REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
G
Banned (BBM)

Prescription Sunglasses

Figured this section would fit best:

I am looking at buying sunglasses for the summer (whenever it arrives) but the problem is that I can't wear contact lenses and I wear glasses all the time. I've been trying to look into prescription sunglasses but heard its very very expensive.

I'm thinking of getting mirror lens-wayfarer's-style sunglasses...anyone know some brands? So far I looked at a brand called stunglasses.

Just out of curiosity, anyone here have them? If so, what kinds/how is it/how expensive/is it worth it? I can suffice with normal sunglasses and see blurred objects, but I wouldn't mind 1080p.
Advertisement
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

why not get transition lenses with your current ray ban frames brah?
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
you could order them through clearly contacts when you choose your lenses choose the shaded ones

best done when they offer free glasses

cousin got a few through there and he likes them

or you could buy sunglasses and get the optical shop to order prescription lenses for you from the designer brand or get them to make some lenses for you and swap em in

there are also websites where you can order prescription sunglass lenses for your sunglass model/brand and swap em in yourself

etc
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

transition glasses will never be sunglasses. Also they will not change dark when you are driving since your windshield blocks off the activation.

I am in the same boat as you but ended up with a pair of maui jims way back.. they are awesome and are definately my favourite sunglasses.

I've also tried oakley's and some designer ones with prescription lense.. i still found the maui jims were the most comfortable and best ones out in the market.