REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Nice stylish bag? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672809-nice-stylish-bag.html)

dygital 08-24-2012 12:34 AM

Nice stylish bag?

I'm going to uni in a bit over a week and I need a school bag. I've had the generic roots one over the years ( bought 1 every year since they keep falling apart). Was wondering if any of you know of a nice stylish backpack I can buy? Can be two strap or a messenger, doesn't really matter. Just has to fit my 15 inch rMbp.
I quite like
Superdry Classic Tarp Backpack - Men's Bags
and
Superdry Tarpaulin Laptop Bag - Men's Bags
but I really like superdry...
budget is roughly $100 ish?

Ulic Qel-Droma 08-24-2012 01:03 AM

uh the two you posted are within your price range and you already mentioned you liked them.

Sir_Loin 08-24-2012 01:20 AM

Tip for freshmen going to college - Do not wait infront of the class before it actually starts. Not only does it create congestion for other students trying to get to their classes, but it also slows down the students who just ended their class and want to leave.

dygital 08-24-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8011698)
uh the two you posted are within your price range and you already mentioned you liked them.

well they are on the higher side + shipping and iunno haha just wanted some more opinions:)

J89 08-24-2012 10:31 AM

It's just a bag man go out look at some, personally the first one looks pretty aite.
Kinda honger tho but ya lol

unit 08-24-2012 10:39 AM

since you're asking for an opinion i think they're both pretty tacky with their huge logos

Energy 08-24-2012 10:40 AM

A Herschel backpack?

I used a MEC backpack throughout undergrad and will probably continue using it for grad school. They're built really well and are pretty sturdy. Not that stylish though.

Energy 08-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8011920)
since you're asking for an opinion i think they're both pretty tacky with their huge logos

+1

dygital 08-24-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8011921)
A Herschel backpack?

I used a MEC backpack throughout undergrad and will probably continue using it for grad school. They're built really well and are pretty sturdy. Not that stylish though.

I don't really like the looks of the Herschel bags but thanks, I'll take a look at MEC
now if only I can find the membership card...

Mr.HappySilp 08-24-2012 02:51 PM

which school going to? If it is BCIT I suggest a backpack like Dakine Backbag. You will be carrying a lot of books in that bag so you need something that's big and comfy to use.

Purely 08-24-2012 03:04 PM

+1 for Dakine bags. Not really stylish, but durable for sure.

BossFrancis 08-24-2012 03:13 PM

Just to let you know if you don't know, if you order from the SuperDry website you'll get charged with ridiculous customs etc because shipped by DHL. It's approx half of the value of your items. I don't really like backpacks I like the duffel bag look: Buy Tarp Large Rucksacl Kitbag Men's Accessories from Superdry. Find Superdry fashions & more at DrJays.com

Energy 08-24-2012 03:16 PM

Duffle bags/messenger bags are nice if you only have to carry a binder or a laptop. Once you start carrying books and larger items across the UBC campus you'll regret it. It's really bad for your back and shoulders.

c3m 08-24-2012 04:02 PM

If you only carry your rMBP and a clipboard with some paper then any bag would work.
I would suggesting looking anything that is water resistant and can take a beating.

Try timbuk2. It is a bit more than your price range but yeah.
Timbuk2 Bags

dygital 08-25-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8012102)
which school going to? If it is BCIT I suggest a backpack like Dakine Backbag. You will be carrying a lot of books in that bag so you need something that's big and comfy to use.

I'm going to UBC. Do you know any place that has the Dakine bags so I can take a real look at them?
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossFrancis (Post 8012122)
Just to let you know if you don't know, if you order from the SuperDry website you'll get charged with ridiculous customs etc because shipped by DHL. It's approx half of the value of your items. I don't really like backpacks I like the duffel bag look: Buy Tarp Large Rucksacl Kitbag Men's Accessories from Superdry. Find Superdry fashions & more at DrJays.com

Yeah I know, Got $23 duty on my superdry jacket :okay: but still saved $ on it vs getting it from like below the belt. Not really into carrying duffel bags since but thanks for the suggestion !

BossFrancis 08-25-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dygital (Post 8012539)
I'm going to UBC. Do you know any place that has the Dakine bags so I can take a real look at them?

Yeah I know, Got $23 duty on my superdry jacket :okay: but still saved $ on it vs getting it from like below the belt. Not really into carrying duffel bags since but thanks for the suggestion !

Uhmm stores like SpotCheck and SportMart(lol shittier version) has them. That's the only ones I knew of at least.

StylinRed 08-25-2012 10:33 AM

its university no1 cares about being stylish except freshmen and you won't very quickly

heck you could lug around a garbage bag with your books and no1 would notice ;)

with regard to the bags you posted they seem great for high school a little much for uni if you go with either of them go with the all black

Matlock 08-25-2012 10:41 AM

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/913/3...355913_694.jpg
This one.

aikenluu918 08-25-2012 12:53 PM

I use a northface one, that i got as a gift. pretty good and great warranty. I went to the northface store after one of my zippers broke and they gave me a new one. very roomy.

Marco911 08-28-2012 08:29 PM

Don't carry a bag that every other drone at UBC has.

Better Outdoor Clothes | Better Outdoor Gear | Better Outdoor Clothing | Filson

CharlieH 08-29-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8011920)

lol dammit i thought the backpack looked pretty snazzy :okay:

StylinRed 08-29-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8015377)

nothing like looking like a 90yr old going on a fishing trip

rsx 08-29-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8015377)

Those are actually pretty sweet bags.

Mochiko 08-29-2012 09:29 AM

I really like the Lululemon backpacks the wet coast pack | men's bags | lululemon athletica. I got mine as a gift two years ago and it's definitely the most durable backpack I've ever used.

Armind 08-29-2012 09:35 AM

Looking for a nice brown leather bag for my laptop/work.

Dark brownish colour that goes well with business casual attire.

Preferably something that hides all the branding. Simple clean nice design is what i'm looking for.

Something familiar to Mike Ross from SUITS is sick.
Suggestions?