REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   does canadian tire actually care if you return items frequently? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669599-does-canadian-tire-actually-care-if-you-return-items-frequently.html)

yot065 06-14-2012 11:11 PM

does canadian tire actually care if you return items frequently?

I've always pondered but canadian tire looks at ur id and registers u with your cellphone # on the system when you make a return of one of their products and i'm curious do/will they actually do anything if you frequently return things? like just recently i bought a mastercraft screw extractor, didnt work so i returned it only to buy the mastercraft grabit screw extractors, sad to say also didnt work so now i'm looking to be returning this. Sure there is reason to my returns but do they ever think otherwise lulz? like "this guy keeps returning shit, bet hes just buying to use then returning cause he doesnt need it anymore" lulzzz :fullofwin:

kwy 06-14-2012 11:13 PM

If you have a legitimate reason for returning something again, they'll probably understand. I've had a little difficulty with this before, they can be pretty strict with their return rules. I guess it also depends on who you get at the counter.

murd0c 06-14-2012 11:14 PM

If you have a legit reason I don't see a issue what so ever. Just don't be scamming them cause it's always possible they might catch on and you will get flagged and won't be able to return it.

corollagtSr5 06-14-2012 11:17 PM

They don't care. Business is business. The only reason they keep track, is sometimes you buy multiple items, and when you return something, they keep track of the item you return and let you keep the receipt, just in case you want to return something else on the receipt. They don't want someone to return something, than walk back in the store, grab the same item, and try to return it again, and try to get more cash.

yot065 06-14-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 7948034)
They don't care. Business is business. The only reason they keep track, is sometimes you buy multiple items, and when you return something, they keep track of the item you return and let you keep the receipt, just in case you want to return something else on the receipt. They don't want someone to return something, than walk back in the store, grab the same item, and try to return it again, and try to get more cash.

yeah but they scan the item so its put back into the system, each product has a different sku even if they are the same item :okay:

ruthless 06-14-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yot065 (Post 7948037)
yeah but they scan the item so its put back into the system, each product has a different sku even if they are the same item :okay:

Unless Canadian Tire is special....no it doesn't
identical products all have the same SKU

corollagtSr5 06-14-2012 11:33 PM

lol

corollagtSr5 06-14-2012 11:38 PM

There are items in the store that will display a sign, "exchange only" on certain items. For example those eliminator battery boxe's. Using it to jump start someone's car than try and returning it. You can always ask before purchasing what the policy's are on returning items.

yot065 06-14-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthless (Post 7948043)
Unless Canadian Tire is special....no it doesn't
identical products all have the same SKU

cereal? couldnt i then like buy something walk out, go back in grab the same item and walk out and say i bought this already :alone:? would have to look at a camera to know i took 2 items lol or walk by unseen by the cash attendant for the first time

Shorn 06-14-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yot065 (Post 7948054)
cereal? couldnt i then like buy something walk out, go back in grab the same item and walk out and say i bought this already :alone:? would have to look at a camera to know i took 2 items lol or walk by unseen by the cash attendant for the first time

yeah that's called shoplifting..? all you have to do is not get caught. that's the trick yeah.

try buying multiples of things. sometimes they just count it and scan one item repeatedly. so definitely same SKU.

but seriously dude, a thread about this? who even cares?
are you a prolific returner? do you like to return things on a daily basis? are you on a first name basis with every customer service rep at canadian tire?

1) they don't care cause they don't lose money from it. you actually waste more time than they do driving back and forth.
2) you really think they're gonna stop you from returning things if you do it too much, maybe through a flag in the system? unless the product is altered/damaged they can just re-sell it again, no harm done
3) STOP SAYING 'LULZ'

bcrdukes 06-14-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 7948066)
3) STOP SAYING 'LULZ'

I LULZ'd @ that! :fuckthatshit:

91LS-VTak 06-15-2012 12:33 AM

Aren't stores required to record your ID when you do a return, in case it turns out that item was stolen and returned by the theif?

dbaz 06-15-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7948075)
I LULZ'd @ that! :fuckthatshit:

LULZ

drunkrussian 06-15-2012 07:14 AM

they have a policy and if u follow it it doesn matter if they care or not, they cant do shit. so whatre u worried about?

yot065 06-15-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 7948066)
yeah that's called shoplifting..? all you have to do is not get caught. that's the trick yeah.

try buying multiples of things. sometimes they just count it and scan one item repeatedly. so definitely same SKU.

but seriously dude, a thread about this? who even cares?
are you a prolific returner? do you like to return things on a daily basis? are you on a first name basis with every customer service rep at canadian tire?

1) they don't care cause they don't lose money from it. you actually waste more time than they do driving back and forth.
2) you really think they're gonna stop you from returning things if you do it too much, maybe through a flag in the system? unless the product is altered/damaged they can just re-sell it again, no harm done
3) STOP SAYING 'LULZ'

i like my lulz though:okay:

Razor Ramon HG 06-15-2012 08:17 AM

Can't tell if yot065 is trolling.

Gridlock 06-15-2012 10:43 AM

Let's see, does a business like it when you buy something from them, use it and then return it?

Yeah, I don't see why. I'm sure their business plan is "rental company, without all that pesky profit"

CP.AR 06-15-2012 11:29 AM

thread has potential

z3german 06-15-2012 11:35 AM

I know a lot of corporations track them esp if you give your name or phone number or use the same credit card. The system will automatically tag you and the information usually is sent to Loss Prevention department where they memorize your face and check tapes to check for theft and stuff. If youre all legit then you will be fine and theres nothing to worry about. (this information is more for bestbuy and those types of stores, but then again you never know which corps will go through these things.)

parm104 06-15-2012 11:35 AM

OP obviously is buying to rent and then returning shit and you guys are just giving him more ideas on how to use things or steal things. He's a con in the making....

Normal people don't think "Oh, I'm returning too many things, they're gonna catch on to me" after buying/exchanging 2 things. You are thinking that way, because you're renting products for free, you know it's wrong and you're trying to get reassurance that you won't get caught and to figure out how long you can do it.

If you want advice on how to be a thief go elsewhere. Just so you know, every time you return a product for a bogus excuse, ie: say it's defective when it's not....It goes back to a depot. The more products that go to depot, the more cost that is involved for the company. The higher the costs involved, the higher the products will end up costing. You're only screwing over yourself and the rest of us in the long run.

Happy Stealing!

Oh and if you really want a kick, I heard riots a great fun this time of year....

Bahhbeehhaaaa 06-15-2012 11:55 AM

I bought 3 certified jacks and returned them on the same day at the same Cnd Tire. They didn't say anything about it.

xerograv 06-15-2012 05:03 PM

I know walmart tags you if you're a frequent visitor to the customer service desk, but I've never had any issues with canadian tire, but I've heard of people doing the "rent and use" scam on them, they do catch on pretty quick.

drunkrussian 06-15-2012 05:12 PM

so what if they "tag" you?? they wont do shit.

Mr.HappySilp 06-15-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerograv (Post 7948694)
I know walmart tags you if you're a frequent visitor to the customer service desk, but I've never had any issues with canadian tire, but I've heard of people doing the "rent and use" scam on them, they do catch on pretty quick.

Funny I used to work Wal-Mart (sports dept). We were instructed by our supervisors if someone returns something even if nothing is wrong with it we have to "Somehow make it there is something wrong with it". That way Wal-Mart don't use money on it or something........

So when there are some items being returned even it good condition we have break it @@. I guess coz if the items is defective Wal-Mart can return to the suppliers and not get charge Vs selling it as open box and lose profit on it.......

z3german 06-15-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 7948727)
Funny I used to work Wal-Mart (sports dept). We were instructed by our supervisors if someone returns something even if nothing is wrong with it we have to "Somehow make it there is something wrong with it". That way Wal-Mart don't use money on it or something........

So when there are some items being returned even it good condition we have break it @@. I guess coz if the items is defective Wal-Mart can return to the suppliers and not get charge Vs selling it as open box and lose profit on it.......

Thats just fucked LOL