REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Yves Saint Laurent changes name

from YSL to SLP ..... wtf

Yves Saint Laurent set for name change: New YSL creative head Hedi Slimane drops Yves | Mail Online

Quote:
It's an iconic logo that's been around for more than half a century, but now YSL's interlocking initial stamp is set to change.

Under the new directorship of Hedi Slimane the Yves Saint Laurent ready-to-wear collection will be re-branded as Saint Laurent Paris (SLP).

And although the famous signature will remain unaltered on handbags, lipsticks and shoes, there is no certainty that it will continue to be used as widely.
Advertisement
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It will always be Yves Saint Laurent to me.

The new name just doesn't flow. It sounds tacky.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

I never would've thought any of those premium brands would ever change names.... it's just... weird
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #4

at least they're keeping the YSL branding on most of their stuff. hopefully this new creative director will do for YSL what sarah burton did for mcqueen, which is not fucking up something that's already great.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
at least they're keeping the YSL branding on most of their stuff. hopefully this new creative director will do for YSL what sarah burton did for mcqueen, which is not fucking up something that's already great.
i don't know about that i think they're going a little overboard with the skull theme its become too gimmicky and the designs don't stack up as when mcqueen was leading it, imo they should have just closed up shop when he passed
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #6

i beg to differ. i think sarah burton's been living up to mcqueen's standards pretty damn well. shes able to replicate the "essence" if you will, that came with a lot mcqueen's designs. the brand has always had a dark victorian style about it and if anything the whole skull theme has actually taken a seat in the background these last few seasons. on top of that, burton managed to pull off a friggin royal wedding gown - something that not many other designers would even dare to attempt lol.

im not a big fan of McQ though. the stuff looks tacky as hell imo.