REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
That's why you don't go flossing your expensive ride on Granville or near Granville when the clubs are closing because you're asking for trouble. Drunk people do stupid things which they normally wouldn't do when sober.

This spitting reminds me of my friend who had his M3 kicked by some random guy last year near Granville. The guy was crossing the street with a bunch of his buddies, he looked at my friend and his girl, walked up to the passenger side door and kicked it a couple times for no apparent reason. My friend got out, walked up to the guy and smashed the guy in the face with his fist so hard that it knocked the guy out and fractured his jaw. My friend is now fighting assault charges so yah, keep your exotics and expensive rides away from Granville or risk some drunk idiot spitting or do something else.
Similar incident - My friend was driving his GTR down to Granville to pick up his girlfriend from the club. He was stopped at a red light at Granville/Nelson, and a group of guys were crossing the street. One of them takes a run towards my friend's car, jumps up and just stomps on the hood. My buddy gets out to chase them, but the guys dash, and the light turns green. Nothing he could do.

It's just ridiculous how jealous jackasses have to damage other people's things to make themselves feel better. Baffling.
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #52
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
^Keep a paintball gun in the car

jk

but not really..
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #53
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,184 Posts
It's unfortunate, but it seems like you gotta avoid places with idiots (i.e. downtown during clubbing hours) if you drive a nice car...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #54
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
^Yeah, sometimes shit just happens and you're just at the wrong place at the wrong time. You drive downtown hundreds of times with no problem, you never expect some douchebag to stomp your car for no reason.

Another one of my friends had to switch parking stalls at work to be right under a camera, because his M3 kept getting keyed.

Some people are just absolutely petty and pathetic.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #55
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I feel it's worst out there for owners of expensive cars because of the economic climate. There's so many bitter people out there who target exotic and luxury cars because they assume the owner is in the elite "1%".

It's a sad world we live in where people who are successful are labeled "evil" while unemployed idiots who rip our cities apart and cause massive damage to property are seen as "good.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^Pretty sure the battery charges would stay with your friend. That's just a shitty ordeal. Did any witnesses step forward to say "that s*ithead instigated it by kicking your friend's car"?

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #57
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Stupid to bring your ride to granville on the weekend etc
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
There should be a law that allows victims to whoop some ass.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #59
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
^Pretty sure the battery charges would stay with your friend. That's just a shitty ordeal. Did any witnesses step forward to say "that s*ithead instigated it by kicking your friend's car"?
Yup, there's a second witness that came forward because my friend went back and asked the local
stores if anyone witnessed it so his lawyer feels the case will be dropped based on the witnesses.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #60
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
not sure if getting your car kicked is grounds for smashing asshole's face in... but good luck to your friend, really shitty place for him to be in
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #61
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
not sure if getting your car kicked is grounds for smashing asshole's face in... but good luck to your friend, really shitty place for him to be in
hindsight is 20/20 but people with composure would have called the cops and had the guy charged for mischief for kicking his car (if there was damage)/claim it through ICBC as vandalism. Thing with following through with charges is that it doesn't entitle your buddy to be reimbursed payment, only criminal charges. Unless ICBC decides to nail the guy's insurance to cover the damages.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I feel it's worst out there for owners of expensive cars because of the economic climate. There's so many bitter people out there who target exotic and luxury cars because they assume the owner is in the elite "1%".

It's a sad world we live in where people who are successful are labeled "evil" while unemployed idiots who rip our cities apart and cause massive damage to property are seen as "good.
or how people that are unemployed, disability on welfare are lazy or we should feel shame when going to food banks or how having a mental disorder is frowned upon.

oh wait

also why the fuck would you go show off your ride on granville at 3 am? That just screams LOOK AT MY CHEAP SLUTS IM A DOUCHE COME SLEEP WITH ME.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #63
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Tons of Fucking Coke Heads roaming around granville,not surprised to see a exotic get spit on at 3 am with these idiots feeling all high and mighty.