REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Weekly Night Cruise (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671247-weekly-night-cruise.html)

Motopythons 07-22-2012 03:17 PM

Weekly Night Cruise

Hello boys and girls,

I'm hoping to gather a bunch of us to get a weekly night cruise going. This is designed for those (such as myself) who works afternoon/night shifts.

Obviously, we can change the time and locations/destinations depending on how many people are interested and where most of you are located. For now, check the info below and reply if you wish to change the time to accommodate your schedule.

Time: Every Thursday @ 11:30pm, leaving @12:00am
Destination: Porteau Cove Provincial Park via Marine drive with no stop until we hit the McDonald's on the way back, grab some ice cream and shit.
Pace: within your comfort zone, friendly no ego, overtake with caution, no dying please.

Everyone is welcome to join! Bring your Honda, Audi, bikes, tank, battle ship... just have fun.

european 07-22-2012 04:13 PM

Interesting....
Porteau Grove??? Do you mean Porteau COVE?!?!? In the Squamish Lillooet area?
So from 41 & Granville around the West End/UBC/Spanish Banks area via Marine, cut through downtown then back onto Marine through the North Vancouver and West Vancouver area and finally merge onto the Sea To Sky Highway until Porteau Cove Provincial Park?

jtrinh 07-22-2012 06:30 PM

Sounds fun. I'm usually down for a cruise.

Motopythons 07-22-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by european (Post 7982556)
Interesting....
Porteau Grove??? Do you mean Porteau COVE?!?!? In the Squamish Lillooet area?
So from 41 & Granville around the West End/UBC/Spanish Banks area via Marine, cut through downtown then back onto Marine through the North Vancouver and West Vancouver area and finally merge onto the Sea To Sky Highway until Porteau Cove Provincial Park?

Yes, exactly! NOT Lillioet! just the provincial park. Sorry for the confusion. S2S to Porteau Cove and back. Depends on everyone's pace, if some are slower, we'll just take a short/smoke break there and wait for the others and head back to McD at the big ass mall before lion's gate bridge.

hc529 07-22-2012 08:42 PM

I recommend mt letman! we had lots of those cruise last year! and it was a successful turn out! usually 8-15 cars show up for them!

BlueSedanRUS 07-23-2012 06:39 AM

ill come down,but you ave to decide where to exactly,and there is some oth:woot2:er people that dont want to spend shit loads of gas on 1 cruise.

EvoFire 07-23-2012 06:49 AM

I think I might be down, just not this week though.

Motopythons 07-23-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSedanRUS (Post 7983080)
ill come down,but you ave to decide where to exactly,and there is some oth:woot2:er people that dont want to spend shit loads of gas on 1 cruise.

Granville St & W 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC V6M 3C5, Canada to Porteau Cove Provincial Park, Squamish-Lillooet D, British Columbia, Canada - Google Maps

^This will be the route we'll be taking. If you guys don't feel like going into UBC, we can skip that part. We'll discuss it on Thursday night when everyone is here.

Thanks for joining!

Calbeee 07-24-2012 03:47 AM

thats cool. we actually have a local weekly audi/vw meet on thursday nights, so some might be interested in this. just not sure if everyone (me included) would be interested in the three hour cruise to and from

will let you know!

Prolowtone 07-24-2012 04:17 AM

Hmmm. ill be in for this sometime but I am sort of on a small budget right now as i picked up a third vehicle ;)

swfk 07-24-2012 08:07 AM

In as well, never really driven s2s. The week after I do would like to drive to Belcarra though. Drove there 2 nights ago in a storm because I couldn't sleep :alone: really nice road but it was a pretty bad storm at the time lol

Motopythons 07-24-2012 01:45 PM

Sounds good so far everybody, we'll change up the location and distance next time. Do a vote or something.

Thursday night is on rain or shine in case anyone's wondering. We're leaving 12:00 SHARP = no mercy. if you're late, don't try to catch up on the same route, cut to a short cut and wait for us. Should be easy enough to spot a bunch of cars cruising in the city.

daval 07-25-2012 12:14 PM

I wouldn't recommend that Esso station, there are always cops hiding there. Especially midnight time. I been in trouble before.

Motopythons 07-25-2012 01:28 PM

hard to inform everyone and change location at this point in time. Didn't expect so much interest from everyone.

Ok everyone, park at the shell station across the street if ESSO is packed. last thing we want is for the staff to start moaning at us.

We'll find another meeting spot next week. Thanks for all the interest!

phantom x 07-25-2012 07:23 PM

i would be so in for this , love cruising.. maybe we can do one up to cypress.. sweet spot about half way up , lots of parking.

westopher 07-26-2012 12:42 AM

Hmmm, I might be able to make this actually. Sounds fun, and nice to do something for us non 9-5 guys.

BlueSedanRUS 07-26-2012 01:47 PM

so is it today?

Motopythons 07-26-2012 04:30 PM

Yes, it's on tonight. See the route on post #8. See you guys there.

eoskolkov 07-26-2012 10:50 PM

Who's coming down we here?

swfk 07-26-2012 10:59 PM

Where is everyone =(

westopher 07-26-2012 11:36 PM

There were a few. I bounced out on cornwall, since it was right in front of my house, and I wasn't able to go the full way tonight anyway. Good times anyways. WTF was with the old man in the crown vic directing us like a cop?

swfk 07-27-2012 12:13 AM

VW bug! We're at Whytecliff Park!

phantom x 07-27-2012 12:48 AM

hahaha ,. sorry guy's ... i ended up turning around .. thought you guy's were going straight to porteau cove .. that old thing is alot of work to drive !!...friggen tired!!

eoskolkov 07-27-2012 01:34 AM

It was a pretty successful cruise I'd say. Se you guys tmw at Byrne and marine if any of you are coming. 7:30pm

swfk 07-27-2012 01:35 AM

I got pretty tired and went home after Whytecliff Park lol