REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Where to Get Bi-Xenon Retrofit Kit Installed

Thinking of ordering a complete Morimoto Bi-Xenon kit for my Civic Si and I'm completely not confident in tackling the install project myself.

Where's a good shop in Van/Rich/Bby to have this installed?
Advertisement
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 1,878 Times in 993 Posts
Someone posted they had theirs done at N-Motion in Burnaby I believe.
I have a set for the wife's CRV but I've been too lazy to have it done. Guess I should do it soon.
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
Ive done a few sets of morimoto and they are pretty easy to do especially if you get a kit that's designed for your light bulb type. Pretty much just open it up, pull out all the light covers, bulb covers, customize whatever you want, install projectors then reseal.
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
KO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
Ive done a few sets of morimoto and they are pretty easy to do especially if you get a kit that's designed for your light bulb type. Pretty much just open it up, pull out all the light covers, bulb covers, customize whatever you want, install projectors then reseal.
Thanks, would the FX-R ones be much harder to install? I've read that their performance is much better than the Morimoto Mini H1s.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

I think those are harder cuz they aren't plug and play you have to custom mount them yourself, with custom brackets and bolts, that's the hard part cuz you have to get everything to line up. Also you have to cut/ drill your housing to make them fit. Where as the Minis are pretty much direct bolt on.

I think the FXR performace might be a bit better? I've seen comparison pics but I don't remember for exactly. However, they did come out with newer version of the Mini's which was improvement. + the ease of install and lots of shroud options so I still went with the minis.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
KO7

Thanks, I'll likely go with the Minis. Personal preference, but what's a nice clean looking Shroud? And are Halo rings too ricey for non-BMWs?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #7

the shroud is just personal preference, but if you black out like this, + get a shroud that allows light to pass through, you can put led/ ccfl inside the shroud and it would look pretty cool.

something like this?

+ lighting under shroud

Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^ Just wondering what shroud that is? it looks pretty amazing
dvdjels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

That looks to be the Gatling Gun shroud.

Last edited by dsmalls; 08-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
dsmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
R&R
I STILL don't get it

+1 on where to get retrofit
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmalls View Post
That looks to be the Gatling Gun shroud.
thanks! I will look into that when I get my retrofit
dvdjels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

google vantage canada. The guy's local. That's how I got mine done
jjson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #13

Check out dkcustoms.ca. Local as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Has anyone actually compare the prices of retrofitters here in vancouver and in the USA? I think it is still a bit cheaper in the US as compared to here...
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
I think those are harder cuz they aren't plug and play you have to custom mount them yourself, with custom brackets and bolts, that's the hard part cuz you have to get everything to line up. Also you have to cut/ drill your housing to make them fit. Where as the Minis are pretty much direct bolt on.

I think the FXR performace might be a bit better? I've seen comparison pics but I don't remember for exactly. However, they did come out with newer version of the Mini's which was improvement. + the ease of install and lots of shroud options so I still went with the minis.
Any projectors that uses OEM d2s bulbs would always be better imo! I'm also debating between the morimoto h1 projectors vs fxr 3.0 but i might just go with the fx-r and do it right first time I want to use the Osram CBI 5000k d2s bulbs but they are $200 a pair. They are a bit brighter than the philips 85122 and produce pure white light but its too expensive! If i do go with fx-r projectors retrofit on my car.. i would just get a philips 85122 from hidbulbzrus in ebay.. they are legit sellers of philips oem bulbs and they sell a pair of philips for like $70.. But a lot of people on Hidplanet are recommending the CBI Bulbs for d2s projectors.. would be nice to have but $200 for a pair of bulbs is just too expensive

What bulbs are you running on your h1? morimoto xb35 bulbs or just regular h1 hid bulbs?

I might have my retrofit done by Hid Illusionz in the states.. the labor rate is cheaper and he has a lot of experience when it comes to retrofitting Only problem is that you would need an extra set of headlights for the retrofit to be done in the US..

I believe Hid Illusionz charges $200 for labor for a mini h1 projector retrofit... I asked vantage canada and he charges $380 for mini h1 projector retrofit labor and another $120 labor for removing the headlight and reinstalling the headlight after the retrofit... so that's like $500 for labor only...
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
Has anyone actually compare the prices of retrofitters here in vancouver and in the USA? I think it is still a bit cheaper in the US as compared to here...
You could say that about almost anything when comparing our prices to prices across the border.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmalls View Post
You could say that about almost anything when comparing our prices to prices across the border.
You the owner of dk customs? Pretty good pricing for a mini h1 setup actually!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I also wanna get a retrofit done. I can buy all the parts needed. I just dont have the time anymore to complete

Advan_Japan (25-0-0)
Advan_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #19

I actually have a brand new pair of morimoto minis + shrouds right now if anyone one wants it, I ordered it for my old car but sold the car before I got the chance to put them in. Il double check which bulb it uses if anyone is interested
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #20

Quote:
I actually have a brand new pair of morimoto minis + shrouds right now if anyone one wants it, I ordered it for my old car but sold the car before I got the chance to put them in. Il double check which bulb it uses if anyone is interested
PM sent.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Subscribed. In for more info.

I've tried 2 sets for my car already and it'll be great if there's someone who can do it for me with reasonable price

Too lazy to go with 3rd set lol
Mkhun is online now   Reply With Quote