
Advertisement
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks Matsuda!!

Car felt really good today! Always a good thing when it is the 1st time running all new suspension/wheels/tires and no alignment (heh). The car reacts to the tuning so well, I can't wait to get at it more!

1st picture of today so far:

Richard
VCMC-STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #28
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
no revscene sticker?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #29
I am Hook'd on RS

Not all stickers have been applied yet, Blitzgear will be taking care of us hopefully before next weekend's VCMC KSC.

Team VCMC would love to support Revscene of course!

Richard
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

Team VCMC was out testing this weekend for Scion Tuner Challenge #1 autocross. We are still working out some of the teething issues with the car and working on a good setup. That being said, what a car! This was my 2nd run in the car with the new modifications and you can see I'm comfortable with pushing 100%.

Check out Team VCMC FR-S | Facebook for more pictures from this weekend!!

Richard
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #31
I am Hook'd on RS

Team VCMC's final testing day before the car ships to Toronto for the 1st challenge of the Scion Tuner Challenge FR-S edition concluded this passed weekend.

Our car will be displayed at the Toronto Import Fest on August 25th and we will be in Barrie Ontario for Challenge #1 Autocross during the 2012 Canadian National Autoslalom Champoinship!

Club VCMC did a great job supporting us this weekend allowing us to do run after run during both days of competition. This allowed us to not only test a lot of set-up changes but also meet fans of our build and give some ride alongs! Michael Denham, a member of Team VCMC, created a fantastic video documenting this weekend, check it out!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poweredbyaloe/sets/72157631098059794/
As always keep fully up to date on our blog: www.TeamVCMC.com!!

Richard
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Congratz!! Looking good!! Is your car in BC right now?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks Benz_05TSX!

The car is currently in Richmond at Blitzgear Inc. having graphics applied. I'll be picking up the car this afternoon and taking it back to shift and doing some quick rear wing testing tonight.

Unfortunately the car ships out Saturday morning and won't be in town for the Revscene meet. We really wanted to bring the car there!

Richard
Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
I am Hook'd on RS

Team VCMC Wins Challenge #1!!!!!!!

Team VCMC has won 1st place in the Scion Tuner Challenge FR-S Edition Challenge #1: Autocross!! Shift Autosport put together a fantastic car and the whole VCMC team really put their heart into getting the car ready and up to speed for this event! All the hard work paid off with a convincing win over 2nd place Top Tuner with a margin of just over 1.5 seconds!

We look forward for Challenge #2: Driving Skills which will be held Monday September 3rd in St. Eustache. Team VCMC hopes to bring home the Tuner Challenge '86' Medal again along with 10 more championship points!

As always stay up to date and read more about the competition on our website: www.TeamVCMC.com

Team VCMC will also be updating you live during Challenges on our FACEBOOK PAGE!!!

Richard

This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #35
I am Hook'd on RS

Check out the raw video of my fastest run from Challenge 1!

Richard
Old 08-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #36
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^ great job! The rear looks very stable.
supman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #37
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks supman7!

Absolutely it is, the work we've done with suspension really helps the exit corner grip.

You can see I still have the ability to adjust the line with the rear on corner exit in a few places even with stock power on 255 hot Hankook RS3's.

This might sound a bit biased, but the FR-S is a properly good car for so many reasons!

Richard
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

Team VCMC was out Autocrossing again, TEST TEST TEST, and we had a chance to really go to town with some cameras and experiment! Keep an eye out on the Facebook page and our website for more videos coming soon!!

Facebook: Team VCMC FR-S | Facebook

Richard

Last edited by VCMC-STC; 09-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMC-STC View Post
Thanks Benz_05TSX!

The car is currently in Richmond at Blitzgear Inc. having graphics applied. I'll be picking up the car this afternoon and taking it back to shift and doing some quick rear wing testing tonight.

Unfortunately the car ships out Saturday morning and won't be in town for the Revscene meet. We really wanted to bring the car there!

Richard
I think I saw your car at Blitzgear last month! Way to represent BC and the car seems to handle amazingly! Scion is going to get alot of sales!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #40
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_05TSX View Post
I think I saw your car at Blitzgear last month! Way to represent BC and the car seems to handle amazingly! Scion is going to get alot of sales!
Thanks for the support Benz!!

Richard
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Scion Tuner Challenge Webisode #1!!!!

Scion of Canada released the 1st webisode of the Scion Tuner Challenge FR-S Edition!! Check out the video to see Team VCMC take the win and some great visuals!!

For more behind the scenes info about the 1st competition also check out the 'Team VCMC Webisode #1' we put together with team leader/driver Richard Basford and lead mechanic Andre Millette who attended the 1st challenge in Barrie Ontario!

For the most UP-TO-DATE info on Team VCMC LIKE us on Facebook: Team VCMC FR-S | Facebook

Richard
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

Team VCMC Suspension Cam!!!!!

Have you ever wondered what suspension looks like during an autocross run??

Left rear suspension! Check out the subframe movement and tire flex!!

Front left suspension!

More coming soon as we have installed Whiteline front and rear swaybars and bushings since these videos were taken. We're especially excited to see the difference in subframe movement with the Whiteline rear subframe bushings installed!!!

For the most UP-TO-DATE info on Team VCMC LIKE us on Facebook: Team VCMC FR-S | Facebook

Richard
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #43
I am Hook'd on RS

Whiteline Suspension Upgrades!!!

VCMC is proud to be officially sponsored by Whiteline Performance Suspension! To show off some of the fantastic products Whiteline has sent to us for testing, Team VCMC put together a side by side comparison of the rear suspension. One thing Team VCMC and a lot of people online noticed is just how much movement there was in the subframe during our previous video. Once we installed the Rear Crossmember Mount Insert Bushings we could feel the difference right away and you can see the difference in the video!

You'll also notice we changed from the stock 13mm rear swaybar to the Whiteline 16mm which lessens the body roll across the rear end and definitely activates more grip!!!

Keep up to date on our facebook: www.facebook.com/VCMCstc

Also make sure to check out our website: www.TeamVCMC.com

Richard
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #44
I am Hook'd on RS

Us boys did some skid racin!!!!

More pictures on our facebook! www.Facebook.com/VCMCstc

Lots more pictures and video to come!

Richard
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
I am Hook'd on RS

The Challenge #2 video just went live!!! We were in Montreal Quebec for the ball in the cup challenge, check out the video!

Things definitely didn't go 100% to plan for Team VCMC at this event. We prepared the car to win autocross and didn't have the ability to make significant changes before this event. With the high spring rates and stiffer bushings installed in our FR-S, keeping the lite weight ball inside the cup was VERY difficult.

Team VCMC would like to congratulate Team Swag on taking the win, his slow and steady approach served him well!

As always keep up to date on our facebook: www.facebook.com/VCMCstc

Also don't forget to check out the Tuner Challenge website!! Home/Accueil | Scion Tuner Challenge

Richard
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #46
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Kind of a stupid challenge imo...
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #47
I am Hook'd on RS

Just so you know, just because we haven't posted lately doesn't mean we havent been hard at work!!

Lots of exciting pictures and video on the way, also an explination why were in Sonoma last weekend!

Richard
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
I am Hook'd on RS

It feels like a LONG winter but Team VCMC has been really busy!!

Last year we had the chance to take our car to Edmonton and heave it around some cones. Unlike the autox challenge, however, gymkhana is spent outside peak grip conditions. Basically we slid around a lot!! Check out the Scion Canada video!

In January, not long after filming the Drive feature, the Scion FR-S Tuner Challenge took us to the VERY cold ice racing course in Quebec. With minimal modifications to the car and VERY sensitive throttle we tried to tame the Mecaglisse ice racing course. This was some of the most technical and rewarding driving I've ever done, what a blast!! Check out the Scion Canada video!

COMING SOON!!!

In just a few days we will be announcing our biggest endeavor as a team and biggest challenge our FR-S will see this year! I don't want to spoil the party, but we will be using the Knox Mountain hillclimb in BC as testing for a rather large version in the US!!

If you want to stay up to with Team VCMC and our Turbo Scion FR-S please follow us at:
www.facebook.com/TeamVCMC

Also please check out www.TunerChallenge.ca for more info on the Tuner Challenge and the other teams!

Richard
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #49
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
subbed
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #50
I am Hook'd on RS

LOCAL VANCOUVER RACE TEAM TO COMPETE ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL AT THE PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB

[March 22, 2013] Local race team - Team VCMC is scheduled to represent Vancouver with their 2013 Scion FR-S in the 91st running of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado, USA in June 2013. The Team VCMC Scion FR-S team has received very recent media attention with its appearance on DRIVE, an extremely popular automotive Youtube channel and several international articles featuring the highly modified turbo Scion FR-S. With the announcement of Pikes Peak added to the list of competitions, the team will be also competing in 56th annual Knox Mountain Hill Climb on May long weekend 2013 as a testing grounds for their vehicle in high elevation conditions. With all the international coverage and competitions, Team VCMC has still one goal in mind - reigning champion in Scion Canada's 2013 Tuner Challenge which they have represented the West Coast extensively. Lead by experienced and talented drivers Sead Causevic & Richard Basford, there is no doubt Team VCMC will not disappoint.

PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb competition is a time trial motorsport event held annually at Colorado Springs, Colorado around Independence Day weekend and attracts over 150 competitors every year. The very first event was held in 1916 and it is the second oldest motorsports event held in the United States following the famed Indianapolis 500. Pikes Peak is located in the Rocky Mountains just 16 miles west of Colorado Springs. The Hill Climb is a unique time trial competition commencing at an elevation of 9,390 feet, with the race course winding its way around the mountain, all the way up to the finish line located at a cloud high 14,110 foot elevation mark. The course length of 12.42 miles consists of 156 corners, and with an average climb gradient of 7%, it imposes extraordinarily challenging driving conditions upon the driver while navigating up the mountain.

KNOX MOUNTAIN HILL CLIMB

The Knox Mountain Hill Climb is run annually on Knox Mountain Park Road, in the City of Kelowna, Canada. The road, while paved, is narrow with off-camber corners, and steep grades. It is 2.2 miles (3.5km) long, and climbs approximately 800 feet (245 meters) in elevation for an average grade of 6.7%. In it's 56th year, Knox Mountain is the longest annually running paved hill climb in North America. The event attracts top drivers from throughout the Pacific Northwest, looking for the challenge and thrill of being King of the Hill.

2013 SCION FR-S AND THE SCION TUNER CHALLENGE

Team VCMC was selected as one of the 3 teams across Canada to build and compete a 2013 FR-S in the Scion Tuner Challenge (Home/Accueil | Scion Tuner Challenge). The competitions test the amazing versatility of this new car platform as well as the team's ability to set up a car for a variety of events, ranging from time attack to ice racing to gymkhana and drifting. With the guidance of Shift Autosport of Vancouver BC, Team VCMC has built the turbocharged FR-S to full race specification. The car's powerplant has been upgraded with the Full Blown Motorsports turbo kit and the suspension has been extensively worked over with Whiteline Flatout Inc grip-enhancing products. Team VCMC's Scion FR-S will be wearing an eye striking asymmetric livery designed and installed by Blitzgear Inc. whom also manages their marketing and public relations.

THE TEAM

Team VCMC is an extension of the VCMC Motorsport Club, based in Vancouver, Canada. The club is comprised of some of the best autocross/hill climb competitors and race car builders in North America. The club's passion for driver improvement through it's Velocity driver development program has produced professional drivers such as Pat Richard and Sam O'Young. Team VCMC is a grassroots motorsports team that prides itself on great teamwork and relationships with the community.

THE DRIVERS

Sead Causevic [Vancouver, BC]
Team VCMC's veteran hill climb driver has competed in numerous hill climb, time attack and road racing events in the pacific north west. His background as a high performance alpine ski racer and coach will be a big asset to conquer the challenge of the ever changing conditions at Pikes Peak. Sead has been selected as the primary driver for Knox Mountain and Pikes Peak events and will be supported by the full Team VCMC expertise.

Richard Basford [Vancouver, BC]
Richard is the Team VCMC leader and primary driver at the Scion Tuner Challenge events. Richard's background in time attack competitions, karting and road racing will be key testing the car's setup as he competes along with Sead at the 2013 Knox Mtn Hill Climb. Richard will be supporting Sead at the Pikes Peak event with his expert analysis of racing line and car setup.

IN THE MEDIA

Team VCMC has received substantial coverage during the 2012 Scion Tuner Challenge events with coverage by major media outlets such as the YouTube Drive Network and Jalopnik. The Team has partnered with PoweredByAloe Photo and Video team for media content and production. PoweredByAloe has planned a series of videos that feature a pre and post event look behind the scenes and showcase our proud supporters and sponsors. Flying Cameras Inc will be supporting the team at Knox and Pikes Peak with it's unmanned aerial vehicles that will shoot striking racing footage from a bird's eye view. This unique footage, combined with in-vehicle cameras, interview footage, and behind the scenes allows viewers to get to know the team from every angle.

PARTNERS

Team VCMC has an extensive list of sponsor partners and supporters that help develop and structure the direction and goals of the team. They look for much progress in 2013 with many victories ahead.

Scion Tuner Challenge
Shift Autosport
Blitzgear
PoweredByAloe
Full Blown Motorsports
Whiteline
EcuTek
Rocket Rally
Flying Cameras
Ultra Shine
Technic's Machine Shop
Petrel Data
Driver's Edge
Vorshlag

MEDIA INQUIRIES

For all media or sponsorship inquiries including: videos, photos, interviews, or features - please contact Team VCMC’s Official Media Partner Blitzgear.

All inquiries to:
Blitzgear Inc.
E info@blitzgear.com
T 604 231 0020
F 866 631 8028
140 - 11100 Bridgeport Road
Richmond, British Columbia
Canada V6X 1T2
Blitzgear Inc. | WE'RE ALL IN.
This post thanked by: