REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Good vets in Vancouver

Does anyone know of any good vets in the area around victoria and 49th?
Thanks
Advertisement
jshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
I take my dog to Vancouver Veterinary Hospital on Kingsway and King Ed. Really nice and sincere people.
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
^ +1
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Before the ex and I broke up, she would always take Charlie to Richmond Companion Animal Clinic.
Since he's been in my possession, I decided to continually take him there, and the service is great!

He was recently neutered-
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Whatever you do,stay the fuck away from Atlas animal hospital in that area.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
I take my dog to Vancouver Veterinary Hospital on Kingsway and King Ed. Really nice and sincere people.
+1
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
+1 and also killarney pet hospital for that matter, they're both connected I believe and you want to avoid them like a plague. I used to live in burnaby and I take my dog to North Burnaby pet hospital and even though I move to the killarney area now, I still take my guy there because of the great service and also knowledgeable vet
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

it's a bit farther out for you but metrotown animal hospital on royal oak and rumble has my vote. i used to live on grandview and rupert and would make the trip there for my dog. good people who actually care.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
whats wrong with atlas??
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

South burnaby veterinary hospital is where I go now. went to Killarney vet hospital before and they just don't seem to care at all, south burnaby vet on the other hand is all women vets and from my experience women vets just seems to care and want to help more. Great service and lots of info and options for your pet.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
whats wrong with atlas??
too many horror stories about their practices there. just... trust us. stay away. lol
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
whats wrong with atlas??
What's wrong with Atlas? where do I begin....but I won't bore you with the countless horror stories about his place,just stayaway from them.

The only reason why alot of people still go to this shithole is due to their cheap rates.I still wonder how this place is still open and the doctor has not had their medical licence taken away already.

If I were a animal,I would want my gaurdian to take me to the best doctor possible when I'm sick,not some mickey mouse doctor that has more fuckups then they can count.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #13

Quote:
What's wrong with Atlas? where do I begin....but I won't bore you with the countless horror stories about his place,just stayaway from them.

The only reason why alot of people still go to this shithole is due to their cheap rates.I still wonder how this place is still open and the doctor has not had their medical licence taken away already.

If I were a animal,I would want my gaurdian to take me to the best doctor possible when I'm sick,not some mickey mouse doctor that has more fuckups then they can count.
he doesn't even need to ask us. one quick google search for reviews and it's clear about the horror stories. the one liners that say they're great with a 3/3 rating is obviously bs.

https://plus.google.com/102417128511...gl=CA&hl=en-CA
Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

'Incompetent' Vancouver vet has licence pulled - British Columbia - CBC News
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #15

" Bhullar — co-owner of Atlas Animal Hospital in Vancouver — says he's the victim of bias."

This part is a joke! What bias is he claiming? If he means seperating the good vets from the shitty ones,then yes it is biased,but it's a good way.

The sad part is,he will most likely move to a different province or operate undergrand and start this shit all over again.

I can't imagine what kind of damage this guy would have done if he practiced on humans.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
2 Wheelin' Mod

Thanks for the heads up the person we bought our gsd from told us its his uncles office and told us to take our puppy their for a free neutering (he hasn't been neutered yet). had 2nd thoughts after our "Pure breed short hair gsd" turned into what looks to be a king shepherd
Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #17

No problem.If we could just convince one person not to take their beloved pet to this shithole,we feel like a job well done.

Since you're in Surrey,I highly recommend Newton animal hospital,I have one friend that lives in North Van and she takes her Pom there.I also got all three of my dogs ears cropped there too,I aslo know of many others who have been there for the same procedure.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #18

anybody know a 24hr emergency vet clinics
Nssan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
as a general rule of thumb I avoid all brown vets. Most of them have their degrees from overseas and in india the way people treat animals in general is just horrible.

Killarney vet is not bad but I always call in ahead of time to make sure Vivian (I forget her last name) is there.

My friends yorkie had issues with having to have his ears cleaned, the other vet @ killarney kept keeping him overnight to put him to sleep then clean his ears. We did this a few times but it was getting expensive, out of luck one day we went to vivian and she told us straight up that it was just a cash grab to put the dog to sleep. She gave us a bottle of medicine and said to just clean his ears ourselves. Been going back to her ever since.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

^ in regards to that comment about brown doctors, there's this one brown vet in surrey at a place called high point animal hospital. I've been reading a whole bunch of reviews on the place and everything has been positive. Actually he's rated as the best vet in surrey. Spykers comments on newton animal hospital seem to be inline with comments I've heard from others as well. I think I'm going to take my APBT named Knight there to get his ears cropped.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Yeah, I don't think all brown vets are all that bad....I dealt with one in Cloverdale...He wasn't bad at doing his job, but he was just a horrible people person....He got the job done, but didn't care so much to be friendly with the animals and whatnot and he wasn't all that much of a people person either...

There was a time when my dog swallowed rat poison when he was younger and I immediately took him to this Cloverdale guy. He got the job done, made him swallow a bunch of liquid charcoal to get him to throw up, but when he saw me crying about it he turned to my dad and told him that I need to toughen up and that it's "only a dog"......are you shitting me....only a dog? Your entire career is because of "only a dog"....

ugh, needless to say, I told my parents we're never going back there again...We now go to the Newton Animal Hospital that Teh Doucher mentioned...

Also, there's also a great brown vet at "186th St. Animal Hospital"....He's great with people and great with dogs as well...He seems like he was born here though, so that would make a difference too.

There was also another in South Surrey, Dr. Hair, and I've heard only good things about him as well. He's already retired now though.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #22

my vet at metrotown animal hospital is brown as well, but i've had nothing but good experiences with him so the comment about brown vets is not always true, as backed by the previous comments.

my vet seems to know what hes doing, doesn't do unnecessary things and provides the proper medication. hell, he even gave me medication free because i saw him again about rashes on my dog, and he asked about the cream, and told him my dog chewed up the tube that he gave us. so he gave me another one and told me that its on the house and to not worry about it. if problems still persist after the 2 weeks, go back and see him.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
I think I'm going to take my APBT named Knight there to get his ears cropped.
How old is the dog?

The vet will not crop a dogs ears if the animal is older than 2 months.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
My friends yorkie had issues with having to have his ears cleaned, the other vet @ killarney kept keeping him overnight to put him to sleep then clean his ears. We did this a few times but it was getting expensive, out of luck one day we went to vivian and she told us straight up that it was just a cash grab to put the dog to sleep. She gave us a bottle of medicine and said to just clean his ears ourselves. Been going back to her ever since.
The sad part about dishonest vets is,they love to pray on the owners love for their animals in the form of scaring them to milk more money out of them.

All three of my dogs have had ear infections(cropped ears),not once have I had to put one under to flush out the ear,all it took was ear medication and ear flush solution.I found the best way to prevent ear infections is to flush out the dogs ears once a week.

I will not put a dog under unless I absolutely have to,when putting a dog under,there is a chance they may not wake up when the procedure is over.I 'm not willing to take that chance at all unless it's really neccesary.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
2 Wheelin' Mod

is 140 a lot to get a dog neutered some places offer the same service for a lot less