REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Can You Get Fine or Arrested For Middle Fingering Cop? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671653-can-you-get-fine-arrested-middle-fingering-cop.html)

Connor91 07-31-2012 11:59 AM

Can You Get Fine or Arrested For Middle Fingering Cop?

So I just had a cop troll me today while I was going to workout at the gym.
I'm sick and tired of all these renegade cops roaming around acting as if they're above the law... SICKENING!!! Yup go after the law biding citizen who don't commit bad crimes but lets the murderers, rapists, thiefs do as they please. All because they have to fill their monthly ticket quotas.

I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it. I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway. I could see if it was like 10-15km. And there were other people doing 20-25km above the limit and getting away scott free!

This is where its gets even more pathetic. Honestly this cop was obviously trolling me. He see's I have my N license and asks me why I don't have my N sign mounted. Proceeds to give me another ticket for not displaying N sign which screw me over for trying to get my full license.

And to top it all off the cop was the biggest douchebag. Gave me attitude and was the smugest prick ever. Probably would given me another ticket if my break light went out.

Wanted to give the cop a middle finger but didn't know if it was legal or not so I didn't. Would have if I knew I could. So pissed off.

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DISPUTING THESE TICKETS. COP PROBABLY WONT SHOW EITHER. GONNA FILE A COMPLAINT TO HIS POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Wish I had video cam in my vehicle...

This by far was the worst moment of my life. This cop makes all cops in BC look bad!!!!

LsquareD 07-31-2012 12:02 PM

LOL

will068 07-31-2012 12:03 PM

Here you go kid...

i-VTEC 07-31-2012 12:04 PM

Bad luck that's all I have to say for the 5KM above limit speeding part, but for not displaying N, that was your fault.

Levitron 07-31-2012 12:07 PM

:troll:

Porschedog 07-31-2012 12:07 PM

:seriously:

7seven 07-31-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connor91 (Post 7990542)
So I just had a cop troll me today while I was going to workout at the gym.
I'm sick and tired of all these renegade cops roaming around acting as if they're above the law... SICKENING!!! Yup go after the law biding citizen who don't commit bad crimes but lets the murderers, rapists, thiefs do as they please. All because they have to fill their monthly ticket quotas.

I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it. I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway. I could see if it was like 10-15km. And there were other people doing 20-25km above the limit and getting away scott free!

This is where its gets even more pathetic. Honestly this cop was obviously trolling me. He see's I have my N license and asks me why I don't have my N sign mounted. Proceeds to give me another ticket for not displaying N sign which screw me over for trying to get my full license.

And to top it all off the cop was the biggest douchebag. Gave me attitude and was the smugest prick ever. Probably would given me another ticket if my break light went out.

Wanted to give the cop a middle finger but didn't know if it was legal or not so I didn't. Would have if I knew I could. So pissed off.

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DISPUTING THESE TICKETS. COP PROBABLY WONT SHOW EITHER. GONNA FILE A COMPLAINT TO HIS POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Wish I had video cam in my vehicle...

This by far was the worst moment of my life. This cop makes all cops in BC look bad!!!!

I don't think the cop was trolling you, rather you're trolling Revscene :facepalm:. File a complaint for what? You just admitted you didn't display your N sign and you admitted to going over the speed limit, even if only 5km, no such thing as a mandatory 5km leeway (maybe whoever told you that was trolling you), totally up to the discretion of the officer.

Seems to me you got 2 perfectly valid tickets, albeit sucks to get pinched for just 5km over as you say, but still perfectly valid ticketable offenses.

twitchyzero 07-31-2012 12:13 PM

never heard of people getting pulled over for going 5kph over speed limit so either you are downplaying it, drive like a douchebag, or have heatscore ricer mods

strong 1st post

:concentrate:

GLOW 07-31-2012 12:14 PM

:derp:
:inoutugh:

dlo 07-31-2012 12:14 PM

lol... you broke the law and the cop caught you on it, suck it up

freakshow 07-31-2012 12:15 PM

Even though it's within their right, cops don't usually give tickets for 5km over.. unless you were driving somewhat recklessly....

saveth 07-31-2012 12:15 PM

N sign violations will not impact you from getting your class 5. Speeding however will.

Redlines_Daily 07-31-2012 12:16 PM

IF you do indeed have proof of 5km over, you MIGHT be able to dispute it on the grounds that speedometer/radar isn't accurate to the point that you might be at the speed limit, but it's a long shot.

RacePace 07-31-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

This by far was the worst moment of my life
lol

melloman 07-31-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

I thought it was mandatory for cops to give 5km leeway.

This 1 sentence, granted you a :failed:

Edit: BTW, don't sign up on RS just to post crap. We have enough of it. :D kthxbye!

StylinRed 07-31-2012 12:28 PM

aww getting tickets sucks indeed but i find officers usually let minor things slide if you're polite when speaking to them and not acting like a douche

when i had my N i had an officer give me an N magnet instead of ticketing me and he even put it on my car for me instead of having me get out and do it

you can't do much if the cop is in a bad mood but if you don't give them a bad attitude it helps

Vale46Rossi 07-31-2012 12:30 PM

A judge in court will tell you if you were 1 km/hr over you are still over and ticket will stick and be valid.

Spoon 07-31-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

I got a speeding ticket for going 5km above the speedzone and yes I have proof for when I dispute it.

So your case is built around admission of guilt? :fullofwin:

DavidNguyen 07-31-2012 12:46 PM

How much was the fine for a 5km/h ticket?

XplicitLuder 07-31-2012 12:47 PM

you musta been playing this song weren't you op ?

:troll:

yray 07-31-2012 12:51 PM

dispute it and when you're infront of the judge, ask him or her if you can flip the cop off :troll:

bigzz786786 07-31-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saveth (Post 7990572)
N sign violations will not impact you from getting your class 5. Speeding however will.

Yep!

OP like most said, it was bad luck for getting a ticket doing 5km/h over, but speeding is speeding no matter what, as for the N sign, usually cops give you a chance by saying "if you have an N sign, put it on now and i wont give you a ticket for it" why would you drive around with an N anyway? is it that hard to put an extra letter on your car? does it not look cool enough for you?

they changed the colour and size of the N to make it more visible and i think it looks way better now. but people like you still want to be rebels and when you get bitten you want to complain about getting served for breaking the laws of the road and then post your anger on a forum that gives no sympathy to law breakers.

when you do go to court for the dispute, and if the cop shows up and wants to still charge you, then plea guilty but ask for lesser fine and/or lesser point violation. in this case, you have a chance of leniency from the judge (MAYBE)

just keep those sticky tabs on the inside of the car and put the N sign now, just leave it on at all times, that way you wont forget.

highfive 07-31-2012 01:05 PM

Speaking of cops ticketing, who finds it fucking dangerous for cops to set up speed traps say at the beginning of knight street bridge? I've seen cops standing there when the sun was setting and they would just run out to stop the cars. It was hard to even see the person from far, what happens if they get ran over. Then I was thinking why the hell would you put an employee that you invested so much training in to do something so dangerous? :fulloffuck:

kuruuze 07-31-2012 01:07 PM

Hey guys, 1 post + new account just for this. Why are people falling for this obvious troll trap. Story is most likely fake to rustle your jimmies.

bigzz786786 07-31-2012 01:14 PM

the police officer's job is to uphold the law and peace. there jobs are dangerous at all times. if anything, my argument is why aren't we paying these people enough? if they were paid WELL, wouldn't they love there job more? then wouldn't they be more polite to citizens? i mean hell starting is about 40 grand a year, up to a maximum of 60 a year unless you take the courses and tests for a higher rank. these days that is not enough if you have a wife and 2 kids with a mortgage.