REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Honda Stereo Help

Not sure if this happened to anyone else but my stock deck on my 2001 prelude was working then it shut off and the anti thief light started blinking. I've removed my battery to reset the deck but that didn't work.

TIA
Advertisement
rc-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Might require a radio code
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

i tried reseting the deck by removing the battery. But when i put everything back together it never asked for the code. The anti thief is still blinking.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
One of the radio fuses might be blown (the ACC+ most likely). Replace blown fuse and see if the deck says 'code' opnce you turn it on. Otherwise bring to SoundsGood and we'll give 'er a check for free.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-luder View Post
i tried reseting the deck by removing the battery. But when i put everything back together it never asked for the code. The anti thief is still blinking.
everytime you remove the battery or have a power failure, the radio will lock up and requires a 5 digit number code to unlock ...

the original Honda dealer which you bought the car brand new from should have it; if you bought it used and have no idea where it's from, any Honda dealer will be able to look it up for you when providing your vin numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #6

I have the code, i just can't get the stereo to ask for the code when i remove the battery to reset it.

I'll check the fuse.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

It's the accessory power like Mike mentioned... it's most likely not seeing any power on that wire to turn the stereo on.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Ye olde moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
everytime you remove the battery or have a power failure, the radio will lock up and requires a 5 digit number code to unlock ...

the original Honda dealer which you bought the car brand new from should have it; if you bought it used and have no idea where it's from, any Honda dealer will be able to look it up for you when providing your vin numbers.
Yes and no. Not all Honda dealers are that helpful. Its best if you go to a Honda dealer that you know or have a good relationship with as they tend to be more helpful. Either that or bribe with beer!

Maple Ridge, BC
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Yes and no. Not all Honda dealers are that helpful. Its best if you go to a Honda dealer that you know or have a good relationship with as they tend to be more helpful. Either that or bribe with beer!
If the car wasn't bought from the dealership, the VIN number will only allow them to see where it was purchased, it doesn't offer a radio code.

any Honda pre 2000, you will need to call the original Honda dealership where the car was purchased like buddy said but

if it's 2001 and newer (excl 01 prelude / cr-v) you can do these simple steps and contact your favourite Honda dealer for the radio code.

1. Have the radio off
2. hold #1 and #6 together,
3. while holding #1 & #6 turn on the radio.

It should read you a Serial code ie: 5432 6532 or l534 b521

if you contact any honda dealers with those codes, they'll be able to give you the radio code.

BoS_DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
One of the radio fuses might be blown (the ACC+ most likely). Replace blown fuse and see if the deck says 'code' opnce you turn it on. Otherwise bring to SoundsGood and we'll give 'er a check for free.
It was a blown fuse! Thanks Mike and everyone for their help!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Ye olde moderator

Quote:

if you contact any honda dealers with those codes, they'll be able to give you the radio code.

Like I said...only if they feel like it. Some dealership service dudes can be pretty cunty.

Maple Ridge, BC