REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Anyone used PODS?

Anyone here used PODS? Any thoughts on their quality/service/pricing? How about similar outfits like Big Steel Box?

We're looking to get one here, pack a bunch of stuff to make room to redo the floors, then within a month of two list the place for sale and pack the rest of our stuff into the bin to move.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,452 Times in 146 Posts
my sister and her husband have rented one out for a few months now while they decide if they want to live in Vancouver in the east.
They searched around for a while and i guess they found them to be the best all around for quality/pricing and security of there goods which is an important factor to keep in mind. though if you plan to move far like they may it will be expensive. (They were quoted around $7k to have there pod moved to Montreal via train.)

Let me know and i can get more detailed info if you want.
jepho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

I know this is only a month late, but we used PODS (still using them for storage for the next month) to move from Surrey to Edmonton. About 2.5k to go by truck, first month's storage free. Have had 6 months extra storage with them at about $280/month. Not the cheapest, but we thought it would be easier than renting a u-haul and then moving everything to a storage locker.

First of all, no ramp to go up or down. That's a blessing on its own. We ended up with a 16 foot container and it was plenty big for a 2 bedroom appartment (800 square feet). We filled it up. Delivered to Edmonton, checked on it, nothing broken.

If you're going to keep stuff in storage, it's easy access to your pod. Just need to give them 24 hours notice, I think, for them to bring it out into their parking lot.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote