REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Cruise up to whister for site seeing

I'm planning to go up to whistler for site seeing. This is my first time going up there and would like some tips on where to go and where to stop along sea-to-sky for some good pit-stop to site see.

Planning to do a day trip, sometime around 10am to whenever, and have dinner up at whistler.

Not planing to do the zip-lining and bungee jumps, mostly exploring, a bit of hiking and site seeing.

Thanks for tips RS

edit: a list of activities would be nice, if my friends and i decide to do something
Advertisement

Last edited by 3klipze; 08-15-2012 at 09:03 PM.
3klipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
peak to peak gondola! then go to the restaurant up top!

if you go early enough before you get to whistler climb the Chief!! so much fun and so rewarding at the end.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #3

Questions: Where should i park when i'm up at whistler? I heard there isn't a lot of parking. Is it paid? and whats the rates?

Planning to drop by basically all the waterfall/provincial parks for a small hike to see the waterfalls.

Not planning to do the chief on that day because it'll take too much time. Probably going to do it another day, thanks for suggestion.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

there is a lot of parking especially this time of year, however watch out for meters and free parking zones with time limits, the parking enforcement are narcs and they will watch you until you go over by 1 minute, then ticket you, whistler parking tickets r not cheap.

You can also find long term parking as well for the day however I can't remember where it is. Right when you get to whistler go to the information station, and get a map and talk to the people at the desk, they are very helpful and can show you where to park for long term and such. they will also inform you of the daily events that take place for that day if you ask them.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Make sure you do the peak to peak, it's kinda pricey but well worth it

Although if your scared of heights you'll probably die lol
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #6

anyone know where is a good provincial park or place to park at night to star gaze? Would like to chill with Gf and star gaze
3klipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Go just past whistler and stop at nairn falls just before pemberton. At the end of the path when you get to the observation area which will be on your left, keep walking ahead and just look right. You will find a gate that says no entry, danger, you will die etc. Take them seriously, but if you feel like it, hop it and climb up the hill AWAY from the waterfall. Up at the top of the hill there is a big wide open area where you can chill out at the top of the falls. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE EDGE, but there is tons of room up top with the most amazing view while still being safe. I believe it it CP Rail property, so technically you could get in shit, but its pretty much one of the most beautiful sights you will see in your life. Heres the sign.

Top of the falls

Heres looking down but it doesn't really do it justice

Heres the river before the falls
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

bumping this up

heading to whistler next week. Are the roads drivable this time of the year? Will i be okay with all seasons? or should i switch over to winters for the drive up
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Roads are fine, i just drove to and from Pemberton this Wednesday.