REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
VLS Head Mod

Chinese forces abortion @ 7 months

Chinese family agrees to cash deal after being forced to abort 7-month-old pregnancy - thestar.com

BEIJING- The family of a woman forced to undergo an abortion because she ran afoul of China’s one-child policy has accepted a cash settlement, apparently ending a controversy that caused a public uproar and embarrassed the government.

Forced abortion sparks outrage

Feng Jianmei’s husband, Deng Jiyuan, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the family accepted the settlement of 70,600 yuan ($11,200) because they wanted to return to a normal life.

Feng was beaten by local officials and forced to abort her baby last month, seven months into her pregnancy, because she did not have 40,000 yuan ($6,300) to pay the fine for having a second child.

Local authorities have often violently imposed abortions and sterilizations in an effort to meet birth quotas set by Beijing, but photos of Feng lying on a hospital bed with the blood-covered baby, reportedly stillborn after a chemical injection, set off a public outpouring of sympathy and outrage after they were posted online. The incident renewed criticism against China’s tough family planning rules.

Chinese authorities issued a rare apology for the incident, fired two officials and sanctioned five others.

Deng, a villager from central China’s Shaanxi province, said his family is “neither satisfied nor dissatisfied” with the amount of the settlement.

“It has never been about the money. As ordinary people, we can no longer take the pressure from all sides of the society,” he said.

Deng and his family were labeled as traitors by fellow townspeople when he tried to get outside attention to the family’s plight. The man later went into hiding before he made it to Beijing to seek legal help.

Deng said the family still wishes for another child.
Advertisement
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Oh my God thats horrible
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Pretty soon they are going to force women to get a tubal ligation after their first child. I understand the population is high but that's beyond sick and wrong on so many levels....
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Still don't get why ppl in china wants a boy so bad..... Just look at all these girls marrying rich husbands and bring fourteen to the family.....
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
just move to canada.....

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Still don't get why ppl in china wants a boy so bad..... Just look at all these girls marrying rich husbands and bring fourteen to the family.....
Men make money, women spend money
You don't live in the same place, you can never understand

It's like they don't understand why white people don't dress famous brands and drive fancy cars
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
You can only have one child, meaning the only way to carry on your family name is to have a boy.
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Oh China...

If you didn't make all our electronics, there's no way you'd get away with all this bullshit, you assholes.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

But why at 7 months? By 7 months the fetus should be quite close to being a human baby already. This endangers the life of the mother as well.
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
this is gonna bite me in the ass butt.... she can afford almost 2 more babies now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFrancis View Post
But why at 7 months? By 7 months the fetus should be quite close to being a human baby already. This endangers the life of the mother as well.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
most probably they were sad and angry when it happened.

and as soon as money was shoved in the faces of the family unexpectedly, the trade was immediately justified as a-okay.

like stylinred said... it's true.
they think that way. opportunistic. now they can have two babies. for the sacrifice of one. that opportunity came forth, and they took it.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
The law is the law
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #14
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
now after this, you will all the poor families gona try to cash in and start making babies...

this is going to get out of hand..
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
It's easy to fling an accusatory finger at China and call their family-planning laws a "barbaric policy".

We live in Canada with a population 97% smaller. You get that? We have barely 3% of the population of China and we have more land to boot.

Look, it's really simple. Either the government imposes some sort of population control - or mother nature does. And trust me, as brutal as the government may be, it doesn't hold a candle to what nature would do.

Starvation. Poverty. Disease. Death.

Seriously - what do you think happens when you have more people than you can support? Take your pick: a little government imposed family planning or pain, suffering and death.

You don't like their population control? Fine. Then what would YOU do with a population bursting at the seams? 1,300,000,000 and growing. What's your solution? Send them to Canada?

Take a good had look at China's population. That could be Canada in a few generations. What would would you do then?

"It's obvious there is no "one child policy" in china if you have the money to pay off corrupt local officials. 40,000 yuan = the life of one child in china. "

But THIS is not an example of it. Again, it's very simple. You want to have more than one kid? You have to be able to provide for him or her. And you have to pay for the impact your additional kid will have on a country that has a severe problem with over population. 40,000 yuan. That's the rules and they apply to everyone.

Now - having said that - forcing a woman to have an abortion violates her basic human rights to her own body. THAT is too much. But the Chinese have acknowledged this and punished those involved. What else do you want?"
Any thoughts on over population?

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

THIS is terrible. I feel horrible for this mother and her unborn child and her existing child and her husband. In an ideal world to maintain the laws with out such horror the child would be born and then removed from their custody.

But the one child policy is necessary and frankly something we here in Canada (with negative population growth) can't understand but if we lived in China or India or Mexico City some other corner of the worth that is crammed with an insane amount of people and poverty we wouldn't see this as repugnant.

We're fortunate to live in a part of the world where we can decide if we want to or don't want to have kids (and the bulk of us actually won't, or if we do will only have one) but don't be so fast to judge what is frankly necessary for survival in other parts of the world.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

I don't understand how this a bad thing...she broke the law, and then paid the price. Simples.
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
I keep RS good

I don't think people understand the severity of overpopulation.

Half the people on this forum haven't even left North America. Hell, some probably have never left the lower mainland.

34.1 Million people in Canada...

We don't even have ONE megacity. (10m+ population in a city).

There are countries where megacities are starting to merge, giving birth to Megalopolis's.

Guangzhou: 41,230,000 people
Shanghai: 25,607,016 people

those two cities alone already basically have DOUBLE the amount of people in Canada.
in TWO cities.

LOL, tokyo city alone has more people than all of canada combined.

I don't think people can even imagine, especially the ones that have lived in the boonies their whole lives.

remember, the reason you guys hate mainlanders is cuz of the way they act, and most of the reason they act this way is because of overpopulation.

you give birth to a kid there, you can be sure your neighbour is going to do whatever he can to make sure his kid rises above yours, and take whatever little resources there are through whatever means necessary. it's a dog eat dog world.

westerners only perceive and feel competition in education and the work force, and they can barely handle that already. there's no way they can imagine what it is like if competition included competing for your life. people already do crazy things to get ahead in the workforce. imagine what people have to do to get ahead just so they can see the light of day again.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
But the one child policy is necessary and frankly something we here in Canada (with negative population growth) can't understand but if we lived in China or India or Mexico City some other corner of the worth that is crammed with an insane amount of people and poverty we wouldn't see this as repugnant.

Instead of reducing population growth, the governments would focus on encouraging families to relocate to lesser populated areas if they want to continue to breed. Rather than concentrating their populations in urban areas, create incentives to reduce urban sprawl and to invigorate areas that would benefit from a larger population.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
My daughter was born at 6 months. She is a perfectly healthy baby. This kinda hits me in the heart but I understand law is law. There has to be a happy middle ground though. I mean... how late will they force an abortion?

Berz out.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFrancis View Post
because prior to that, it's an alien with 4 eyes and 8 appendages .. right?
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
I don't understand how this a bad thing...she broke the law, and then paid the price. Simples.
Its not simples

Abortion at 7 months is basically killing a fully developed baby. Its not like getting busted for speeding or caught with something, it is killing chemically a child you have developed for 7 months in your stomach. Imagine having something dead just come out of you at no fault of your own.

If it was a simple case of the law following through, there wouldn't be any repurcussions or apologies from China, a nation known for its terrible human rights infractions.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
I keep RS good

ummm... you guys are debating like "oh it's almost a baby"
or "7 months!!!"

as if it were anything significant.

it could be a newborn baby. regardless, they would execute it.

they're executing based not how old it is, or how close it is to being a fully developed human.

they're executing it based on the fact that it is not allowed to exist.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
I don't think people understand the severity of overpopulation.

Half the people on this forum haven't even left North America. Hell, some probably have never left the lower mainland.

34.1 Million people in Canada...

We don't even have ONE megacity. (10m+ population in a city).

There are countries where megacities are starting to merge, giving birth to Megalopolis's.

Guangzhou: 41,230,000 people
Shanghai: 25,607,016 people

those two cities alone already basically have DOUBLE the amount of people in Canada.
in TWO cities.

LOL, tokyo city alone has more people than all of canada combined.

I don't think people can even imagine, especially the ones that have lived in the boonies their whole lives.

remember, the reason you guys hate mainlanders is cuz of the way they act, and most of the reason they act this way is because of overpopulation.

you give birth to a kid there, you can be sure your neighbour is going to do whatever he can to make sure his kid rises above yours, and take whatever little resources there are through whatever means necessary. it's a dog eat dog world.

westerners only perceive and feel competition in education and the work force, and they can barely handle that already. there's no way they can imagine what it is like if competition included competing for your life. people already do crazy things to get ahead in the workforce. imagine what people have to do to get ahead just so they can see the light of day again.
I live in HK in the past and yea it sucks back there. Basically you live in a 400 to 509sq ft apartments with 5 ppl. Even in transit you have to fight to get in not to mention there are lines up everywhere. Hot as fuck there, always sweating.

But the good thing about HK is that public transit is awesome, good/chep food everywhere shops open 24hour, easy to have sex with girls and lots to do. Plus they have cheap high speed Internet.

However, I think HK is a nice place to visit from time to time.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

i hope they will have better life when they reincarnate. next life don't become a chinese living under communist bandits.
DiaoSi is offline   Reply With Quote