REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   The maybe official quick motorcycle question/news not worthy of a new thread, thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672728-maybe-official-quick-motorcycle-question-news-not-worthy-new-thread-thread.html)

z3german 08-22-2012 01:40 PM

The maybe official quick motorcycle question/news not worthy of a new thread, thread

Hello! bored as hell at work so i made the "The maybe official quick motorcycle question/news not worthy of a new thread, thread" otherwise known as the (T.M.O.Q.M.Q./N.N.W.O.A.N.T.,T.) :nyan:

Sometimes we just wanna ask a dumb question or have a question with a really short answer. Maybe theres a cool new production motorcycle that came out, or maybe someone wants to brag about their place on the track last week.

My question is hypermotos!
I want one pretty damn bad they look pretty awesome. How off road are they? I saw a few videos on youtube and some guy said that slight dirt roads and stuff are for super motos, but what I was expecting was something that can go up and down stairs, grass hills, other cool off roadish stuff. What is the limit for off road on supermotos? is ducati's hypermoto just a supermoto with a fancy name? What makes a supermoto able to offroad vs a sportbike, is it just the suspension?

Naka San 08-22-2012 03:23 PM

^ Google

:lawl:

z3german 08-22-2012 03:27 PM

:okay:

Raid3n 08-22-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil IX (Post 8010408)
^ Google

:lawl:

:rukidding:

come on man... that's just childish lol

CharlieH 08-24-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 8010320)
My question is hypermotos!
I want one pretty damn bad they look pretty awesome. How off road are they? I saw a few videos on youtube and some guy said that slight dirt roads and stuff are for super motos, but what I was expecting was something that can go up and down stairs, grass hills, other cool off roadish stuff. What is the limit for off road on supermotos? is ducati's hypermoto just a supermoto with a fancy name? What makes a supermoto able to offroad vs a sportbike, is it just the suspension?

supermotos are a friggin blast to ride. they're usually suzuki drz400s, yamaha yz450s or any of the husqvarna and ktm dirt bikes converted to street form. sticky road tires + some suspension work will turn it into the perfect hooligan's bike.

the hypermotard is basically a supermoto out of the box for the street. but even though it looks very similar it's actually a lot heavier than the converted japanese supermotos. the yammy weighs in at like 250lbs dry whereas the hypermotard is around 360lbs. it makes up for the weight by having a shit ton more power (twin vs single cylinder) but the general consensus is that the jap bikes are a lot more fun once you put in some effort and build the motor.

and supermotos can offroad because they have huge wheeles, long suspension travel and long, raised handlebars. the only thing you need to change when going from street to dirt, or vice versa, is the tires.

BillyBishop 08-25-2012 01:01 AM

^ so if you slapped on some off-road tires onto your Hypermotard and threw on a skid plate, would it be ready for some off-roading?
I guess it boils down to what the suspension is like. Your seat position and bar setup make it look reasonably apt for some off-road action

z3german 09-03-2012 07:59 PM

fuckin awesome! 2012 Isle TT

gdoh 09-03-2012 09:33 PM

gdoh 09-05-2012 05:36 AM

where do you guys park DT? specifically by burrard and dunsmir. i work across from cactus club in bentall 2 and i just would like to know if anyone knows where i could park my bike during the day and possibly not have to pay =]

dink 09-05-2012 07:32 AM

Rossi back on a Yamaha 2013 and 2014!

z3german 09-05-2012 09:16 AM

You guys know any tow companies for motorcycles (price concious i suppose)? I need to get my bike from bayside to vancouver ducati! halp plz

Also BCAA premium membership is like 144, if tow costs more than that why wouldnt i just use the BCAA tow? thanks

CharlieH 09-05-2012 09:17 AM

better version:

kyoshi 09-05-2012 12:50 PM

Doesn't bayside have a truck? They've picked up my buddies gsxr that wasnt running from his place before

z3german 09-05-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyoshi (Post 8021230)
Doesn't bayside have a truck? They've picked up my buddies gsxr that wasnt running from his place before

Its alright, got in contact with the dealer im supose to bring it to and they said just ride it there until the warning light comes on then turn off the bike, let it cool for a bit then ride again after awhile LOL

604STIG 09-05-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 8021251)
Its alright, got in contact with the dealer im supose to bring it to and they said just ride it there until the warning light comes on then turn off the bike, let it cool for a bit then ride again after awhile LOL

That doesn't sound very appealing. Have you spoken with Kevin @ Bayside? He may drop it off for you in his van.

I haven't used this guy before but heard a lot of good things about him and reasonable rates: Motorcycle Transport & Rescue. Todd Smith 604-600-3569. Once again I have never used this service.

dn53 09-05-2012 05:27 PM

Now that I've been using my bike more through traffic, anyone notice cars always following up right on your ass if you're the second vehicle waiting? Pisses me off, what if for any reason something happens? He's going to run me over lol wait for the next light ffs. Or people trying to share the lane with me just because its a wider lane

What peeves you?

kyoshi 09-05-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoo- (Post 8021439)
Now that I've been using my bike more through traffic, anyone notice cars always following up right on your ass if you're the second vehicle waiting? Pisses me off, what if for any reason something happens? He's going to run me over lol wait for the next light ffs. Or people trying to share the lane with me just because its a wider lane

What peeves you?

ditto, I felt like that too first season. So annoying, especially when its someone who's a neighbor on the same block as you.

BillyBishop 09-05-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyoshi (Post 8021711)
So annoying, especially when its someone who's a neighbor on the same block as you.

There's a lady who lives in my neighbourhood and takes the same route to work as I do in the mornings. I assume she's leaving late everyday because she's riiight on my tail as I'm going down a single lane road. I just happen to always get to the road before her lol

z3german 09-06-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoo- (Post 8021439)
What peeves you?

I know filtering is illegal, but in intersections or heavy heavy traffic if the space is big enough i just do it anyways if its safe and very slow speeds. Peeves are those fuckers who try to block you, they cant even move forward their jimmies are so rustled that they need to make other peoples lives (put peoples lives in danger potentially) shittier. Only happened to me twice, once heavy traffic on w georgia, the second on bridgeport. Both times I pushed in their mirrors lol!

z3german 09-09-2012 11:06 AM

jesus fucking christ, best stunting video ive seen. My balls look like little baby raisins compared to theirs

peazs 09-10-2012 05:21 PM

Does anyone have a cell phone (or specifically an iPhone 4) mount that they use for their bike? If so, any recommendations?

gdoh 09-11-2012 05:47 AM

i sure hope my riding pants come in today god dam my legs are freezing

z3german 09-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peazs (Post 8025732)
Does anyone have a cell phone (or specifically an iPhone 4) mount that they use for their bike? If so, any recommendations?

I heard good things about RAM mount

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8026199)

Yea riding to BCIT at 545am is no walk in the park LOL, i gotta buy that heated jacket pretty soon its pretty bad.

!oHenry 09-11-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8026199)

Get some thermal underclothes. It makes a world of difference. Best thing is that it keeps you dry so you're comfy longer.

marksport 09-11-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 8026631)
I heard good things about RAM mount

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Yea riding to BCIT at 545am is no walk in the park LOL, i gotta buy that heated jacket pretty soon its pretty bad.

I run a RAM mount for my Garmin GPS on my Ninja. Base bolts to the top of the brake reservoir cap.

Did you get your bike to towed/trailered?