REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Speeding ticket in the US

Got my first speeding ticket in the states today on the I5....13 mph over the 60mph limit anyways its my fault and going to send in a US money order to them tomorrow. Just curious what happens next and will I have any problems at the border crossing going forward?...When I mail them the money, will they mail be back a receipt or any way to prove that I paid the ticket?...I want hard copy receipt so in the future if this comes up at the border I can prove/show the agent.

Cheers
Advertisement
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Not a mod

USCBP and CBSA dont enforce traffic violations. You should have no problems crossing the border. In the case you dont pay your fine, warrants may be issued at which point CBP can detain you if they run a crim check.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #3

cool..just out of curiousty when would a CBP run a crim check?....they won't be able to see the warrant/violation just by swiping my passport will they?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Not a mod

No. They will not see the traffic violation. A crim check would be run if your sent in for a secondary examination. Crim would show any outstanding warrants. Not all unpaid traffic violations would result in warrants being issued. Just understand that is an option the cops have down there. If you pay the fine, your good.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
When I got mine, I sent the cheque to the Bellingham court house and never heard anything again. I did however send a certified cheque and made sure I kept my copy from the bank just in case.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
Not a mod

thats a good idea. Keep some sort of record to show that you paid it. Id hate to be sitting in jail due to an administrative or clerical mistake. Ive seen it happen a couple of times
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #7

so i have to bring my copy of the bank draft each time I cross the border just incase ?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
bumping this thread for a friend

he recently got a a court hearing for being caught driving too fast but was issued no ticket. so what happens to him? just appear in court and plead guilty?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Not a mod

Need more info. How fast was he driving. Was there any reason there was no ticket? Is there more involved than him just speeding? There's a missing element in what your telling us.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
Need more info. How fast was he driving. Was there any reason there was no ticket? Is there more involved than him just speeding? There's a missing element in what your telling us.
Posted via RS Mobile
He told me the cop caught him doing 220 km/h (stupid, I know). I believe it was just speeding as he was in a rush to catch his flight out of Seattle but they handcuffed him and all that and eventually let him go.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Not a mod

So it looks like he was arrested and issued the equivalent of a promise to appear. Now he needs to figure out what he was arrested for. My guess is Reckless Driving otherwise they'd issue him a fine at the spot and move on. If it is multiple offenses, it will influence his admissibility to the US.

If the case is made for Reckless Driving (RCW: 46.61.500) its a gross misdemeanor punishable by fine and up to a year in jail.

If they decide on Exceeding speed limit evidence of reckless driving (RCW: 46.61.465). Misdemeanor offense punishable by fine.

He's needs a lawyer; not RS.