REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

The maybe official quick motorcycle question/news not worthy of a new thread, thread

Hello! bored as hell at work so i made the "The maybe official quick motorcycle question/news not worthy of a new thread, thread" otherwise known as the (T.M.O.Q.M.Q./N.N.W.O.A.N.T.,T.)

Sometimes we just wanna ask a dumb question or have a question with a really short answer. Maybe theres a cool new production motorcycle that came out, or maybe someone wants to brag about their place on the track last week.

My question is hypermotos!
I want one pretty damn bad they look pretty awesome. How off road are they? I saw a few videos on youtube and some guy said that slight dirt roads and stuff are for super motos, but what I was expecting was something that can go up and down stairs, grass hills, other cool off roadish stuff. What is the limit for off road on supermotos? is ducati's hypermoto just a supermoto with a fancy name? What makes a supermoto able to offroad vs a sportbike, is it just the suspension?
Advertisement
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ Google

1987 AE86
1999 Honda EK
2001 AP1 S2000
2009 Mitsubishi EVO IX
2009 Honda Ridgeline
2015 Subaru STi
2015 BMW F82 M4
Naka San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #3

Old 08-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil IX View Post

come on man... that's just childish lol

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
My question is hypermotos!
I want one pretty damn bad they look pretty awesome. How off road are they? I saw a few videos on youtube and some guy said that slight dirt roads and stuff are for super motos, but what I was expecting was something that can go up and down stairs, grass hills, other cool off roadish stuff. What is the limit for off road on supermotos? is ducati's hypermoto just a supermoto with a fancy name? What makes a supermoto able to offroad vs a sportbike, is it just the suspension?
supermotos are a friggin blast to ride. they're usually suzuki drz400s, yamaha yz450s or any of the husqvarna and ktm dirt bikes converted to street form. sticky road tires + some suspension work will turn it into the perfect hooligan's bike.

the hypermotard is basically a supermoto out of the box for the street. but even though it looks very similar it's actually a lot heavier than the converted japanese supermotos. the yammy weighs in at like 250lbs dry whereas the hypermotard is around 360lbs. it makes up for the weight by having a shit ton more power (twin vs single cylinder) but the general consensus is that the jap bikes are a lot more fun once you put in some effort and build the motor.

and supermotos can offroad because they have huge wheeles, long suspension travel and long, raised handlebars. the only thing you need to change when going from street to dirt, or vice versa, is the tires.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #6

^ so if you slapped on some off-road tires onto your Hypermotard and threw on a skid plate, would it be ready for some off-roading?
I guess it boils down to what the suspension is like. Your seat position and bar setup make it look reasonably apt for some off-road action
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #7

fuckin awesome! 2012 Isle TT

This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #9
Rider

where do you guys park DT? specifically by burrard and dunsmir. i work across from cactus club in bentall 2 and i just would like to know if anyone knows where i could park my bike during the day and possibly not have to pay =]
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
Rider

Rossi back on a Yamaha 2013 and 2014!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #11

You guys know any tow companies for motorcycles (price concious i suppose)? I need to get my bike from bayside to vancouver ducati! halp plz

Also BCAA premium membership is like 144, if tow costs more than that why wouldnt i just use the BCAA tow? thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
better version:

CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Doesn't bayside have a truck? They've picked up my buddies gsxr that wasnt running from his place before
kyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshi View Post
Doesn't bayside have a truck? They've picked up my buddies gsxr that wasnt running from his place before
Its alright, got in contact with the dealer im supose to bring it to and they said just ride it there until the warning light comes on then turn off the bike, let it cool for a bit then ride again after awhile LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Its alright, got in contact with the dealer im supose to bring it to and they said just ride it there until the warning light comes on then turn off the bike, let it cool for a bit then ride again after awhile LOL
That doesn't sound very appealing. Have you spoken with Kevin @ Bayside? He may drop it off for you in his van.

I haven't used this guy before but heard a lot of good things about him and reasonable rates: Motorcycle Transport & Rescue. Todd Smith 604-600-3569. Once again I have never used this service.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Now that I've been using my bike more through traffic, anyone notice cars always following up right on your ass if you're the second vehicle waiting? Pisses me off, what if for any reason something happens? He's going to run me over lol wait for the next light ffs. Or people trying to share the lane with me just because its a wider lane

What peeves you?
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
Now that I've been using my bike more through traffic, anyone notice cars always following up right on your ass if you're the second vehicle waiting? Pisses me off, what if for any reason something happens? He's going to run me over lol wait for the next light ffs. Or people trying to share the lane with me just because its a wider lane

What peeves you?
ditto, I felt like that too first season. So annoying, especially when its someone who's a neighbor on the same block as you.
kyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshi View Post
So annoying, especially when its someone who's a neighbor on the same block as you.
There's a lady who lives in my neighbourhood and takes the same route to work as I do in the mornings. I assume she's leaving late everyday because she's riiight on my tail as I'm going down a single lane road. I just happen to always get to the road before her lol
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
What peeves you?
I know filtering is illegal, but in intersections or heavy heavy traffic if the space is big enough i just do it anyways if its safe and very slow speeds. Peeves are those fuckers who try to block you, they cant even move forward their jimmies are so rustled that they need to make other peoples lives (put peoples lives in danger potentially) shittier. Only happened to me twice, once heavy traffic on w georgia, the second on bridgeport. Both times I pushed in their mirrors lol!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #20

jesus fucking christ, best stunting video ive seen. My balls look like little baby raisins compared to theirs

This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
Rider

Does anyone have a cell phone (or specifically an iPhone 4) mount that they use for their bike? If so, any recommendations?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #22
Rider

i sure hope my riding pants come in today god dam my legs are freezing
Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peazs View Post
Does anyone have a cell phone (or specifically an iPhone 4) mount that they use for their bike? If so, any recommendations?
I heard good things about RAM mount

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
Yea riding to BCIT at 545am is no walk in the park LOL, i gotta buy that heated jacket pretty soon its pretty bad.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
2 Wheel'd Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
Get some thermal underclothes. It makes a world of difference. Best thing is that it keeps you dry so you're comfy longer.
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
I heard good things about RAM mount

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Yea riding to BCIT at 545am is no walk in the park LOL, i gotta buy that heated jacket pretty soon its pretty bad.
I run a RAM mount for my Garmin GPS on my Ninja. Base bolts to the top of the brake reservoir cap.

Did you get your bike to towed/trailered?
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote