REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

where to buy nice suit

hey guys need some info on where to get nice fashionable suit in vancouver. i am not talking about tip top sears and bay. just wondering where do young people get nice suit.
Advertisement
blue_noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
The Bay Downtown actually has nice suits. Got a nice Ted Baker from there not too long ago.
Also check out Dunns Tailors on granville.
You might also try Brooks Brothers - their custom ones are little pricey compared to entry level at Bay/Dunns - but it's custom made.

moores/sears/tip top/chateau/mexx - all garbage.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,206 Posts
You can try online at indochino.com. They're pretty damned cheap for what you get.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
#deephouse

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,245 Posts
How much are you willing to spend is the question.
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Princess Dewey

if your willing to travel out to seattle outlet mall you maybe be able to get a steal of a deal, someone at work mentioned to me that they have a hugo boss factory outlet store there and a suit is around 400-500 dollars right now.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
You can try online at indochino.com. They're pretty damned cheap for what you get.

Steve Nash approves, lol, but ya for real his collection at IndoChino is pretty nice

Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

+1 indochino.

picked up a tailored suit from them for under 500 and could not be happier

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
I don't get it

If you have the money, Boss Store, Harry Rosen, Zegna. Kinda overpriced but eh, not bad

Indochino is good for what you get, but the quality isn't the best. One of my friend owns a suit from there.

My suit is from Zara, and it fits very nicely . But the thing with Zara, it costs more than Sears, and is made from polyester blend, and NOT wool, so it doesn't breathe as easy
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Zara suits seem too cheap and gay tbh
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

no matter where you get it from, you should get it tailored. Shorten the sleeves and bring in the waist at least.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Old School RS

Thanked 3,101 Times in 941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
if your willing to travel out to seattle outlet mall you maybe be able to get a steal of a deal, someone at work mentioned to me that they have a hugo boss factory outlet store there and a suit is around 400-500 dollars right now.
Specifically, you want to go to Nordstrom's Rack. It's the equivalent of Winners but with much higher end name brand products. I regularly buy my Seven jeans there for $70-$90, I have bought two suits, one Calvin Klein and one Hugo Boss, both for under $500. HIGHLY recommended.

The one I like best is unfortunately a bit further but its one of the biggest and seems to be less picked over as it's a bit out of Seattle:
SuperMall Location

I think this one is closest to the border though:
SouthCenter Square

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 06-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
hugo boss red label at oakridge mall.....wait for spring/fall/Boxing week sales....most stuff is 40-50% off......

for daily nice looking suits that are disposable, Zara.
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

thx for the reply i am probably heading to seattle to take a look this week. well the reason i am getting a suit is for the 3 wedding i have to go to this summer. don't really want to spend that much but want to look good at same time
blue_noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
sorry, kind of off topic, but the suit I have fits me well besides the ends of the sleeves, near the wrist and forearm area which are too wide.

does anyone actually do tapering for that area, or would it be best for me to just get a new suit? I'm kinda lacking in funds atm tho

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

What brands should I look for with dress shirts and dress pants? And where can I get a pair of nice brown dress shoes/brogues? Like Allen Edmonds, just maybe half the price lol.
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
a cheap, well fitting suit, will make you look 100 times better than an expensive suit that isn't tailored to fit you properly.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,594 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
sorry, kind of off topic, but the suit I have fits me well besides the ends of the sleeves, near the wrist and forearm area which are too wide.

does anyone actually do tapering for that area, or would it be best for me to just get a new suit? I'm kinda lacking in funds atm tho
No, son. Do not buy a new suit.

Pack that suit up and bring it to a well-known tailor. A good tailor will understand your body type/size and take the specific measurements accordingly and fix it up for you. Once done, you'll look 100x better and then you can walk out of the shop feeling like a boss. Bitches will start throwing themselves at you. Not only should you let the tailor measure the end of the sleeves, let the tailor measure out the whole suit, pants, shirts and jacket. The whole works.

Tailoring should always be a priority. Never ever underestimate the craft. Find a good, reliable tailor and stick with them. Befriend them and if you ever get married, consider him or her to be your best man. (Ok, just kidding about that part.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
RS controls my life!

Brooks Brothers on Alberni

they created the ready to wear suit
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
On that note, can someone recommend a good tailor? I've used a couple different ones in the past for my suits (among other clothing items) and they've all been pretty bad. Things always seemed to fit even worse than when they started. Soooo... I need a new one. I'm willing to pay more for someone who does a fantastic job. Problem is that I have no idea who in town does such a job...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

got a suit from mexx for 50% off, fits really nice but still going to get it tailored at oakridge tailors, a lot of people on rs have said to go there
superSandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #21
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisstrinh View Post
Brooks Brothers on Alberni

they created the ready to wear suit
There's no such thing as a ready to wear suit unless its a custom made suit. (in which case it would already be tailored to you)

Suits are made as 'off-the-rack' pieces with longer sleeves and slouchy all around on purpose, so that you can get it tailored to your perfect fit. Unless you have an arm length of an ogre and packing some extra pounds in odd places...

I'd say just get the suit you have to a tailor and don't bother buying a new one. You'll save money and look better than wearing a new suit that hasn't been tailored.

I found that sometimes you really have to tell the tailor what YOU want, otherwise, you'll always come out looking decent, but not as sharp as you potentially could look. Look at your tailor. Does he dress as well as you want to look? Or is he giving you a huge fatty break on your pants when in your head you wanted to come out with absolutely no break at all?

If you want to buy a new pair of leather shoes, invest in a quality one. Don't be afraid to spend a few extra bucks, because if you take good care of them, they'll serve you for decades to come.

Last edited by iam_dan; 06-20-2012 at 12:48 AM.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #22
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
On that note, can someone recommend a good tailor? I've used a couple different ones in the past for my suits (among other clothing items) and they've all been pretty bad. Things always seemed to fit even worse than when they started. Soooo... I need a new one. I'm willing to pay more for someone who does a fantastic job. Problem is that I have no idea who in town does such a job...
Albert's tailors in downtown. Really great pricing and I've seen him working on some suits; although in a thread I started relating to the same topic, someone mentioned about the lack of high quality stitching (don't quote me on that). I've never had a problem with Albert but I've only gone to him for pants.

I hear Oakridge Tailors is good with everything. So if you are really picky about your clothes, maybe try Oakridge albeit pricey $$$
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #23
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
I've bought several suits over the years ranging from $400-$1800. Hugo Boss from Harry Rosen x 2, a suit from Zara, and two Strellson from Grasby's and the Bay Downtown.

Hands down out of all those suits, the Strellson and Zara suit were the best.

The Bay Downtown has amazing sales every now and then where you get 40-60% off suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc. They're high quality clothing for VERY affordable pricing.

After spending $1000+ on suits in the past, I see no benefit over those suits than the ones I spend $400-$600 on. I would rather buy a few different suits for $500/each from Zara or The Bay than buy one suit for more money that ends up being no better in quality or design.

I bought the bicycle suit from Strellson and it's one of my favourites thus far. It's dirt and water repellent, straight cut and very comfortable. There are zippered pockets inside the pockets to hold valuable items and is very breathable.

Of course, it all depends on your size and style but if you are a slim/straight fit type of guy, give Strellson a try.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #24
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
dont own a bunch of cheap suits, all you need is a few really good ones in basic colors such as navy and charcoal and 3rd suit black.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Dunns on granville. They will take your HUGO/ARMANI/TED BAKER and adjust accordingly. I was quoted about $70-85 for basic adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I've bought several suits over the years ranging from $400-$1800. Hugo Boss from Harry Rosen x 2, a suit from Zara, and two Strellson from Grasby's and the Bay Downtown.

Hands down out of all those suits, the Strellson and Zara suit were the best.

The Bay Downtown has amazing sales every now and then where you get 40-60% off suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc. They're high quality clothing for VERY affordable pricing.

After spending $1000+ on suits in the past, I see no benefit over those suits than the ones I spend $400-$600 on. I would rather buy a few different suits for $500/each from Zara or The Bay than buy one suit for more money that ends up being no better in quality or design.

I bought the bicycle suit from Strellson and it's one of my favourites thus far. It's dirt and water repellent, straight cut and very comfortable. There are zippered pockets inside the pockets to hold valuable items and is very breathable.

Of course, it all depends on your size and style but if you are a slim/straight fit type of guy, give Strellson a try.
the fit of Strellson clothes are fuken EPIC!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote