REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #51
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I don't generally see a point in responding to certain types of posts, since you asked though...

People are not forced to purchase property in Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, Abbotsford and et cetera, because they are too poor to afford one in Vancouver. I have never met a person who lives east of the Fraser because they are unable to afford purchasing a home in Vancouver and are unwilling to rent. With very few exceptions, people live in east of the Fraser because they prefer the lifestyle here. 95% of the properties in the cities you've mentioned are also not a "couple acres," they are ordinary sub-divisions of varying degrees of affluence just like Burnaby, Richmond, and North Vancouver. A high speed rail network would interconnect the various cities within the Lower Mainland to a high degree of benefit for everyone, and with a much higher ridership than your clearly poorly informed ideas of "the boonies" lead you to believe.

Your ideas about transit are off on a very strange tangent. I've not seen a single person who agrees with you in the entire thread, only many rebuttals against your proposition followed by weak retorts. You should strengthen the foundation of the position you're talking if you expect anyone to take it seriously.
People from the suburbs come in here upset already that I don't think a skytrain should go to their neighborhood. They are already in mode. Doesn't seem like they're even bothering to read the posts, like in your case, Taipioca and I were replying to the guy who said that the suburbs were full of poor people. For the record I don't think people with 1/2 million dollar houses are poor.
Advertisement
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #52
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
People from the suburbs come in here upset already that I don't think a skytrain should go to their neighborhood. They are already in mode. Doesn't seem like they're even bothering to read the posts, like in your case, Taipioca and I were replying to the guy who said that the suburbs were full of poor people. For the record I don't think people with 1/2 million dollar houses are poor.
While there certainly may be people entering the thread in a mode, I'm not one of them, and I read every post in totality. I realize your post was in response to the first person who said all people in suburbs are poor, but the writing in your posts is not very clear and thus it is difficult to interpret your points.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #53
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
While there certainly may be people entering the thread in a mode, I'm not one of them, and I read every post in totality. I realize your post was in response to the first person who said all people in suburbs are poor, but the writing in your posts is not very clear and thus it is difficult to interpret your points.
Fair enough. Thanks for responding. I'll better organize my thought's next
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote