REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
One day isn't going to make a difference. If anything, stopping for one day will bring on an attack. You have to let your brain recover. As much as it is unacceptable to criticize marijuana use, it is a drug. It alters your brain chemistry, and there are repercussions to that.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-29-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
thanks guys, havent touched any party drugs in a year so that be a sweat, yeah ill be cutting down my marijuana use like crazy we'll see how it is lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
And FFS if you ever do see a doctor, let him know you do drugs
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Sorry to hijack ur thread Dlo but...

lately I've been getting anxiety attacks as well, and I definitely think it is due to my increased frequency in blazing this past month, but I think it was really brought on when I started a thing with this girl, and I got anxious as fuck over the slightest thing. But one thing about my anxiety is that it also gives me a lack of appetite. Should I take 5-htp as well? or speak to a doctor? TIA!
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
dlo

speak to a dr.. yeah my dr knows im a pro marijuana guy
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I get anxiety attacks as well sometimes when I'm really extremely worried about something. My last attack I felt my heart was going to burst, hard to breathe, light headed feeling, felt like I was going to sleep and die. It was my first time I believe and it wasn't pleasant at all because I have no idea what was going on at the time. My girlfriend was shocked and was so scared something happened because after that I ended up passing out for an hour and then waking up to a phone call from my parents.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #33
I don't get it

I'm going to try and keep this short as lots of good information has been posted already.

I've been dealing with anxiety for just over 10 years now and have spent a great deal of time researching and experimenting. I completely understand just how frustrating it is to understand and anticipate such overreaction to what seems like something so insignificant, especially when you know that everything is going to be fine immediately after the attack, yet have no control whatsoever over the situation. Like others have said, you need to take care of this sooner rather than later because anxiety attacks often gain strength each time you're exposed to the trigger, much like how an allergic reaction can get increasingly more severe with repeated exposure.

A friend who was studying to become a therapist a few years ago referred me to a really good therapist who helped me make sense of all the information I found myself from the internet. I tried all of the the things listed above and then some to realize that everyone copes differently. Both my friend and my therapist at the time suffered from anxiety themselves, and both had medication to help them deal with their anxieties so don't write it off as long as you realize that the medication isn't to cure your anxiety, but to help you deal with it. My therapist never recommended medication , but with her help I was able to fully understand what I was(am) dealing with. Coupled with my GP's help on prescribed medication, I was finally able to make progress after roughly one and a half years.

Anyway, I think aside from understanding anxiety, you have to figure out what your triggers are, have patience, put in the effort, and believe that you can eventually gain control over it. I think someone mentioned this earlier, but don't underestimate the power of talking to others about what you're dealing with.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
is your anxiety situational or is it biological.

This is important.

if situational work towards a better goal/future/life

if biological

Stop the weed, take vitamin d, fish oils, make sure you are getting a proper diet GO TO THE GYM then if you are still having issues go to the dr.

As someone who had issues in the past with anxiety/depression. DRUGS ARE NOT THE IMMEDIATE SOLUTION.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #35
dlo

juss to get back at this thread, i am getting minimum levels of anxiety attacks, and to reply to meowjin, it sfrom situational work lol, juss a lot of things stressing me out, it was not the weed. all good now, thanks all! I cut out a lot of friends/things that were unhealthy to my life.. changed my lifestyle up and am now a full time student with a 80%+ average
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Sorry to hijack ur thread Dlo but...

lately I've been getting anxiety attacks as well, and I definitely think it is due to my increased frequency in blazing this past month, but I think it was really brought on when I started a thing with this girl, and I got anxious as fuck over the slightest thing. But one thing about my anxiety is that it also gives me a lack of appetite. Should I take 5-htp as well? or speak to a doctor? TIA!
Similar thing happened to me but this was with a girlfriend of 4+ months. We were like 19 and I remember waking up one morning freaking out one day (anxiety plus a hardcore panic attack) saying I feel like I am going to die and if I do then not to worry about me. I noticed the combination of girl pressures + school pressures + hangovers was the perfect formula for some serious panic attacks. I got anti depr- but stopped taking them quickly after I told a good friend I was trying them out and he freaked. He explained a lot of his fam members took em and it turned them into addicted, emotionless, weirdos.

Anyways the most effective way I dealt with it was simply REALIZE and ACKNOWLEDGE anxiety. Like when I would get the heavy breathing and chest issues I would not only try to understand that its just an attack, I would challenge it and be like "bring it on bitch! do your worst". Strangely enough that made it go away.

This was mostly short term attacks, there is some long term stuff that I will get into if someone requests me to share it. Otherwise Good luck on battling this BS!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #37
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Sorry for the threadjack, but I may have run into my first anxiety attack today at work. Compounding environmental stress at the moment plus being very hard on myself performance wise led to my vision narrowing, profuse sweating, hearing my heartbeat in my head and everything just feeling tense. It was the worst feeling in my life once I came down, and I had to apologize to people who saw what happened since I lost control, and the situation that triggered it was something I could handle normally, but somehow couldn't this time. Just thinking about it now raises my heart rate a bit.

Hopefully this doesn't lead to future incidences.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #38
dlo

tbh, i believed the cause of my anxiety was the ongoing stress with committing with schools, friends and S/O, shit was fuckin whack lol, i cut off the bad seeds and boom, felt a lot better but it still took some times, there are many stress relieving methods out there, try to apply some to your life.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #39
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I do what I can to cope, but when the source of the stress is my job, it becomes extremely hard to fight off anxiety issues. I did hit a period of calm the last couple months or so, but now with my second year of automotive schooling looming, and the fear that I'm being shorted on what work I should have done by now combined with other personal issues is causing me to stress and feel anxious over normal things to the point where it's easy for me to snap.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^ Everyone has anxiety, some just have the attacks worse then others.

Way to cope for my stress is.. to sit down at the end of each day and have an hour or two of just sitting around. 10/10:30pm I get home and get to turn my brain off. Don't need to think about anything because by 11:30 I go to sleep and tomorrow's a new day.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #41
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
isn't that what sleep is for mello? Lol
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #42
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

blazing and heavy drinking did it for me about three months ago, id get sweaty and Nausious , had a racing heart beat,
did 30 days of sobriety and started eating more fruits and veggies
i also started taking salmon oil which is high in omega 3's,EPA and DHA
after that the anxiety has pretty much disappeared
i was also moving at the time so that might have had a part in that
ekcivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #43
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Wow, im kinda glad and sad to know that im not the only one that had these issues; however, mine is a little different. I anxiety come from worrying about things that are really pointless to worry about. I will tell you guys a couple of really messed up ones. I was worried about someone would steal my rims on my car for a few weeks, one night I got so worried that I actually went out and sat in my car for a few hours...and this has caused quiet a bit of unnecessary stress for me. and Sometimes I would just randomly be suspicious of people, and think they would do something bad to me....overall, I was just worried about everything..
good thing Im over that now, I think having a positive attitude is very important, think the positive side of people around you. Think about the things you look forward to, I think no matter what you do in life, there is always something good to be taken from it. I think all the anxiety is in your head, its what you think that make you feel the stress. I also think get out of your comfort zone helps too, like talking to people other than your friends, maybe travel to somewhere new. I think the most important thing is just not to worry too much and try to have a positive attitude on everything as much as possible. sorry for the long read, and I hope this helps you guys to feel a little better.
lancergts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #44
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Smoke affects a lot on anxiety. Our brain works in cycles there are ups and downs. Weeds are downer and makes your brain slow down. But once it wears off, your body will automatically adjust and makes your brain go faster. Long period of weed smoking can create big mood swing and make you anxious. So definitely quit smoking.
Posted via RS Mobile
blue_noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #45
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

i used to look forward to blazing all the time, but i rarely do it anymore.

negative experiences started happening last year, everytime i blazed, it just made me felt really down and paranoid, almost as though the world was closing in on me.

the only time i'll do it now is if i drink - liquor seems to help negate the downer feelings.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #46
dlo

i dont drink at all LMFAO, smoke weed errday, i got one this morning for the first time in a LONGG TIME, figured out why i get em, lack of sleep, ate a lot, smoked a lot and some personal issues, suck ballzzzzzzzzz