REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Can You Get Fine or Arrested For Middle Fingering Cop?

So I just had a cop troll me today while I was going to workout at the gym.
I'm sick and tired of all these renegade cops roaming around acting as if they're above the law... SICKENING!!! Yup go after the law biding citizen who don't commit bad crimes but lets the murderers, rapists, thiefs do as they please. All because they have to fill their monthly ticket quotas.

I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it. I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway. I could see if it was like 10-15km. And there were other people doing 20-25km above the limit and getting away scott free!

This is where its gets even more pathetic. Honestly this cop was obviously trolling me. He see's I have my N license and asks me why I don't have my N sign mounted. Proceeds to give me another ticket for not displaying N sign which screw me over for trying to get my full license.

And to top it all off the cop was the biggest douchebag. Gave me attitude and was the smugest prick ever. Probably would given me another ticket if my break light went out.

Wanted to give the cop a middle finger but didn't know if it was legal or not so I didn't. Would have if I knew I could. So pissed off.

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DISPUTING THESE TICKETS. COP PROBABLY WONT SHOW EITHER. GONNA FILE A COMPLAINT TO HIS POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Wish I had video cam in my vehicle...

This by far was the worst moment of my life. This cop makes all cops in BC look bad!!!!
Advertisement
Connor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
1990TSI, 1exotic, Aetios, akalic, Alatar, Anjew, AW607, AzNightmare, Bahhbeehhaaaa, bakasam, bensta, bigzz786786, bluejays, boostfever, Brad Fuel, Brianrietta, buddy, cho, Chronix, cococly, CorneringArtist, corollagtSr5, CP.AR, cressydrift, Devastator, dinosaur, dL, dlo, drunkrussian, DsZ24, dub.g, Eastwood, Eatman, El Bastardo, Energy, eurochevy, EX-R, exhil, Fafine, falcon, FerrariEnzo, Fi2e, fliptuner, FOB Mainlander, FRStan, fsy82, Gary Oak, gdoh, Gerbs, Glove, GLOW, Grim, Gtrr33, Gumby, highfive, hongy, hotjoint, Hyper_night, i-VTEC, ilvtofu, impulseX, Inaii, invader, J-Chow, jackal, jaguar604, Jassanova, Jayboogz, JesseBlue, k2_alpha, KingDeeCee, kwy, Levitron, lgman, LiquidTurbo, littledog, LSF22, LsquareD, marc0lishuz, Marioo1991, mb_, melloman, MelonBoy, Meowjin, Mercy, MG1, MindBomber, Mr.C, Mr.HappySilp, Mr.Money, MR_BIGGS, nabs, nack, nah, Nechako87, Nightwalker, ninjatune, Nlkko, Noir, Not really racist!, NSX, Obsideon, optiblue, pastarocket, PDKGD3, PMPJuiL, Porschedog, Preemo, Presto, Psykopathik, punkwax, quasi, ra604, RacePace, rawr, Renthal, RevYouUp, rexsomnii, RFlush, RRxtar, RS_Pat, ruthless, S1 S2, seakrait, SeedBNR, Senna4ever, Shorn, SiRV, SkinnyPupp, snowball, SolidPenguin, SoLiDus, sonick, SoulCrusher, Soundy, Spidey, spideyv2, Spoon, spoon.ek9, SpuGen, static, Stealthy, Sunfighter, Sw0op, tee-tea, tgill, tonyvu, TouringTeg, toyobaru, TRDood, ts14, TurboFC3S, twitchyzero, TypeRNammer, urrh, Vansterdam, vitaminG, Volvo-brickster, westopher, willystyle, yogenfruz, yray, Zoidberg, zulutango
Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
LOL

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Here you go kid...

Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Bad luck that's all I have to say for the 5KM above limit speeding part, but for not displaying N, that was your fault.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor91 View Post
So I just had a cop troll me today while I was going to workout at the gym.
I'm sick and tired of all these renegade cops roaming around acting as if they're above the law... SICKENING!!! Yup go after the law biding citizen who don't commit bad crimes but lets the murderers, rapists, thiefs do as they please. All because they have to fill their monthly ticket quotas.

I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it. I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway. I could see if it was like 10-15km. And there were other people doing 20-25km above the limit and getting away scott free!

This is where its gets even more pathetic. Honestly this cop was obviously trolling me. He see's I have my N license and asks me why I don't have my N sign mounted. Proceeds to give me another ticket for not displaying N sign which screw me over for trying to get my full license.

And to top it all off the cop was the biggest douchebag. Gave me attitude and was the smugest prick ever. Probably would given me another ticket if my break light went out.

Wanted to give the cop a middle finger but didn't know if it was legal or not so I didn't. Would have if I knew I could. So pissed off.

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DISPUTING THESE TICKETS. COP PROBABLY WONT SHOW EITHER. GONNA FILE A COMPLAINT TO HIS POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Wish I had video cam in my vehicle...

This by far was the worst moment of my life. This cop makes all cops in BC look bad!!!!
I don't think the cop was trolling you, rather you're trolling Revscene . File a complaint for what? You just admitted you didn't display your N sign and you admitted to going over the speed limit, even if only 5km, no such thing as a mandatory 5km leeway (maybe whoever told you that was trolling you), totally up to the discretion of the officer.

Seems to me you got 2 perfectly valid tickets, albeit sucks to get pinched for just 5km over as you say, but still perfectly valid ticketable offenses.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
never heard of people getting pulled over for going 5kph over speed limit so either you are downplaying it, drive like a douchebag, or have heatscore ricer mods

strong 1st post

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
lol... you broke the law and the cop caught you on it, suck it up
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,798 Times in 981 Posts
Even though it's within their right, cops don't usually give tickets for 5km over.. unless you were driving somewhat recklessly....
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

N sign violations will not impact you from getting your class 5. Speeding however will.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
IF you do indeed have proof of 5km over, you MIGHT be able to dispute it on the grounds that speedometer/radar isn't accurate to the point that you might be at the speed limit, but it's a long shot.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
This by far was the worst moment of my life
lol
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway.
This 1 sentence, granted you a

Edit: BTW, don't sign up on RS just to post crap. We have enough of it. kthxbye!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
aww getting tickets sucks indeed but i find officers usually let minor things slide if you're polite when speaking to them and not acting like a douche

when i had my N i had an officer give me an N magnet instead of ticketing me and he even put it on my car for me instead of having me get out and do it

you can't do much if the cop is in a bad mood but if you don't give them a bad attitude it helps
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
A judge in court will tell you if you were 1 km/hr over you are still over and ticket will stick and be valid.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it.
So your case is built around admission of guilt?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #19
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

How much was the fine for a 5km/h ticket?
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
you musta been playing this song weren't you op ?

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
dispute it and when you're infront of the judge, ask him or her if you can flip the cop off

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveth View Post
N sign violations will not impact you from getting your class 5. Speeding however will.
Yep!

OP like most said, it was bad luck for getting a ticket doing 5km/h over, but speeding is speeding no matter what, as for the N sign, usually cops give you a chance by saying "if you have an N sign, put it on now and i wont give you a ticket for it" why would you drive around with an N anyway? is it that hard to put an extra letter on your car? does it not look cool enough for you?

they changed the colour and size of the N to make it more visible and i think it looks way better now. but people like you still want to be rebels and when you get bitten you want to complain about getting served for breaking the laws of the road and then post your anger on a forum that gives no sympathy to law breakers.

when you do go to court for the dispute, and if the cop shows up and wants to still charge you, then plea guilty but ask for lesser fine and/or lesser point violation. in this case, you have a chance of leniency from the judge (MAYBE)

just keep those sticky tabs on the inside of the car and put the N sign now, just leave it on at all times, that way you wont forget.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Speaking of cops ticketing, who finds it fucking dangerous for cops to set up speed traps say at the beginning of knight street bridge? I've seen cops standing there when the sun was setting and they would just run out to stop the cars. It was hard to even see the person from far, what happens if they get ran over. Then I was thinking why the hell would you put an employee that you invested so much training in to do something so dangerous?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Hey guys, 1 post + new account just for this. Why are people falling for this obvious troll trap. Story is most likely fake to rustle your jimmies.
kuruuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #25
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
the police officer's job is to uphold the law and peace. there jobs are dangerous at all times. if anything, my argument is why aren't we paying these people enough? if they were paid WELL, wouldn't they love there job more? then wouldn't they be more polite to citizens? i mean hell starting is about 40 grand a year, up to a maximum of 60 a year unless you take the courses and tests for a higher rank. these days that is not enough if you have a wife and 2 kids with a mortgage.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: