REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #251
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
how is that shady? if there is a 2 hour limit than obey by it lol, he's technically doing his job.. and if someone parks at the wrong store to go to another, of course you will get ticketed
Advertisement
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #252
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

To avoid DPS and the BS rules when going to Sushi Garden, I park on the sidestreet and pay $1 or 2.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #253
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,830 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Wife got a DPS ticket at toysRus broadway....i flat out ignored it. got a reminder and some 'legal' b.s. letter...been over 2 months now and nothing, not even a phone call yet.

IGNORE THEIR TICKETS BUT DO NOT PARK AGAIN AT THE SAME LOT.
why did you get a ticket? i thought TRU reimburses you when you buy something there

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #254
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
Just a heads up for people who goes to sushi garden and staples on lougheed, diamond parking is now finding new ways to ticket people.

Before at the parking lot in the front on staples and sushi garden they would wait and see if you park at staples and go to sushi garden then ticket you for parking at the wrong spot.

But now that people are parking upstairs, they are marking people's tires as soon as they leave the car and as soon as the 2 hr limit is up they ticket people.

My friends and I went to sushi garden parked upstairs and had dinner, (and you guys know that sometimes you have to wait at sushi garden) got back and car was ticketed. check the ticket we were over the 2 hr limit by 5 mins. We checked when the car was marked and it was right after the left the car, and we can see the parking ticket guy sitting in his corolla waiting for people to leave and mark their tire right the way. Which is BS, this diamond parking company has some very sketchy business ethics, if we can even call it a business at all.
thanks for the heads up... i go to that churches chicken a lot and i park on staples lots sometimes, so this is good to know. but there isnt anything wrong with doing that since you are on a private lot managed by them with the rules in place.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #255
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Wife got a DPS ticket at toysRus broadway....i flat out ignored it. got a reminder and some 'legal' b.s. letter...been over 2 months now and nothing, not even a phone call yet.

IGNORE THEIR TICKETS BUT DO NOT PARK AGAIN AT THE SAME LOT.
by "legal" do you mean a the "notice of recommendation to file suit" ?
Chun~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #256
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
why did you get a ticket? i thought TRU reimburses you when you buy something there
well... i'm pretty sure the wife messed up and didnt bother buying a ticket at all...i mean come on, women cant drive already, let alone buy a ticket from a dispenser.

all i know is she came home complaining.. i saw 'DPS' on the ticket and told her to 'chill out... and forget about it'.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #257
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chun~ View Post
by "legal" do you mean a the "notice of recommendation to file suit" ?
yes. some 'official' looking letter that had the fancy legal words like attorney and stuff.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #258
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
parked at the saba road BMO to use the ATM earlier tonight, walked back to my car 5 minutes after i get a ticket saying "no valid ticket displayed. ATM area checked." i got fcking mad as shit WTF SON the signage says BMO customers free 30 minutes

although i didn't print my receipt after withdrawing (though i wish i had this time), i can get documentation from BMO stating i withdrew cash at that ATM on XXX time, signed by the bank employees... these fuckers better void the ticket
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #259
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
^dps has a sign on the wall on each spot. IT say pay parking after 6 pm. It does not matter bmo customer or visitors. shady, huh? when you see a old corolla or black Acura legend in that lot, you need to be attention.
Posted via RS Mobile
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #260

^^

thats what i was thinking too. However on my ticket, they say " ATM area checked ", which means they care whether or not you are using the ATM
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #261

i pulled out all the documents confirming i was using the ATM at the alleged time frame, was also gonna pull out the security tapes too and shove it down their throat

then i realized i knew a manager at that branch so i called him up and he helped me take care of it.

but still jesus christ i'm so fucking choked, those ticketers are like fucking hounds

wanting to bait one of them out and then egg him down
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #262
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
i pulled out all the documents confirming i was using the ATM at the alleged time frame, was also gonna pull out the security tapes too and shove it down their throat

then i realized i knew a manager at that branch so i called him up and he helped me take care of it.

but still jesus christ i'm so fucking choked, those ticketers are like fucking hounds

wanting to bait one of them out and then egg him down
that's terrible. they're probably just filling quota for their shitty graveyard shift. since most banks run their system on EST, i bet DPS would try to BS you..."no it says here you were at the ATM 3 hours later, but you illegally parked 3 hours earlier"

entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #263
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Diamond parking and impark can suck both my nuts and the shaft
Posted via RS Mobile
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #264
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,254 Posts
rs meet at bmo after 10

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #265
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
they must camp out in their cars waiting to ticket people. those bastards
Posted via RS Mobile
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
that's terrible. they're probably just filling quota for their shitty graveyard shift. since most banks run their system on EST, i bet DPS would try to BS you..."no it says here you were at the ATM 3 hours later, but you illegally parked 3 hours earlier"

yah... thats why i also had a signed document saying blahbalbhal time was eastern time etc
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #267
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santofu View Post
If you see the guy standing in the corner of Staples... That's him watching and giving out parking tickets... No uniform though.
next time you see that guy, you fucking shot gun a drink at him/her
kkthind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #268
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Do what they do on Parking Wars. When they see the parking enforcement person write a ticket, they just grab it and rip it up in their face.
you can always just grab their machine and run away with it, or smash it in front of them
kkthind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #269
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
yes. some 'official' looking letter that had the fancy legal words like attorney and stuff.
Was it from Wiggins? Literally lol'd when I got that. Attorney to take me to court for $87 on a reasonably ambiguous and dubious violation (no signs, no meters, just a shady private lot I used for an hour). So stupid and pointless.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #270
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
you just ignore it.

they don't do shit.

it cost $150 alone just to file a civil action against you lol they'd lose money + time unless it was for a very large amount.
I hate to bring up this thread but I'm curious about this statement. You guys say to ignore the ticket since it's only 150. But doesn't the ticket price hike up and eventually hit large digits like $1000 like one of the members mentioned in one of these pages or another. Wouldn't they be able to sue you for the $1000+ dollars?
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #271
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapman View Post
I hate to bring up this thread but I'm curious about this statement. You guys say to ignore the ticket since it's only 150. But doesn't the ticket price hike up and eventually hit large digits like $1000 like one of the members mentioned in one of these pages or another. Wouldn't they be able to sue you for the $1000+ dollars?
The price doesn't go up.

I've still got tickets from when I was going to Capilano University back in '01 that I haven't paid. They stopped calling after a few weeks of ignoring them. lol

I recently got a letter in the mail from Impark telling me I got a ticket for nonpayment while parking at the Kelowna stadium. Funny enough, I was at work in Langley during that exact time. I emailed them proof of my timestamp punches and they still told me they wouldn't rip up the ticket. Told 'em if they wanted to pursue it, I'll be contacting my family lawyer and filing a charge of harassment and extortion. Funny enough, I haven't heard from 'em since.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #272

oh I see, so that's how it is. Not sure where I heard people's tickets increasing in price as they didn't pay for more than 5 years. Thanks for the clarifications Lomac.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #273
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
The price doesn't go up.

I've still got tickets from when I was going to Capilano University back in '01 that I haven't paid. They stopped calling after a few weeks of ignoring them. lol

I recently got a letter in the mail from Impark telling me I got a ticket for nonpayment while parking at the Kelowna stadium. Funny enough, I was at work in Langley during that exact time. I emailed them proof of my timestamp punches and they still told me they wouldn't rip up the ticket. Told 'em if they wanted to pursue it, I'll be contacting my family lawyer and filing a charge of harassment and extortion. Funny enough, I haven't heard from 'em since.

should've asked them for picture proof.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #274

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
49th Parallel cafe.
Customers complained to the cafe owner re: DPS tickets.
Owner went out to the lot and asked DPS ticketeer "why are you ruining my business by pissing off my customers?"
DPS calmed down a bit with the zealous ticketing.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #275
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
fuck DPS and Impark. if you're really scared, changing your plates would be cheaper and hassle free than dealing with those numb nuts. they be power tripping losers.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote