REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 10-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #2576
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
any recommendations on motorcycle stands?
Venom motorcycle stands, affordable, best bang for your buck. Got mine from 2wheelproject on eBay.
Advertisement
DSHDSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #2577
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEch View Post
how does everyone keep their bikes secure other than the garage? GPS? locks?
Scorpion makes a GPS tracker but it costs $10/mo

other than that you have disc locks with alarms, but hearing a lot of things about false alarms and over sensitivity. If you go this route remember to put it on the rear wheel because its a lot more difficult to lift the bike and take the rear wheel off vs the front wheel

Bike covers along with the disk lock is probably going to be your best most frugal option. Just make it annoying for the thief to not bother and find a easier bike to take, better to do it asap than wait like I did. One day bike just might not be where you left it ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSHDSH View Post
Venom motorcycle stands, affordable, best bang for your buck. Got mine from 2wheelproject on eBay.
Damn, got excited to search them out. Then I realized that my bike was still stolen
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:20 AM   #2578
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
the disc lock i have doesn't fit on my rear disc unfortunately :c

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #2579
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
tonight was one of those drinking a beer while watching compilation after compilation of motorcycle accidents on youtube. this is what ive discovered

- 30% are distracted or not fully aware riders (rear ending cars etc)
- 30% are lowsides in corners, whether going in too hot, or wet road conditions
- 20% are people showing off, stunting, lane splitting etc
- 10% other drivers on the road actually causing accidents
- 10% russian videos, which means its unexplainable

that tallys up to ~90% preventable accidents
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #2580
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Watched this, an hour long but I thought it was pretty cool and its kinda like top gear :P

Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #2581

decided that since my bike is on the road now, and considering its 35 years old, i should have a small bag under the frame to hold some roadside-essencials. i was given a small bag that i can attach to the frame that tucks in nicely, so i whipped up a pack together. gonna wrap things in ziploc bags too just for more waterproofing

- lighter, ear plugs, blue nitrile gloves, hand warmers, eye glass cleaner (for visor)
- multi tool and plier style multi tool, zip ties, velcro ties, batteryless flash light,
- rear suspension tool (old coilover wrench that fits perfectly) and a set of 8/10mm, 12/13mm and 14/17mm combination spanners
- last but not least, a little pill container filled with some tylenol, caffeine pills and some tums

that can pretty much fix any bike break down, and with those tools i can do a complete tear down of my entire bike... no joke. only thing i didn't have room for is spare sunglasses and any bandages and stuff. but i can always throw some bandaids in a pocket in my riding jacket.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #2582

Picked up gopro hero 3+ black edition. Not sure how to mount it, or whether on the bike or on my helmet. Thoughts?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #2583
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Picked up gopro hero 3+ black edition. Not sure how to mount it, or whether on the bike or on my helmet. Thoughts?
I would avoid the helmet, last thing I want is the cops to be seizing the evidence.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #2584

Police cannot just seize a camera in evidence. They have to have a subpoena or warrant to obtain the evidence unless they feel it was a direct tool in the crime, such as a knife
Old 10-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #2585
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Try mounting it everywhere and you will end up with some pretty unique shots.
I mounted it on the headlight looking back and on the passenger peg with some decent results.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #2586
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
IMO helmet mounted gets boring fast, like matter said try mixing it up with a bunch of random spots, some will end up looking cool.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #2587

haha thanks guys for the suggestions. my helmet has a bunch of creases and shit so the sticky mounts dont have anywhere to grab on properly. then on my bike of course there are no fairings to suction or put a pad on so im kinda stuck. i think im gonna go spend crazy in a few weeks and order a bunch of mounts from amazon like handlebar, suction, and the clamps with bendy arms etc.

right now its just chillin on my desk.. oh well
Old 10-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #2588
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

passenger peg example:
Old 10-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #2589
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
haha thanks guys for the suggestions. my helmet has a bunch of creases and shit so the sticky mounts dont have anywhere to grab on properly. then on my bike of course there are no fairings to suction or put a pad on so im kinda stuck. i think im gonna go spend crazy in a few weeks and order a bunch of mounts from amazon like handlebar, suction, and the clamps with bendy arms etc.

right now its just chillin on my desk.. oh well
Don't bother with bendy mounts, the more joints you have between the mount and the camera the bouncier the footage will be. If you don't have anywhere for a stick on mount just use a bunch of zip ties if it's not gonna be permanent.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #2590
2 Wheelin' Mod

Somehow lost both bolts for the battery terminals on my bike..... its been a long day.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #2591
2-Wheelin' Mod

Jas ... pretty sure I have done the same...
Old 11-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #2592
2-Wheelin' Mod

Furious 7

PS ~ I AM EXCITED

Vin Diesel
Paul Walker
Dwayne Johnson
Michelle Rodriguez
Jordana Brewster
Tyrese Gibson
Ludacris
Lucas Black
Jason Statham
Kurt Russel
Ronda Rousey
Djimon Hounsou
Iggy Azalea
Tony Jaa
Shad Moss
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #2593
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
^ Watched the trailer for the 3rd or 4th time.... As you posted it watched it again thinking there were some crazy bikes =/
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #2594

Isn't this pretty much what everyone has been lusting for all these years?

A bike that makes a statement about form that follows function, with GP inspired fairings and minimized headlight housing.

Highly adjustable but not intrusive electronics package with championship winning ohlims/brembo combo. . . .

As a Honda fanboy I have to say, the other manufactures seem so disconnected in terms of what their consumers are asking for.

Yamaha is absolutely killing it with the new R1/R1M
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #2595
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
^^ looks good and all and has a lot of Moto GP tech but lets face it, 90% of the owners of the bike will not have the sufficient skills to ride it like how it is meant to be ridden.

IMO, these new 200+hp bikes are getting out of control and we're getting into a hp war between the manufacturers that are trying to one up each other.

The bikes might be the best yet but what's the point if you don't know how to ride it to its full potential?
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #2596
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexor View Post
^^ looks good and all and has a lot of Moto GP tech but lets face it, 90% of the owners of the bike will not have the sufficient skills to ride it like how it is meant to be ridden.

IMO, these new 200+hp bikes are getting out of control and we're getting into a hp war between the manufacturers that are trying to one up each other.

The bikes might be the best yet but what's the point if you don't know how to ride it to its full potential?

but if that's the case then we should all just get ninja250s. and even then most of us cant ride it to its full potential lol
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #2597
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

the r1 and h2 both remind me of the panigale
taeyoung92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #2598

I'm all for another war between manufactures after a stagnant market for the past few years.

Bring back the hp battle of the 2000's, or better yet, I hope they start one-upping each other on the electronics front so that the traditionally economical Japanese bikes can have a comparable ASC system that is currently in BMWs and maybe even quick-shifters as standard equipment. I think it will be equally important to improve electronics that lead to safer and more efficient power delivery as well as traction in slippery conditions. Competition will bring progress.

I hear a lot of the older crowd asking all the time, "why do you need ABS on your bike, why do you need traction control, do you think you're MM93 VR46? Back in the day, we call it -your wrist". I think that's bordering on ludditism.

Its like they believe that the electronics actually take away from a rider's skills that is normally nurtured through hundreds of hours of being on the road in all kinds of conditions.

Limiting the hp and electronic aids doesn't necessarily make it safer for an improving rider, when it allows the rider to concentrate on more important aspects like reading the intentions of other cars on the road and allowing the rider to quickly move into a more advantageous space or to stop as fast as possible without worrying about being leaned over or being on the limits of traction.

Sure, there will be people who buy 30g bikes to get coffee, who gives a fuck? Live and let die, my friend. If I want to keep improving as a rider and log my hours on the track and on the road, I want a bike that mirrors my ambition of what I want to achieve, and a bike like that is there when I want it.

Last edited by DSHDSH; 11-03-2014 at 09:37 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #2599
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone have experiences with these locks?

Abus Detecto 7000 RS1 Brake Disc Lock - Security - Accessories - - Canada's Motorcycle
Xena XX6 Disc Lock Alarm - Security - Accessories - - Canada's Motorcycle
http://www.amazon.ca/Kabrus-Lock-Mot...rhf_dp_p_img_6

Cant decide which one to buy. There arent that many videos on them. Dont want a lock that is overly sensitive and would trip over traffic or wind.
JayEch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #2600
2-Wheelin' Mod

I genuinely agree. "HP wars" breed innovation. Stagnation isn't good for the consumer and that ultimately isn't good for the financial viability of the industry. If consumers aren't interested they won't buy bikes, the manufacturer's will allocate less capital to R&D and then we are all sitting here complaining or (worse) we move onto another hobby/sport.

It's critical that the industry generate attention and exposure right now - and if this is how they do then we all benefit. None of us might need or want a 200-hp, superbike, but the technology and innovation within them will trickle down into their 600cc and 300cc bikes in short order.

I strongly believe that after an extended period of stagnation (triggered by the 2008 global economic crisis) the sportbike industry in particular needs this explosion of innovation in whatever form it takes to drive exposure and interest from a broader audience.

We all benefit.