REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
cheap car rentals

i've been looking around for cheap car rentals and seems i cannot rent for 1 day. Is this normal?

Need a car for August 5th (Sunday). All the places i have looked at won't allow me to return until Aug 7th. Is this how it normally works?

This will be my first time renting a car.
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Search Car2Go, ZipCar
Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Where have you looked? I dont see why they wont let you return till the 7th. Zipcar and Car2Go wont work out cheap for you either as they all require fees to join as a member.

EDIT: August 6th is BC Day i just realized. Maybe thats why.

Last edited by LP700-4; 07-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

I'm already a car2go member. It's 65/day. But I have 3 people going and smartcar can only seat 2.

I looked at Avis and Enterprise

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Try Mr.Rent a car then, either in richmond or on kingsway.

Mr. Rent-A-Car Luxury car rental in Vancouver, Richmond Canada

We used them when we needed to rent a car for somebody.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

^Thanks. But they want $50 a day.

I want to be able to pick up during closing hours on Sat and return on Monday morning.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Have you tried other weekends and see if you can only rent one day?

Cause the day you're trying to rent falls under BC. Day long weekend. Some rentals might not be open...that's why you can't return until the 7th.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Avis rent a car is pretty decent. I was able to rent a Fiat 500 for about 25$ a day. Not sure how much it would be now since its what theyd call peak season but you could give them a try.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Weekends are sometimes minimum 2 day rentals. At least that's from my experience.

Just search on a expedia or priceline website to get a feel of how much the car is first, then go to individual websites to rent the car. Redflagdeals is a good source for coupon codes.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Have you tried the locations at Airport? They usually open early and close late.
reds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
MiX iT Up!

^ i'm out in surrey so airport is too far to go pick up a car and return. also, ill be going to seattle, so surrey-richmond-whiterock does not make sense, when i'm 20mins from the border.