REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,864
Thanked 8,628 Times in 2,167 Posts
Do dealers care about online customer satisfaction surveys?

Have a question for all the people on here who work dealerships, do dealers really care about the online satisfaction surveys you fill out after purchasing a car or getting service done? Like do they actually look at them and read the comments or is it more of a average thing, like take a whole bunch of surveys and see what the averages is for each question?
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,355
Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
What I read over on bimmerforums is that yes, it matters, and that part of the salary for the service manager depends on it.

I don't actually *know*, it's just what I read.
__________________
Have an E38? Check out E38Registry.org!

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Sky_High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RevScene.net
Posts: 1,889
Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
They care alright. They are super anal about it too...

For example OpenRoad Toyota will beg you nonstop to give them 10/10....and if for any reason you cannot give them 10/10....they strongly advise you to call them and "discuss about it" before you fill it out.
They are willingly to negoiate with you something reasonable. Ie. next free oil change.... x % off your next maintenance....just to get that 10/10.

I think in the auto industry, anything under a 7/10 is a "fail" to the dealership.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
"Entertainment" mod.
 
CorneringArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 4,833
Thanked 3,142 Times in 952 Posts
Yup. Both ends of the service department get shit if they don't meet customer satisfaction index targets. You can have an absolutely flawless service performed with excellent customer service,only to have poor feedback if a picky customer didn't like the way you looked at them during the initial conversation. It's an exaggeration, but we've had incidents where we've had advisors get low ratings even if what they did seemed par for the course.
__________________
MX73->B3->MX83->AE92->BL3FW->5K(MkVI)->UCF11->JZX110->AXA54H
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,513
Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Its not just dealers. Any industry that sends out surveys do it for a reason. It could also affect the employees bonus's, job security, etc.

So don't be a cock and lie.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
accordpoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 198
Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
Yes dealers care about customer surveys big time! Some dealers get cash bonuses from the manufacturer if they consistently score high on their surveys.
accordpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,864
Thanked 8,628 Times in 2,167 Posts
Interesting, I'm glad I do the surveys the dealers send out and leave meaningful comments.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,108
Thanked 415 Times in 65 Posts
Yes, we read every single one of them.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,030 Posts
Richmond subaru sure cared about online feedback
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (YVR)
2005 BMW M5 (HKG)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (ADL) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
jaemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ricemond
Posts: 1,422
Thanked 679 Times in 179 Posts
At times the advisors get to see the reports and what the customers say. If anything negative or unsatisfying shows up, they usually call the customers back to see what went down or could have been better.

Did you leave any fancy comments on your survey?
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #11
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,864
Thanked 8,628 Times in 2,167 Posts
Nope but I usually leave positive comments about the SA like for example "Mr. x was very helpful and kept me well informed on my car".
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
I don't like cheese but I love milk!
 
Ferra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Van
Posts: 1,945
Thanked 871 Times in 232 Posts
my experience is that the dealership only cares about the "manufacturer" survey scores....(e.g. BMW, Toyota Canada...)
if it is one of their own dealership survey, they don't care nearly as much
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Skittlez160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,232
Thanked 146 Times in 44 Posts
At the dealership I work at, the owner himself reads every single one.
Skittlez160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
is best wrench
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,480
Thanked 1,081 Times in 267 Posts
Those surveys mean the world to dealerships
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,993
Thanked 4,865 Times in 1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Richmond subaru sure cared about online feedback
don't you mean subaru canada cared about richmond subaru's online feedback
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
BEEB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: bc
Posts: 1,402
Thanked 117 Times in 52 Posts
I found that its Acura Canada's new car survey was dumb ! I tried my best until I was at page 30 and shut it off.

Brian Jessel Autohaus also screwed up my simple tire change and failed to correct it. I mean, correcting a mistake may take them extra 30 minutes. But Everytime my car buddies ask me about BJ Autohaus, they will receive my strong words against them. Too bad BJ Autohaus doesn't send out surveys !
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,108
Thanked 415 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
I found that its Acura Canada's new car survey was dumb ! I tried my best until I was at page 30 and shut it off.

Brian Jessel Autohaus also screwed up my simple tire change and failed to correct it. I mean, correcting a mistake may take them extra 30 minutes. But Everytime my car buddies ask me about BJ Autohaus, they will receive my strong words against them. Too bad BJ Autohaus doesn't send out surveys !
Have you talked to the Service Manager about this? A tire swap is fairly straight forward. If a mistake has been made on our part, I don't see why we wouldn't correct it for you.

You can PM me your name, contact info, and a summary of your concern. We will look into it and get back to you with hopefully a resolution.

Thank you.

Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
BEEB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: bc
Posts: 1,402
Thanked 117 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Have you talked to the Service Manager about this? A tire swap is fairly straight forward. If a mistake has been made on our part, I don't see why we wouldn't correct it for you.

You can PM me your name, contact info, and a summary of your concern. We will look into it and get back to you with hopefully a resolution.

Thank you.

Tim
Hi Tim, I know you might wanna try to rectify the problem. But I am fairly disappointed already. But anyways, I'll tell you my side of the story and you can check on your side and validate with both story.
I came in when jb autohaus first started business and wanted to take advantage of the tire swap special. I brought in a set of 19" iForged wheels with tires and a set of M3 stock 19" wheel. The guy at the front desk pointed me to unload my wheels directly into the workshop, and so I did. I waited an hour hoping that it would be completed with an hour or two. Two hours later, the guy told me that they ran out of balancing weight. So I went home instead. Later, they called me and told me that dismounting iForged wheels require reverse mounting technique which is gonna cost me the regular price $160. I said okay if that is the case.
I went back to pick up the wheels and found out that the center caps were missing. The front desk guy claimed that I never brought them in. Off he goes and found the tire guy in the shop. The tire guy swiftly grab them right under the metal shelving rail with two broken caps. I asked why are they broken? And they claimed that it was broken when I brought them in.
Down and behold, I went home and contacted bj autohaus the next day via email. Well, a very unhappy customer I am ever since.
I mean, I hate to bad mouth a shop and I know mistake happens, I don't really care about the money part but having an unsatisfied customer is the last thing the management team wants for their shop. I have been managing two financial firms and I am the person who handles complaints and feedbacks. I care more towards the client than my own staff.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,108
Thanked 415 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
Hi Tim, I know you might wanna try to rectify the problem. But I am fairly disappointed already. But anyways, I'll tell you my side of the story and you can check on your side and validate with both story.
I came in when jb autohaus first started business and wanted to take advantage of the tire swap special. I brought in a set of 19" iForged wheels with tires and a set of M3 stock 19" wheel. The guy at the front desk pointed me to unload my wheels directly into the workshop, and so I did. I waited an hour hoping that it would be completed with an hour or two. Two hours later, the guy told me that they ran out of balancing weight. So I went home instead. Later, they called me and told me that dismounting iForged wheels require reverse mounting technique which is gonna cost me the regular price $160. I said okay if that is the case.
I went back to pick up the wheels and found out that the center caps were missing. The front desk guy claimed that I never brought them in. Off he goes and found the tire guy in the shop. The tire guy swiftly grab them right under the metal shelving rail with two broken caps. I asked why are they broken? And they claimed that it was broken when I brought them in.
Down and behold, I went home and contacted bj autohaus the next day via email. Well, a very unhappy customer I am ever since.
I mean, I hate to bad mouth a shop and I know mistake happens, I don't really care about the money part but having an unsatisfied customer is the last thing the management team wants for their shop. I have been managing two financial firms and I am the person who handles complaints and feedbacks. I care more towards the client than my own staff.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like a scenario that is avoidable or should have been rectified at the time after you expressed your concerns. We will review this with the management team. I may PM you for your contact info if it is needed to trace back to the Work Order. Either way, we will get back to you with a resolution or a proper explanation.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
dhari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,008
Thanked 526 Times in 185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like a scenario that is avoidable or should have been rectified at the time after you expressed your concerns. We will review this with the management team. I may PM you for your contact info if it is needed to trace back to the Work Order. Either way, we will get back to you with a resolution or a proper explanation.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Tim
Respect!
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
belaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
I never bothered to fill out my online survey, well....looks like I will now
__________________
★ ☆ ★ TOP LINER ★ ☆ ★
VARIS STI "GOODSMILE"
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #22
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
604STIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,414
Thanked 568 Times in 301 Posts
I know that Mercedes is totally anal about these surveys, they use them to score their different dealerships/service centres. If the dealer doesn't get a perfect score they go through everything with a fine toothed comb to find out why and how to improve.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3
 
?NR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Internet
Posts: 7,260
Thanked 1,023 Times in 444 Posts
it's all about the CSI. People get fired over that.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,864
Thanked 8,628 Times in 2,167 Posts
Well I know I'll be taking the surveys that much more serious after reading the comments in this thread.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net