REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #1

Family road trip to Banff... need suggestions

Hi all,

I will be taking the family on a 4-5 day road trip to Banff in aug. Just wondering where should I stop and look at what... stuff like that.

Thanks in advanced.
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Are you staying in Banff for the whole trip?
A really easy hike I'd suggest is Grassi Lakes trail... it's in Canmore but it's only about 20mins away from Banff. You access the trail by the Canmore Nordic Centre area. At one point of the trail it splits and you choose the easy route or difficult route. The difficult route isn't hard at all (just watch your footing), I only see seniors and people with strollers going up the easy route lol.. it took me about 45mins to get to the top and it was amazing!

You miss this view if you take the easy route...

But once you reach the top, this is what you see...

Machi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #3

GreaT Picts... The lake looks awesome

I m thinking

Day 1 van->jasper
Day 2 Jasper -> Banff
Day 3 Banff -> Kelowna
Day 4 Kelowna -> van