REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Do dealers care about online customer satisfaction surveys?

Have a question for all the people on here who work dealerships, do dealers really care about the online satisfaction surveys you fill out after purchasing a car or getting service done? Like do they actually look at them and read the comments or is it more of a average thing, like take a whole bunch of surveys and see what the averages is for each question?
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
What I read over on bimmerforums is that yes, it matters, and that part of the salary for the service manager depends on it.

I don't actually *know*, it's just what I read.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
They care alright. They are super anal about it too...

For example OpenRoad Toyota will beg you nonstop to give them 10/10....and if for any reason you cannot give them 10/10....they strongly advise you to call them and "discuss about it" before you fill it out.
They are willingly to negoiate with you something reasonable. Ie. next free oil change.... x % off your next maintenance....just to get that 10/10.

I think in the auto industry, anything under a 7/10 is a "fail" to the dealership.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Yup. Both ends of the service department get shit if they don't meet customer satisfaction index targets. You can have an absolutely flawless service performed with excellent customer service,only to have poor feedback if a picky customer didn't like the way you looked at them during the initial conversation. It's an exaggeration, but we've had incidents where we've had advisors get low ratings even if what they did seemed par for the course.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Its not just dealers. Any industry that sends out surveys do it for a reason. It could also affect the employees bonus's, job security, etc.

So don't be a cock and lie.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Yes dealers care about customer surveys big time! Some dealers get cash bonuses from the manufacturer if they consistently score high on their surveys.
accordpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #7

Interesting, I'm glad I do the surveys the dealers send out and leave meaningful comments.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Yes, we read every single one of them.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Richmond subaru sure cared about online feedback
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

At times the advisors get to see the reports and what the customers say. If anything negative or unsatisfying shows up, they usually call the customers back to see what went down or could have been better.

Did you leave any fancy comments on your survey?
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #11

Nope but I usually leave positive comments about the SA like for example "Mr. x was very helpful and kept me well informed on my car".
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

my experience is that the dealership only cares about the "manufacturer" survey scores....(e.g. BMW, Toyota Canada...)
if it is one of their own dealership survey, they don't care nearly as much
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

At the dealership I work at, the owner himself reads every single one.
Skittlez160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Those surveys mean the world to dealerships
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Richmond subaru sure cared about online feedback
don't you mean subaru canada cared about richmond subaru's online feedback

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #16

I found that its Acura Canada's new car survey was dumb ! I tried my best until I was at page 30 and shut it off.

Brian Jessel Autohaus also screwed up my simple tire change and failed to correct it. I mean, correcting a mistake may take them extra 30 minutes. But Everytime my car buddies ask me about BJ Autohaus, they will receive my strong words against them. Too bad BJ Autohaus doesn't send out surveys !
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
I found that its Acura Canada's new car survey was dumb ! I tried my best until I was at page 30 and shut it off.

Brian Jessel Autohaus also screwed up my simple tire change and failed to correct it. I mean, correcting a mistake may take them extra 30 minutes. But Everytime my car buddies ask me about BJ Autohaus, they will receive my strong words against them. Too bad BJ Autohaus doesn't send out surveys !
Have you talked to the Service Manager about this? A tire swap is fairly straight forward. If a mistake has been made on our part, I don't see why we wouldn't correct it for you.

You can PM me your name, contact info, and a summary of your concern. We will look into it and get back to you with hopefully a resolution.

Thank you.

Tim
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Have you talked to the Service Manager about this? A tire swap is fairly straight forward. If a mistake has been made on our part, I don't see why we wouldn't correct it for you.

You can PM me your name, contact info, and a summary of your concern. We will look into it and get back to you with hopefully a resolution.

Thank you.

Tim
Hi Tim, I know you might wanna try to rectify the problem. But I am fairly disappointed already. But anyways, I'll tell you my side of the story and you can check on your side and validate with both story.
I came in when jb autohaus first started business and wanted to take advantage of the tire swap special. I brought in a set of 19" iForged wheels with tires and a set of M3 stock 19" wheel. The guy at the front desk pointed me to unload my wheels directly into the workshop, and so I did. I waited an hour hoping that it would be completed with an hour or two. Two hours later, the guy told me that they ran out of balancing weight. So I went home instead. Later, they called me and told me that dismounting iForged wheels require reverse mounting technique which is gonna cost me the regular price $160. I said okay if that is the case.
I went back to pick up the wheels and found out that the center caps were missing. The front desk guy claimed that I never brought them in. Off he goes and found the tire guy in the shop. The tire guy swiftly grab them right under the metal shelving rail with two broken caps. I asked why are they broken? And they claimed that it was broken when I brought them in.
Down and behold, I went home and contacted bj autohaus the next day via email. Well, a very unhappy customer I am ever since.
I mean, I hate to bad mouth a shop and I know mistake happens, I don't really care about the money part but having an unsatisfied customer is the last thing the management team wants for their shop. I have been managing two financial firms and I am the person who handles complaints and feedbacks. I care more towards the client than my own staff.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
Hi Tim, I know you might wanna try to rectify the problem. But I am fairly disappointed already. But anyways, I'll tell you my side of the story and you can check on your side and validate with both story.
I came in when jb autohaus first started business and wanted to take advantage of the tire swap special. I brought in a set of 19" iForged wheels with tires and a set of M3 stock 19" wheel. The guy at the front desk pointed me to unload my wheels directly into the workshop, and so I did. I waited an hour hoping that it would be completed with an hour or two. Two hours later, the guy told me that they ran out of balancing weight. So I went home instead. Later, they called me and told me that dismounting iForged wheels require reverse mounting technique which is gonna cost me the regular price $160. I said okay if that is the case.
I went back to pick up the wheels and found out that the center caps were missing. The front desk guy claimed that I never brought them in. Off he goes and found the tire guy in the shop. The tire guy swiftly grab them right under the metal shelving rail with two broken caps. I asked why are they broken? And they claimed that it was broken when I brought them in.
Down and behold, I went home and contacted bj autohaus the next day via email. Well, a very unhappy customer I am ever since.
I mean, I hate to bad mouth a shop and I know mistake happens, I don't really care about the money part but having an unsatisfied customer is the last thing the management team wants for their shop. I have been managing two financial firms and I am the person who handles complaints and feedbacks. I care more towards the client than my own staff.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like a scenario that is avoidable or should have been rectified at the time after you expressed your concerns. We will review this with the management team. I may PM you for your contact info if it is needed to trace back to the Work Order. Either way, we will get back to you with a resolution or a proper explanation.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Tim
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like a scenario that is avoidable or should have been rectified at the time after you expressed your concerns. We will review this with the management team. I may PM you for your contact info if it is needed to trace back to the Work Order. Either way, we will get back to you with a resolution or a proper explanation.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Tim
Respect!
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
I never bothered to fill out my online survey, well....looks like I will now
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #22

I know that Mercedes is totally anal about these surveys, they use them to score their different dealerships/service centres. If the dealer doesn't get a perfect score they go through everything with a fine toothed comb to find out why and how to improve.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
it's all about the CSI. People get fired over that.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #24

Well I know I'll be taking the surveys that much more serious after reading the comments in this thread.