REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Breakfast.......

They say 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day'.....

But if it doesn't matter WHEN you eat, as long as your average daily caloric intake is the same, is breakfast really all that important?

I've heard of the 'jump-start' your metabolism, but isn't that kind of BS since your stomach is always digesting food (especially if your first meal is 2pm and last meal 12am)

Advertisement
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Eat, eat, eat if u wanna grow bigger
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

contrary to belief....someone who eats breakfast everyday is no diffrent from someone who doesnt eat breakfast...

but comparing someone who eats breakfast everyday and misses...will feel groggy compared to someone whom doesnt eat breakfst on the regular.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
IF thread in disguise is not well disguised
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Eat, eat, eat if u wanna grow bigger
No idea what you are talking about dude, you know one day you can be president if you wanted to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
contrary to belief....someone who eats breakfast everyday is no diffrent from someone who doesnt eat breakfast...

but comparing someone who eats breakfast everyday and misses...will feel groggy compared to someone whom doesnt eat breakfst on the regular.
I sort of figured, like if I skip breakfast and eat it later in the day, without increasing any of the sizes of any of my other meals, the only thing would be a bit of discomfort from being used to eating it.... I dont think it would affect my body in any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
IF thread in disguise is not well disguised
Probably some stupid meme I have never heard of, or maybe you just want to up your post count? Dunnoo
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #6

its revscene....we're not nutritionists.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Interment fasting.

Google it.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I need to Eat a protein massive breakfast because it makes my meds work better.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
20 threads down
/thread
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
its revscene....we're not nutritionists.
Was hoping this was the best section to get some good answers! Jesus I guess revscene is an entertainment forum now, and not an information site
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #11

sorry i assumed you were smart and trolling. turns out you're just a dickhead

google Intermittent Fasting. or read the shit SkinnyPupp posts somewhere
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
There is more then enouph info on rs
You have to look threw threads
the info In the sports thread is amazing
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
or read the shit SkinnyPupp posts somewhere

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Consult Skinnypupp, he's your guy...

And as RRxstar kinda pointed out in a sarcastic way, the question you are asking is indirectly tied with the concept of intermittent fasting, whereby you fast during certain intervals of the day, and eat within an 8 hour window or something.

In my opinion, having breakfast or not is really up to you, although i think that the IF method of dieting would be more beneficial to people trying to cut back on the weight than a hardgainer. Even though you may still be digesting food from the previous meal the night before, if you skip breakfast and proceed with the IF method of interval dieting, there is a huge gap that exists between your last meal the night before and your first meal of the day. Especially if you're the type of guy that likes to exercise in the morning, not everyone has the insulin sensitivity that is required to do that. I for one, cannot. IMO, a hardgainer would benefit most from feeding the body constantly with nutrients so that your body is always getting an influx of calories. And especially if you're going for a bulk, an 8 hour window seems a bit short imo, and you're going to really be eating alot and spiking your insulin with massive meals. But that's just my opinion. You can do whatever the fuck ya wanna do!

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #15

Since the topic has been brought up, I tried to ween into IF a few weeks ago by skipping breakfast 1 and 2 and eating 12pm-8pm. I got panic attacks that were making me frantically useless. And it scared my gf. You can ask anyone from my mom even when I was a kid, to my friends, and gf... they KNOW when RRxtar needs to eat and there's no way I can go 16 hours without eating. Dat der borderline Hypoglycemia maybe, but low blood sugar and me have never gone together.

Plus, Imo, if you're trying to take in any reasonable amount of carbs in a day, pumping that much sugar into you in a short window cannot be good for you. How does that not affect blood sugar and insulin?

IF is a cool concept and clearly works for some/lots of people. But it definitely isnt for everyone. Especially people with blood sugar sensitivity.

Last edited by RRxtar; 08-01-2012 at 08:27 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebTeggy View Post
Was hoping this was the best section to get some good answers! Jesus I guess revscene is an entertainment forum now, and not an information site
There's something known as using google and doing your own fucking research instead of expecting people to spoon feed it to you. Try being less stupid.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
There's something known as using google and doing your own fucking research instead of expecting people to spoon feed it to you. Try being less stupid.
^Why ask any questions? Shouldn't they all be in the amazing google database!

Last thing I want to do is end up on some chick's blog saying 'Omggg if you skip breakfast then your body goes into starvation mode! OMG!!!!'

Seriously?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #18

Considering I do endurance training about 3 times a week, I noticed that breakfast is key. However, i get different recommendations from different sources, and I don't know what to abide by.

Such as carbloading the night before a marathon/triathlon. That seems to be the popular pre-race perception. Now I am reading that your breakfast the day before should be the meal where you should be carbloading.

I noticed last week when I did Grouse, i ate half the breakfast i usually ate beforehand, and I was gassed a lot earlier than expected.

From an endurance point of view, I definitely would like to know what the perfect breakfast is....however, I think everyone here on RS have different goals and such.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #19

For me, I watched and logged my morning activities:

Whole grain bagel BLT - Lrg coffee : didnt feel groggy from 7am -1030am

A protein shake and a banana : didnt feel groggy until about 915ish... and got groggy/sleepy

2 muffins and a coffee: slight bump in energy and focus; dies off fairly quickly and fatigue quickly sets in.

A plate of pasta : no grogginess until lunch.

No breakfast/coffee: Unable to focus, stomach noises and fatigue.

This was with a full 6-7hrs of sleep on all days.

I eat breakfast everyday, as my body depends on carbs to fuel it through the morning to lunch; If I do not have this kickstarter, I seem to lack motivation for the entire day.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #20
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Never feel hunger
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Considering I do endurance training about 3 times a week, I noticed that breakfast is key. However, i get different recommendations from different sources, and I don't know what to abide by.

Such as carbloading the night before a marathon/triathlon. That seems to be the popular pre-race perception. Now I am reading that your breakfast the day before should be the meal where you should be carbloading.

I noticed last week when I did Grouse, i ate half the breakfast i usually ate beforehand, and I was gassed a lot earlier than expected.

From an endurance point of view, I definitely would like to know what the perfect breakfast is....however, I think everyone here on RS have different goals and such.
I'm on the same boat as you.

I haven't tried carbloading yet but only because I don't do triathlons or races

Like yourself, I find that breakfast is key to starting the day off. I'm still trying to figure out what the best meals are prior to a 2 to 4 hour (40-70km) road ride.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #22

For me, the perfect breakfast prior to a run, ride or grouse is a bowl of oatmeal, a slice of toast with nutella and an apple.

If anyone can correct my breakfast habit, i'll be happy to take it into consideration.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #23
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
man i thought this thread was going to be about people showing off the breakfast meals they make or good restaurants for breakfast

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
For me, the perfect breakfast prior to a run, ride or grouse is a bowl of oatmeal, a slice of toast with nutella and an apple.

If anyone can correct my breakfast habit, i'll be happy to take it into consideration.
This seems to work for me.

It's either a bowl of oatmeal with some dried fruits or a bowl of Vector cereal along with a slice of toast with peanut butter and a yogurt or apple.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
espresso, bacon and eggs!

watch this episode of the joe rogan experience with robb wolf.. he talks alot about the paleo diet and just general healthy living
its long but worth it

JRE #245 – Robb Wolf, Brian Redban « The Joe Rogan Experience
Renthal is offline   Reply With Quote