REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #76
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Latest update says the police know who the owner of Captain is, but he has been missing for a week now.
There is some speculations is he may have committed suicide but this is unconfirmed.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #77
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
In other news, an 8 year old girl was petting dogs in Stanley Park to raise money in honour of Captain. All proceeds go to SPCA. She charged 50 cents a pet and raised good money apparently

too bad i can't find the article.. saw it on the news though
The story of Captain, the German shepherd, has struck a chord.

The two-year old dog was found badly hurt in a Kitsilano dumpster last week and died of his injuries shortly after.

Community support continues to grow as the BC SPCA investigates.

Seven-year-old Stella McWilliam stood with a poster board on the seawall between the Granville and Cambie street bridges.

“My goal is to pet 1,000 dogs. … I'm going to give fifty cents to the SPCA in memory of Captain."

The girl’s $500 objective may seem like a lot, but as her parents note, each SPCA investigation can cost up to $10,000 to complete.

“You really have to take care of your pets,” she adds.

Local News Story

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 07-25-2012 at 11:34 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #78
Rider

Brian Whitlock - owner of Captain has been detained by VPD on another unrelated matter.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #79
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Police brutality please

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #80
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

heartless
Duff Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #81
Hyde's Understudy

fucking hope he gets his asss beat down in detention

rip captain
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #82
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I was thinking of other options but it has to be a current event so the sled dogs wouldn't be accepted.

Very glad to see the community come together to show support and try to get the park named after Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvd View Post
^+1

Instead of doing your paper on a case that is still under ongoing investigation, maybe you could do it on that sled dog case that happened in whistler a couple of years ago.

Just a suggestion.

RIP doggy. I'm sorry that our kind puts your kind through so much.
superSandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #83
Banned (ABWS)

This is ridic. Its a dog. Put it in the ground and move on. Its an animal, it dosnt have soul and dosnt feel pain. Waste of money. Use it to feed the homeless or something.

Idontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Ban this guy please

How can you say that just because a dog is an animal it can't feel pain or doesn't have a soul? That is just plain absurd. You are the "animal" in this case.

Last edited by Energy; 07-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #85
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
This is ridic. Its a dog. Put it in the ground and move on. Its an animal, it dosnt have soul and dosnt feel pain. Waste of money. Use it to feed the homeless or something.

Looks like the money your parents spent on you was a waste, you human trash.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #86
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post

Hey faggot, why don't you kill yourself so we have some more to feed the homeless with.

wedontwantyouonthisplanetanymorefaggot.jpg
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #87
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Calm down, people. Don't feed the trolls.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #88
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Calm down, people. Don't feed the trolls.
You know... I know exactly why you say that, but honestly... there are a lot of people who believe the trollish sentiments so in the end, it's a bit hard to say if it is just "trolling" or that... some people actually believe that a dogs life is:

* not as valuable
* just an object
* not deserving of similar empathy that we share towards our human counterparts
* etc.

And although they have a point (that a human life is ALWAYS more valuable than an animal's), I think they're just missing out on an even bigger point, which is:

Yes, we can connect, we can treat, we can empathize, and we can mourn the loss of dog as if they were human. However, that does not mean that the sympathic people of this thread does not care about human suffering that occurs around us as well.

We equally care about those human crisis' and our empathy towards our canine friends does not mean we do not show equal (if not more) empathy to human suffering. (for some reason some people just don't understand this; to them it's just gotta be one or the other).

The fact is, people like us, we care (about captain) because we have the capacity to care for things that go even beyond what perils humankind. TBH, the fact that a few people already here can rationalize and trivialize the "value" of a being lesser than them (such as a dog) just makes me think that these individuals probably have the same qualities and values as the individuals who can just throw away a dog in a dumpster just because... it's now an inconvenient item.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #89
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
You know... I know exactly why you say that, but honestly... there are a lot of people who believe the trollish sentiments so in the end, it's a bit hard to say if it is just "trolling" or that... some people actually believe that a dogs life is:

* not as valuable
* just an object
* not deserving of similar empathy that we share towards our human counterparts
* etc.

And although they have a point (that a human life is ALWAYS more valuable than an animal's), I think they're just missing out on an even bigger point, which is:

Yes, we can connect, we can treat, we can empathize, and we can mourn the loss of dog as if they were human. However, that does not mean that the sympathic people of this thread does not care about human suffering that occurs around us as well.

We equally care about those human crisis' and our empathy towards our canine friends does not mean we do not show equal (if not more) empathy to human suffering. (for some reason some people just don't understand this; to them it's just gotta be one or the other).

The fact is, people like us, we care (about captain) because we have the capacity to care for things that go even beyond what perils humankind. TBH, the fact that a few people already here can rationalize and trivialize the "value" of a being lesser than them (such as a dog) just makes me think that these individuals probably have the same qualities and values as the individuals who can just throw away a dog in a dumpster just because... it's now an inconvenient item.
I don't disagree with what you said, in fact, I was having the same conversation with a friend over dinner.

If you replace the word dog with 'pig' in exactly what you just wrote, you sound like a PETA activist. It's just food for thought, but if you see it like that, then how the person views dogs is the same as say what the average person would say about a pig. "Oh it's just food, slaughter the shit out of them etc."

While I may be alone on this, I feel that the dog's suffering was pretty tragic, but it bugs me when people only get outraged to this kind of thing for only dogs and sharks, etc.

Don't think me wrong, I do agree with you, but sometimes I think people can be a bit extreme. It bugs me that there's a candlelight vigil for this dog, when people are so oblivious to suffering, say in slaughterhouses.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #90
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I think the difference is, a dog is a pet, a part of the family. Whereas a pig normally isn't. I figure it's just the pet vs. food mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #91
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I think the difference is, a dog is a pet, a part of the family. Whereas a pig normally isn't. I figure it's just the pet vs. food mentality.
Or the fact that a dog can actually be useful, loyal, and listen to your commands... whereas a pig is a pig..... lol. I used to have a chicken as a pet. Cried when it died but fried chicken is the tastiest thing on the planet yo.
BallerOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #92
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I don't disagree with what you said, in fact, I was having the same conversation with a friend over dinner.

If you replace the word dog with 'pig' in exactly what you just wrote, you sound like a PETA activist. It's just food for thought, but if you see it like that, then how the person views dogs is the same as say what the average person would say about a pig. "Oh it's just food, slaughter the shit out of them etc."

While I may be alone on this, I feel that the dog's suffering was pretty tragic, but it bugs me when people only get outraged to this kind of thing for only dogs and sharks, etc.

Don't think me wrong, I do agree with you, but sometimes I think people can be a bit extreme. It bugs me that there's a candlelight vigil for this dog, when people are so oblivious to suffering, say in slaughterhouses.
I meant to reply to you this morning but had little time.

Anyhow, the reason why our society is far more attached to dogs rather than your random wildlife critter is because dogs have a special place among our society.

Other than being just our household pets, to greet us when we get home, keep us company, watch our house (property) in our absence, they directly contribute to our society just like your fellow peers. Just to name a few roles dogs have taken:

* They take care of our handicapped [blind];
* Their therapeutic qualities are what started the Therapy Dogs program. A program where dogs are sent to visit hospitals, hospices, etc to cheer up the sick and needy.
* There's law enforcement dogs.
* There's search and rescue dogs.
* There's hunting dogs.

To add why in addition to the above, people are even more attached to them, (and sometimes even moreso than their human counterparts) is because for some reason, it seems like "dogs" are one the few beings on this earth that seem to understand and be able to express "love."

* a dog is loyal (maybe even more loyal than human beings)
* a dog isn't judgemental. They don't care if you're rich or poor, ugly or beautiful. If you love them, they will reciprocate. (this is far from the truth when it comes to people)
* And just like human beings, it's been known that dogs can/and have put their life in peril in order to save another human being; whether it be pulling a drowing person out of the water, pulling someone from a burning building, or even just a simple as finding help for someone who may be incapacitated.

So you see, even if in the surface they're just like your traditional 4 legged mammal, the above are the reasons why the argument of.... "why can't you (___ insert random animal name ___) and mourne for them just as you do a dog.

Or in this particular case, why dogs get somewhat a similar treatment and empathy as a human being.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #93
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
The owner of Captain, a two-year-old German shepherd who was found wrapped in a bloody blanket inside a Vancouver dumpster this summer, has been charged with of animal cruelty.

Brian Whitlock, 26, was charged under the Criminal Code and will make his first court appearance in Vancouver this Friday.

“The BC SPCA is extremely pleased that Crown counsel accepted our recommendation for charges in this case,” said Lorie Chortyk, general manager of community relations for the BC SPCA, in a release. “It is absolutely heartbreaking to think of the suffering that this dog experienced – it’s beyond comprehension.”

When Captain was found lying helpless in the dumpster by building residents on July 18, he was conscious but unresponsive.

The dog was suffering from serious lacerations and massive bruising to his head and body.

Later tests revealed that he had extreme neurological and spinal damage and was likely going to be a quadriplegic.

Captain died of cardiac arrest shortly after he was found despite the medial care he received.

If convicted, Whitlock faces up to five years in jail, a fine of up to $75,000 and up to a lifetime ban on owning or having custody of animals.

Global BC | Charges of animal cruelty approved against owner of Captain, German shepherd beaten and left in dumpster

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #94
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

this fucker needs to pay
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #95
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,690 Posts
-really hoping that this scumbag faces the maximum sentence, of 5 years in jail. There's gotta be justice for the German shepherd "Captain."

Come on Canadian justice system, make this douchebag pay for his crime!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #96
I bringith the lowerballerith

let's just say the justice system let's everyone down and decides not to make a example out of him(good chance of it),the public knows who he is and what he looks like,good luck to him on trying to walk down the street in piece or fear of some animal lover wanting to smash his head in.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #97
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
People running over people are getting 5-8 year manslaughter charges, there's no way in hell he will get even 3
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #98
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
If he gets a year in federal jail I'd be happy. He will get fucking destroyed by other inmates when they find out what he did. I'm not one to think vigilante justice will get anyone anywhere, but I would have a hard time not smiling hearing this guy got his jaw turned into dust by a pipe wrench. You can say a human life is more valuable than a dogs all you want, but someone who's so clearly malicious as this guy, their "human" life isn't worth fucking shit. Not to mention cruelty to animals goes hand in hand with cruelty to other humans.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #99
I am Hook'd on RS

on top of his jail time (if he gets any), i'd like to propose lashing with cat o'nine tails or a bullwhip...
Posted via RS Mobile
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #100
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If he gets a year in federal jail I'd be happy. He will get fucking destroyed by other inmates when they find out what he did. I'm not one to think vigilante justice will get anyone anywhere, but I would have a hard time not smiling hearing this guy got his jaw turned into dust by a pipe wrench. You can say a human life is more valuable than a dogs all you want, but someone who's so clearly malicious as this guy, their "human" life isn't worth fucking shit. Not to mention cruelty to animals goes hand in hand with cruelty to other humans.
2 years + a day = federal prison.

2 years - a day = provincial prison.

If he does go to jail,the smart thing for him to do is check himself into PC rightaway.

TBO,if I ever run into this motherfucker on the street,it's going to take alot of willpower for me not to knock his fucking eyes out of his head.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: