REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 06-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #3101
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,869 Posts
Hehehe. Dkaz just pick up a cheap vfr 800 and run that for a few years. Crazy over engineered and can be had for $2500 all day long, and can do just about everything from tight single track to long touring road trips
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #3102
My homepage has been set to RS

got my amazon stands today. If anybody is looking for a pair of cheap stands front and back i would recommend these. The quality is so so but its sturdy and works just fine.

$69+ shipping from amazon

http://www.amazon.ca/Venom-Motorcycl...orcycle+stands

EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #3103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Yepp! Then gonna turn around, come back to squam and get sushi
Saw you and your GF roll past squamish 7-11 as I was getting gas.
Wanted to catch up to you to say hi thats why I kinda flew by you guys a little on the fast side lol.
your bike sounds pretty good btw
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #3104

I bought almost identical ones from holeshot, think they were maybe 89 or something. Still a good price for local
Old 06-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #3105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
I would never buy a bike from Holeshot.

The West Kelowna KTM dealer is about 15 minutes from my place. I'll check them out.

It's too bad the 390 Duke doesn't have 4 way hazard lights like the CB 300F/CBR 300R does. I think all bikes should have four way hazard lights.

And do they sell the 125 Duke in Canada??
Holeshit is a fucking a joke. Their salesman gave me the run around when I was haggling and keep asking when I am planning to buy.
Well I'll fucking buy when I am ready and when you guys stop jerking me around on the price.
I ended up going to Burnaby kawasaki and dealt with Trevor. No bull shit, he showed me the lowest he is willing to go on the bike and thats it, I rode it home the same day.
I had such a easy time dealing with BK we bought 4 brand new bikes from him last year between me, my brother and my friend.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #3106

also ealier this year I went there just to look around. I was checking out a used s1000r and a fz09 when one of the sales guy started talking to me. I mentioned the yellow looks good on the fz09 and I was planning to switch to a naked bike. Then he gave me his slick used car salesman pitch : "ohhh yeah, the yellow is absolutely beautiful, you should check it out in the sun and see it shine!!"
" I was like yeah yeah "
then he said " So when are you planning to buy?!?!?"
I got the fuck out of there
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM   #3107
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

If you tell them you're just looking, they'll just instantly ignore you anyway.

Quote:
Hehehe. Dkaz just pick up a cheap vfr 800 and run that for a few years. Crazy over engineered and can be had for $2500 all day long, and can do just about everything from tight single track to long touring road trips
Nice bike... but I need my incentive to save. Seriously, it pains me to not have a bike and it's only going to drive me to save for a house. I owe it to my wife and two kids.
DKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:37 PM   #3108
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Hey 320, was that GoPro on?

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:08 AM   #3109
Banned By Establishment

Heard the same thing about the poor service from Holeshot. Best to look and buy elsewhere.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
Hey 320, was that GoPro on?
No it fucked yo a bunch yesterday. The whole ride up to Squamish just lasted 1 second, as a few other vids did too. So I have no idea what the hell happened. And it blew through 3 batteries which should have lasted ~6 hours? So I'm a bit pissed at my gopro.

Why bother having it if it never fucking works
Old 06-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #3111
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmOne View Post
also ealier this year I went there just to look around. I was checking out a used s1000r and a fz09 when one of the sales guy started talking to me. I mentioned the yellow looks good on the fz09 and I was planning to switch to a naked bike. Then he gave me his slick used car salesman pitch : "ohhh yeah, the yellow is absolutely beautiful, you should check it out in the sun and see it shine!!"
" I was like yeah yeah "
then he said " So when are you planning to buy?!?!?"
I got the fuck out of there

Was it the white 2014 s1000r with no sport package or ddc? I saw their online listing - $14xxx for a used bike with no options... which was the same price as MSRP for a brand new one LOL
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #3112
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Holeshit is a fucking a joke. Their salesman gave me the run around when I was haggling and keep asking when I am planning to buy.
Well I'll fucking buy when I am ready and when you guys stop jerking me around on the price.
I ended up going to Burnaby kawasaki and dealt with Trevor. No bull shit, he showed me the lowest he is willing to go on the bike and thats it, I rode it home the same day.
I had such a easy time dealing with BK we bought 4 brand new bikes from him last year between me, my brother and my friend.
When it came to purchasing my bike from there I had a completely opposite experience. I was buying in January so it's a lot slower but I knew what I wanted to pay walking out the door and that's exactly what I paid. It was one of the easier purchases I ever made, in about an hour including negotiating and signing the papers bike was dropped off a week later at my door when the paper work arrived. It was right when the FZ-09's came out, I paid cash I have no idea if that's better or worse.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #3113
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,850 Times in 887 Posts
320i, were you heading northbound on Queensborough at about 6?
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #3114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
320i, were you heading northbound on Queensborough at about 6?
Today? Nopenot me. Didn't ride anywhere today
Old 06-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #3115

Thanked 3,850 Times in 887 Posts
oh, haha. saw neon green wheels on a black bike
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #3116
2-Wheelin' Mod

On Friday Supersport and myself rode to Whistler. The traffic was fantastic but it was windy and a little cool. However, about 20 minutes outside of Whistler we felt a sprinkle of rain. Our original plan was to head to Pemberton for lunch but as we entered Whistler a BLACK wall of clouds appeared and the temperature plunged in an instant so we decided to stop and eat there instead.

However - the moment we stopped a enormous wind storm started and it began hailing. The wind was lifting dirt, dust and debris, etc., and we were being pelted pretty hard by the hail. We decided to head back south to escape the storm and we managed to escape it about 10 minutes south of Whistler. We stopped in Squamish to eat but as we were getting ready to leave the storm had caught up to us and we got completely soaked. Once we were south of Squamish it dried up again.

Interesting day and it's a reminder that you can never take weather for granted on the coast and in the mountains. It was a fun adventure though. Gave me a reason to detail the bike when I got home.

Oh - and had my GoPro on my chin mount but failed to realize that at the 127 degree field of view that it would see only my dash. Doh! Should have locked in at 170 degrees. All the footage was wasted! Silly me!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #3117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
On Friday Supersport and myself rode to Whistler. The traffic was fantastic but it was windy and a little cool. However, about 20 minutes outside of Whistler we felt a sprinkle of rain. Our original plan was to head to Pemberton for lunch but as we entered Whistler a BLACK wall of clouds appeared and the temperature plunged in an instant so we decided to stop and eat there instead.

However - the moment we stopped a enormous wind storm started and it began hailing. The wind was lifting dirt, dust and debris, etc., and we were being pelted pretty hard by the hail. We decided to head back south to escape the storm and we managed to escape it about 10 minutes south of Whistler. We stopped in Squamish to eat but as we were getting ready to leave the storm had caught up to us and we got completely soaked. Once we were south of Squamish it dried up again.

Interesting day and it's a reminder that you can never take weather for granted on the coast and in the mountains. It was a fun adventure though. Gave me a reason to detail the bike when I got home.

Oh - and had my GoPro on my chin mount but failed to realize that at the 127 degree field of view that it would see only my dash. Doh! Should have locked in at 170 degrees. All the footage was wasted! Silly me!

What time was this? When banana and I were almost at Squamish we got rained on. And then my gf and I once in whistled (around 4:45-5pm) it started raining again, but it turned out really nice
Old 06-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #3118
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

anyone looking to a split a Sena SMH10 dual pack?

I have a friend who is looking for a single, just seeing if there is any interest here to split a dual pack. Shoot me a private message and i could hook you guys up together.

ride safe!
Old 06-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #3119
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
What time was this? When banana and I were almost at Squamish we got rained on. And then my gf and I once in whistled (around 4:45-5pm) it started raining again, but it turned out really nice
I encountered a very light drizzle just before Squamish exactly where we bumped into each other, lol. Some of the roads were wet as fuck.. looks like the big rainfall was about 30 mins ahead of me.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #3120
2-Wheelin' Mod

We left West Vancouver at about 930am and were probably heading back into the city in the early afternoon. Supersport and I are seniors so we do things as early as possible. In fact - 930am felt very late for us. lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #3121

I love being out right at sunrise to do a ride or drive. Nothing beats that crisp fresh morning air.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #3122
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
so at the bike show in january i picked up some soft sided bags that strap to the bike for $80. figured they would be good for when i do long road trips or bike camping or whatever. realized i never actually test fitted it on the bike so i tried it out. im super happy for the money. and they expand like crazy!

Untitled by 320iCar, on Flickr

once expanded, the inside pockets EASILY swallow my ultralight chair and self inflating pillow. the top of the bag also has 8 eyelets for strapping. so i can easily strap my tent, self inflating mat and i guess sleeping bag. those would be the only things that wouldn't fit inside either the panniers, huge tank bag or backpack.

oh, AND it came with waterproof covers! yeah for $80 im very happy

What brand are your bags?

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #3123

Result of road test:

1 point for follow distance.

And a traffic violation during a left turn in the final minutes of the road test = automatic fail.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #3124

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
nooo

You'll get it next time.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #3125
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
got my amazon stands today. If anybody is looking for a pair of cheap stands front and back i would recommend these. The quality is so so but its sturdy and works just fine.

$69+ shipping from amazon

http://www.amazon.ca/Venom-Motorcycl...orcycle+stands

and here's the link for the universal if your bike is like mine and can't get spools.

http://www.amazon.ca/Venom-Motorcycl...H84HS9PFDXP7PC

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote