REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

E60 help

I have currently purchased E60 535I and planning to drive back to Calgary. i need some advice here since i'm not familiar with Vancouver mechanic reputation.

I understand not much ppl put 3M stoneguard on the vehicle in BC due to different weather condition(Calgary have gravel and salt during winter time). Anyone can recommend a place who could do it within decent job with reasonable rate.

also, i understand the N54 engine have common HPFI issue. how often the engine have same issue come up after the recall is completed. Also, anything else i need to keep an eye out on the N54 engine?

thx in advance.
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Unfortunately, the N54 has a few issues.. I've seen turbos fail a few times on them, problems with the wastegates. High pressure fuel pumps have problems. Thermostat and water pump problems (both are electric). Yeah, not BMW's shining example of a good motor, but that being said, it doesn't mean yours is bad. Keeping up the maintenance will help keep the problems to a minimum. Use a high quality synthetic oil for the engine, like Motul.

As for the 3M stuff, can't really help you out there... I'm sure someone else can help you with that.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #3

Hi Grey. thx for your quick response.
what is the most common site to get info on the N54 engine? thx
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Hpfp is warrantied for 10 years now so you shouldn't worry about that.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
3M, go see n motion. i sent them all my cars to have the 3M clear bra done when i worked for bmw.

high pressure fuel pump, the biggest symptom is sluggishness, limp mode, vibration, and of course check engine light.

if the vehicle was made in canada, then warranty is valid. usually more warranty is valid, only maintenance isnt for cross boarder.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #6

thx for all the quick response.
anywhere in Van sell replica Mtech bodykit for E60 08 and up?

i tried to search last nite but not much place offer plus i think they mention about the PDC depth issue. not sure if it's worth to replace.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #7

TT