REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   bee hive surprise (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671041-bee-hive-surprise.html)

sonick 07-18-2012 08:50 AM

you! 07-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 7978076)
If you want to DIY and be safe, reduce the ambiant temperature before attempting anything; that will make the wasp less energetic and agressive. Do it in the middle of the night and leave the hut open to cool down.

fuck the safe way lol i'm gonna do it whenever the weather is nice and clear for good vid footage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 7978327)

hahaha i remember this old ass thread, yeah i knew someone here would suggest this thats why i mentioned on my first post that i don't have a big ass bbq pit plus being in a townhouse doesnt help cuz of neighbors calling 911 lol

you! 07-18-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 7978411)
*cough*.....no fireworks?...no worries

2L bottle (empty)
Dry Ice..
?????
run like Hell & Blow It The Fuck Up without fire and flames!
Dry Ice Explosion - YouTube

kk since i really like to blow shit up, this is my #1 choice for now since fireworks r nowhere to be grabbed right now and unless someone here gives me a better idea..

can anybody here tell me where i can get some dry ice? preferably somewhere in richmond bcuz i live here and dont wanna go out too far for this shit

R&R 07-18-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by you! (Post 7978697)
kk since i really like to blow shit up, this is my #1 choice for now since fireworks r nowhere to be grabbed right now and unless someone here gives me a better idea..

can anybody here tell me where i can get some dry ice? preferably somewhere in richmond bcuz i live here and dont wanna go out too far for this shit

bear scares theres a store in new west where they sell it :grenade:

El Bastardo 07-18-2012 02:12 PM

If you don't video your wasp removal, post it on Youtube, and post it in this thread there might be a chance you'll get banned :whistle:

saveth 07-18-2012 03:02 PM

I actually just took down a wasp nest 2 days ago. It was the size of a women's basketball. I used raid foaming wasp killer. It's actually pretty dangerous if you follow the directions on the can because it requires you to poke the red stick into the next after you sprayed the entrance of the nest. I did this just before dark so there were some pissed off wasps trying to get back into the hive.

Good luck. I hope you're not allergic.

Akinari 07-18-2012 03:11 PM

Those definitely aren't bees, and in fact a wasp nest instead. Take caution.

AW607 07-18-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saveth:7978816
I actually just took down a wasp nest 2 days ago. It was the size of a women's basketball.

How big is a women's basketball compared to a normal basketball :suspicious:

punkwax 07-18-2012 03:41 PM

:Popcorn

LSF22 07-18-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by you! (Post 7978697)

Where richmond... RS meet? :concentrate:

rsx 07-18-2012 04:44 PM

how about wrap a garbage bag around it, poke one hole, spray it with as much flammable gas as you can and light it, would that suck all the oxygen out?

Redlines_Daily 07-18-2012 06:11 PM

enough talk, just do it already!

JesseBlue 07-18-2012 06:19 PM

yes..enough talk wuss and burn in....

then i wanna see you in the news :fuckthatshit:

you! 07-18-2012 08:00 PM

not gonna be able to do this until at least this coming monday because my bro took my full face helmet for his track day and i wont get it back til this sunday...

i still need a source of dry ice, preferably in richmond or near richmond.. cmon guys i really wanna see some kaboom :)

pure.life 07-18-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by you! (Post 7979090)
not gonna be able to do this until at least this coming monday because my bro took my full face helmet for his track day and i wont get it back til this sunday...

i still need a source of dry ice, preferably in richmond or near richmond.. cmon guys i really wanna see some kaboom :)

I'm sure the RS community can hook you up with a full face helmet before Monday!

OGCStrike 07-18-2012 09:00 PM

:thumbs: cant wait for the vid!

JesseBlue 07-18-2012 10:12 PM

wait for it in the news...or funniest home videos...

seakrait 07-18-2012 10:45 PM

FYI, i used to conduct dry ice explosions for a science/engineering camp for kids i used to work at (we even made a chicken cannon powered by liquid nitrogen explosions). dry ice explosions do make a lot of noise and they do fling the plastic quite a ways but in no way will this be effective in killing the wasps. there's just not enough focused energy in the explosion or in the plastic shrapnel to do anything (unless you are able to duct-tape the dry-ice bottle to the nest. at most, the explosion will damage the nest but you won't kill all or many of the wasps. you'll just end up pissing them off. and they're wasps. they're not bees. what that means is that they don't die after they sting you. they can keep stinging and stinging and stinging. so be prepared for that inevitability.

officially, i cannot condone the fire route though it would certainly destroy the nest and the wasps that are doused in accelerants. however, risk to your health and property would be quite high.

my vote is for the safe/boring method. garbage can held right under the nest. use a branch trimmer to sever the nest from your shed's ceiling. quickly cover the can. drill a hole into the lid and fill the can with insecticide. close hole with duct tape. wait.

sonick 07-18-2012 10:48 PM

1. Throw nest into garbage can, replace lid.
2. Light fireworks/firecrackers.
3. Open lid, throw into garbage can, replace lid.
4. Open lid and see the wasp carnage.

AzNightmare 07-19-2012 12:16 AM

So no one has mentioned this yet.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8...0717185147.jpg

I'm not famiilar with bee hives, but are they supposed to look so decorative like that??
:suspicious:

That texturing kinda looks like a work of art vs. this.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...4057tqsZDO.jpg

AW607 07-19-2012 12:25 AM

I think we've established that it's a wasp's nest.. no signs of honeycombing as far as I can see

wobuffet 07-19-2012 12:30 AM

that's a wasp's nest, not a bee hive.
easiest way to distinguish; wasp's nest looks like it's made of paper, cuz it's pretty much chewed up wood and plant fibers mixed with their saliva.

bee hive will have honeycombs all over.

AzNightmare 07-19-2012 12:32 AM

Didn't know the difference. But I looked it up now.
Amazes me how Wasps can make such nice looking things.
Is there a documentary video showing the process of this?

elwell 07-19-2012 01:05 AM

You can always use a lighter and some axe for fun.. and when you're finished you can just poke it with a broom stick

dlo 07-19-2012 02:21 AM

Practice ur aim, bat and some lit baseballs hahaha