REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Best ways to lodge a complaint about coworker?

What is the best way to lodge a complaint about a coworker with minimum repercussions?

I got some coworkers who are not performing up to par, but it isn't my department nor do I have the authority to make any changes.

the person in charge of my payroll has made errors on my pay 8/16 times. i did all the math for this person, calculating all my breaks, commission, payable hours, paid days, working days and totals of everything, but somehow this person will screw it all up when the statement comes out. our payroll is done in-house, so this data does not go through anyone else at all.

or.. another coworker with (about 2-3 years) higher seniority just being a total jackass, always talking to the people using condescending tones, pushing work onto others instead of doing it themselves, and slacks off looking at yvrdeals.com always trying to figure out where to go on vacation.

can anything be done? or should i just keep my mouth shut to avoid any office drama and bad politics?
Advertisement
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,766 Posts
Every job has those people, I just bear it and focus on my own work. Better to not be known as the office shit disturber. If you get that label, you're not going to have many friends at work, and you're going to have to be constantly watching your own back.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

When you send your calculations to Payroll via e-mail, CC the Payroll/HR Manager.

As for the slacker that's surfing online, his/her day will come. Just be patient

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Just find some excuse to not do his work when his ask. Or when he ask accept it but throw it out after. When he ask for it jut say you are too busy doing his work thus getting him in trouble since he didn't do his part.

To be honest it happens everywhere. I usually just ingore but if it gets on my nerve I do the same thing. Once there was this guy who is always 30 misn late at least. I learn to take my breaks 15mins after his shift is suppose to start. Since it is a call center so as the call log builds up coz he isn't there, not my prolbem. He got the hint and started showing up on time.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_dan View Post
the person in charge of my payroll has made errors on my pay 8/16 times. i did all the math for this person, calculating all my breaks, commission, payable hours, paid days, working days and totals of everything, but somehow this person will screw it all up when the statement comes out. our payroll is done in-house, so this data does not go through anyone else at all.
i find that 1 thing you don't do is fuck with someone's money. if you do, all bets are off. i would bring it up with your manager/boss (make sure you have your paperwork in order to prove it).

you're well within your right to be upset but stay professional when you bring it up. people have bills to pay and it's not right that you get short changed all the time like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Once there was this guy who is always 30 misn late at least. I learn to take my breaks 15mins after his shift is suppose to start. Since it is a call center so as the call log builds up coz he isn't there, not my prolbem. He got the hint and started showing up on time.
that made my day

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ sometimes doing little things as to what I do is the best way around. I didn't get mangement invole, didn't have to talk to the guy or anything just let him know I know he is always late and I am not going to bite my tounge. We all gorwn up adults so act like one.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
At all the places I've worked there has always been a few of these guys...

I wouldn't say anything unless it directly affects your work. Just leave it up to management, they will figure it out soon enough.

The payroll situation however, is inexcusable, I would have reported it after the first instance, even if management doesn't do anything about it the first time, at least its on record. Make sure you either email or write it to whoever, don't just talk about it on the phone, because you need a record that the situation was brought up.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote