REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Minnie :(

(The following is as I posted to the Team Mini-Mutts Facebook page)

Dear Pack,

It is with very sad hearts that we inform you of Minnie's passing from our little family this morning.

When we first met her, she'd been recently given to a friend of ours, previously neglected and in need of dental work and a lot of love. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, she found herself bounced through two more homes within her first three weeks of being removed from the only home she'd ever previously known.

When Minnie came to live the Mini-Mutts, she was cheerful, friendly, cuddly... but terrified to go anywhere more than half a block from the house - probably afraid every time she left the house that she wouldn't be going back, handed off to yet another stranger.

It took time, patience, and lots of support from the Mini-Mutts, but eventually she got to the point where we could walk her anywhere or drive her anywhere in the car, with no sign of panic or nervousness: she knew where home was and she knew she would never have to leave her family.

She loved to bounce through the tall grass, jumping as high as her stubby little legs would let her, chasing Groucho and Dusty in their pursuits of other dogs at the park. She was never interested in the ball, but she would chase Groucho every time he went after it.

Likewise, she never showed any interest in the other mutts' toys, but loved to play with her humans' fingers, swatting and nipping at them (without ever actually nipping). She wasn't always the first to greet you, but damn sure shoved her way to the front of the line to get pets and hugs... and ohhh, she looooved to give kisses!

When we took our bedtime walkies last night, all seemed fine; she peed and pooped as usual, and we all tucked in for the night. Sometime in the night, she threw up on the bed, but we didn't think much of it, as she's done it before.

Then this morning, when Daddy took the pack walkies at 6am, she seemed out of sorts - alert, but slow, like she just wasn't feeling well. Daddy gave her some cuddles and pets and brought everyone back inside, and headed off for work.

A few hours later, Mommy went to take the pack for a walk, but Minnie didn't come running with the rest of them. She phoned Daddy to make sure she'd come back in, then searched the house. It wasn't long before she found the poor little angel, laying beside the bed, already departed for Rainbow Bridge.

Our greatest regret was that we could never officially announce her as part of the Mini-Mutts, although she was every bit as integral to the pack as the rest of them.

Run free now, little girl - you'll be forever loved.

Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss Soundy
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
I have never lost a furry friend before, and I can't bear to imagine the pain and sorrow behind it. I'm glad she had a good run with a great owner like you. My condolences, Soundy.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Sorry for the loss

My dog is reaching the end (15 years in july) and we are in talks about putting her down recently. It extremely hard to lose a pet, especially if they have grown up with you. It is like a losing a family member.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,525 Times in 1,154 Posts
sorry for the loss
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Female Driven

Rest in peace, Minnie. Sorry for the loss!
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
RIP Minnie... i can't imagine the day my dog dies and having to deal with the grief within my family, he's 8 now so not a young gun anymore

On the other hand, the picture is adorable and i actually really like it. Reposting on FB so the picture of Minnie might inspire others
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
sad day. take solace in that she's had a great life with you and your family, thoroughly enjoying every second and instilling joy.

rip
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
I'm invisible

RIP, sorry to hear. As many others have said: losing a pet this, is the same as losing a family member. We also have an 17 year old chihuahua who's getting really old as well, and I don't know how well that's going go when she passes.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Sorry to hear this? I am sure she was the happiest puppy on earth while with you guys and that what matters. You given her a place call home.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

RIP Minnie, sorry to hear I'm sure she's enjoying where she is now to run free all she wishes Sending lots of love your way to you and your whole pack, Soundy!
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #12

This was one of the first pictures I took of her, the first time we took her to Clayton dog park (our favorite place):

Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,100 Times in 971 Posts
Can't wait to get off work so i can go home and cuddle with my pup.
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
10psi aint enough...

RIP Minnie, I am truly sorry for your loss. Minnie will be in my prayers.

We too are experiencing some health difficulties with our puppy and also having a hard time accepting this.

Your last photo made us weep... Stay strong and hope all goes well to your family.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #15

If your pet is showing any odd behaviors, check with your vet! Minnie had thrown up on the bed a bit in the night a few times over the past couple weeks, but on her last night she threw up in four or five different places on the bed... that should have been a sign to get her to the emergency vet right away
Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'm truely sorry for your loss. Wherever she is, I'm sure she's waiting for you.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
damnit got teary eyed looking at the 2nd picture
rip little one
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
10psi aint enough...

Our puppy has had 3-4 seizures during her lifespan of 3years and our vet performed blood tests and exams and discovered she has a small liver and often doesnt perform as well. Either its caused by the liver or another reason, but dont know what.

We are very concerned and will be seeing the vet again tomorrow for possible solutions. Maybe have to see a neurologist and take meds, we are just worried more seizures could affect her brain

Prayers...prayers...

And yes, I will say it agin, that last pic makes us teary...keep thinking that might... Sniff
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
SardaukarMod

Sorry for your loss, Soundy. She had a good life with you and your family. RIP.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Our puppy has had 3-4 seizures during her lifespan of 3years and our vet performed blood tests and exams and discovered she has a small liver and often doesnt perform as well. Either its caused by the liver or another reason, but dont know what.

We are very concerned and will be seeing the vet again tomorrow for possible solutions. Maybe have to see a neurologist and take meds, we are just worried more seizures could affect her brain

Prayers...prayers...
During Daisy's first vet exam, at about 6 months old, he found her heart had a "extra" beat sometimes - unusual, but he wasn't too concerned. As my wife said at the time, "So we just enjoy her for as long as she's with us?"

Thankfully, the irregularity hasn't showed up since - on her followup exam, the vet said it may have just been due to stress. She turns three in August and so far, so good... but I guess there's never any guarantee.

Meantime, I guess the thinking still applies: we have to enjoy them as long as they're with us.

We don't know much about Minnie's past - a neighbor of ours answered a Craigslist ad for a free dog back in March, and Minnie was dropped off to her at the start of April. We didn't really get much of her past other than she'd been with that woman (the one who dropped her off) for two years, and the woman's mother for about three years before that. Her teeth were in serious need of a cleaning, she had terrible breath, she wasn't spayed, and she'd obviously had at least one litter. It seemed she'd been loved, but neglected.

Our neighbor had her less than a week before SHE ended up with some sort of medical emergency that landed her in hospital... a neighbor from her building took Minnie in, but they're only allowed one dog, and she already had one, so she couldn't keep Minnie. She'd absolutely fallen in love with Minnie in the two weeks she had her, and was so relieved and overjoyed when we said we'd take her and give her a stable home.

We literally had to drag Minnie away from her place, and for the next week or so, we couldn't even walk her a block with her panicking... having now moved into her fourth different home in a month, we're pretty sure she was terrified that every time she left the house, she would be handed off to someone else again and never come back. It took close to a month before we could walk her all the way to Starbucks or drive to the park without any nervousness - seemed she had finally realized that we wouldn't ever leave her behind.

In that time, we got her spayed, teeth cleaned, microchipped, and all her needed shots. It was a full month too, before we took her to see either of her last two homes, making sure she was fully settled into our pack.

It was amazing to watch her run and play with the others - she loved people and had little fear of other dogs. She had obviously been well-socialized in the past, and for everything she'd been through, she was always happy and playful. When Groucho and Dusty headed off chasing other dogs at the park, she'd be hot on their heels... when we'd go out for walkies near home, she'd often try to get Groucho to chase her and play with her. People who've been mistreated should be able to adjust so well...

What really saddens me the most is that after all that uncertainty, she'd finally found herself a good home where she could be happy and loved for the rest of her life... the only real consolation that it was so short, is Cesar's advice that "dogs live in the moment" - that it never mattered to her what had happened in the past, only that she was happy NOW.

Anyway... prayers for your puppy as well. The best thing you can do for her is to stay strong for her. Maybe she'll get to meet the rest of the Mini-Mutts one day soon.

I'm really glad that I took the time last weekend to get them all together for a group photo...

Quote:
And yes, I will say it agin, that last pic makes us teary...keep thinking that might... Sniff
Still does for me too... and I made the dang thing. Dammit.
Quote:
This post thanked by: