REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lost IPhone 4 on Aug, 8th at Celebrities Nightclub (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671996-lost-iphone-4-aug-8th-celebrities-nightclub.html)

daval 08-08-2012 02:32 AM

Lost IPhone 4 on Aug, 8th at Celebrities Nightclub

Hi all,

My gf lost her Black 16GB IPhone 4 (locked to Fido) with a Pink/Blue case during clubbing at Celebrities. I logged in into her ICloud account and through GPS, I was able to find the location of her phone. What can I do to get the phone back? The phone means a lot to my girlfriend and she doesn't want to lose all her contacts and pics she took from NYC just 2 days ago.

Thanks all.

ilovebacon 08-08-2012 02:39 AM

i think its best to talk to the apple guys about this..?

smoothie. 08-08-2012 02:40 AM

can you send a remote message to the phone?

Vansterdam 08-08-2012 02:41 AM

Remote message and offer a reward is ur only hope

Buddy had a similar problem and cops dont do shit

That or go to the gps location and try and ask for it back

daval 08-08-2012 02:45 AM

sent remote message already, but obviously no reply.

daval 08-08-2012 02:52 AM

I want to confront whoever took it since i know exactly where he/she is. But i don't think that's a smart way to solve this problem.

Vansterdam 08-08-2012 02:52 AM

If you cant get the phone back you could report the IMEI serial of the phone as stolen with your provider so they cant reactivate it.

Might be worth a shot to send them a messge saying you will block the IMEI in a few days if the phone dosent get returned

MeowMeow 08-08-2012 03:13 AM

My girl friend was telling me how someone dropped her iPhone and it slid away (this was near the cubic stage area)
Hope you guys find it

Also I found a flower print clutch with blackberry in it (I didn't open the clutch, i held it wrong way and cell phone fell out) on that pathway thingy on the right side leading to the stage
I returned it to the bouncer right away and he gave it to coat check girls. Hope the owner picks that one up too.

SupraTTturbo2jz 08-08-2012 04:03 AM

u got their address, smash all their house windows if they dont give it back. give them hell if they give u hell.

xilley 08-08-2012 04:32 AM

guys, violent dont solve anything, didnt your mom teach you that when you were young? :troll:

Supafly 08-08-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz (Post 7997399)
u got their address, smash all their house windows if they dont give it back. give them hell if they give u hell.

I would actually put money on the line and bet that you would never have the balls to wreck someones house over a $200 phone.

If you were joking and trying to be funny; you're not funny.

murd0c 08-08-2012 07:03 AM

I would go to the person's location and ask nicely but saying I have the $100 reward to get it back. Just don't go in there all rude and like someone stole it since it's all your gf's fault in this case.

Hondaracer 08-08-2012 07:13 AM

A guy I know phoned the cops after a cabby stole his phone and he tracked the location, cops went there and got it back not sure who he called though

drunkrussian 08-08-2012 07:38 AM

if it tells u where they are and u want to confront them tell the police and they will help u

trollface 08-08-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7997445)
A guy I know phoned the cops after a cabby stole his phone and he tracked the location, cops went there and got it back not sure who he called though

I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but he may have called the cops.

Mr.HappySilp 08-08-2012 08:10 AM

not much you can do even if you find the location. What if the guy claims he bought it 2nd hand, are you going to smash his windwos over it?

Not much you can do maybe offer the guy $350 (don't be cheap) and let him know you really care about the pictures and contacts only and you are not there to call the cops or looks for the thieve.

Lesson learn always keep your person belongs with you. I never took my phone/wallet out unless I have to use it. Why give anyone a chance to steal something from you?

xilley 08-08-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollface (Post 7997457)

I see what you did there :troll:

Hurricane 08-08-2012 08:38 AM

Basically, your only option is to show up guns blazing.

Ram your car through the garage, pepper spray the first respondents, then steal all the gallon drums of ice cream from the freezer.

You won't be getting the phone back, so just steal shit worth the same price. If possible, steal shit to pay for another new york trip.

<OR>

Go to the door, identify yourself as Canadian Secret Service Operatives. Let them know there is a compromised cellphone on the premises. Ask them if they have ever been to Guantanamo...and the rest should be easy.

Mike Oxbig 08-08-2012 08:38 AM

Go confront him/her 7am in the morning with cops. Most likely they still live with their parents which will scare the shit out of them :lol:.

To do:
-roll up in front of the house 6:45am and call the cops
-7am cops show up, ring door bell

b0unce. [?] 08-08-2012 08:48 AM

find someone who looks like rick ross to help you

trollface 08-08-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7997501)
find someone who looks like rick ross to help you

Fat?

Hondaracer 08-08-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollface (Post 7997457)

I'm talking about the non-emergency line etc

I don't think dialing 911 over a lost phone would go over to well.

murd0c 08-08-2012 08:57 AM

Since it was lost at Celebrities why don't you find your biggest buddy put a dress on him and get him to knock on the persons front door asking for the cell back :troll:

Redlines_Daily 08-08-2012 09:50 AM

Confrontation with the police with you would be the best bet. If police don't go with you then definitely go yourself, or I'm sure some RS members would go with you. Try to be polite, if you go in demanding your phone back you may have a hard time. If they deny they have your phone..not much you can do. I hate to say this, but if my phone got stolen and I gps'd it to someone's house that refused to return it I would probably throw a rock through their window too.

Snugglez 08-08-2012 09:58 AM

I volunteered with one VPD officer and he told me this:

Go to the location and call the cops and tell them that you are going to get your phone back and there might be violence. They will have to come if there is violence involved.