REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The guys at peach arch getting into the states are the real cocksuckers, but as said, I choose to go there, so I guess I have to put up with their shit.
agreed those guys are pieces of shit to me each time. funny how the bellingham airport dudes are nice butthese guys are dicks
Advertisement
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

Here's my experience.

Peach Arch Border

My experience with the peace arch border patrol - homeland security has been pleasant thus far. You need to be able to present yourself in a pleasant and professional manner and address and answer their questions with honesty in a stern and serious tone.

If you are rolling up in a car that looks like something you don't own or afford, your sunglasses on, music pumped up, no eye contact and at least a half sincere greeting to border officer you're gonna get their cockbuster cocky attitude. Your first impression and your first words count and it's what the office will based his attitude towards you on.

Bellingham Airport - TSA
Guys are pretty friendly there, signs everywhere telling you what to do. Area is small but the service is quick and efficient. No complains.

Las Vegas Airport - TSA travelling back to Vancouver
Since it's Las Vegas obviously there will be a lot of traffic. I find that the TSA staff there does not know how to direct traffic. You have this long barricade area where everyone goes and it eventually snakes off to 6 separate lines but it takes forever to get to that area.

Staff there are generally pushy and has the attitude that they don't want to be fucking there.

Generally if you present yourself in a friendly, honest, serious and stern manner and leave the cocky attitude at the door and don't put up much resistance or try and argue every single thing you usually get the better attitude and service from the security staff.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
op i get the impression that u are quite young and this is one of your first trips to a big airport by yourself? the lil kid wih the sounds is pretty fucked up tho lol

ive had issues with rudeness every single time i fly, both with american and canadian agents. except in bellingham and utah. ive also never got anything remotely rude from international agents. im sorry but unless its a small town, its an american and canadian thing not a culture thing
Nope.. I may be young but i'm well seasoned with travelling. (but i guess that's partially true... haven't been in an american airport for quite a bit now)
To be honest I've probably spent more time on an airplane then you have taking a dump this year.
(depending on how long your dumps are of course...)
Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
the american officers in YVR are worst imo.
Compared to...?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Nope.. I may be young but i'm well seasoned with travelling. (but i guess that's partially true... haven't been in an american airport for quite a bit now)
To be honest I've probably spent more time on an airplane then you have taking a dump this year.
(depending on how long your dumps are of course...)
i bet u i take more dumps in a week than you have frequent traveller miles...i gets it in in the bathroom son
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
i bet u i take more dumps in a week than you have frequent traveller miles...i gets it in in the bathroom son
I can attest to this.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote: