REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Greasy Fatass in an RV Dumped Something on My Car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673026-greasy-fatass-rv-dumped-something-my-car.html)

spyker 09-25-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed2K (Post 8039115)
At least charge him with littering! F$ck!

Anyone know where he's parked I need to "accidentally" throw some dog shit at his RV.

Apparently he parks that POS at kits/Jericho/spanish banks beach parking lots.

!Yaminashi 09-25-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO7 (Post 8038403)
What a frustrating waste of time this has been. WTF was the point of contacting the police first to get a case number before filing an ICBC claim, if the police won't even pursue charges EVEN AFTER icbc confirms that there's damage and approves the claim?!

What was the point of the officers telling me to "see what ICBC says first and then get in contact with us again"?!

Why the hell did they even try contacting Fatass if all he had to do was "be uncooperative" (officer's words) and they stop the case right there?!!!?

It takes time away from pulling over modified cars on the highway?
Sorry to hear nothing has been done yet :(

Mkhun 09-25-2012 04:28 PM

what i've heard and seen = They won't deal with small claims nor chase down these arrogant people and put them behind the bars.

Instead, they pay way more attention to those "street racers" who tends to go little over 50km/h limit 3am in the morning when there's no one around with perfectly 'okay' environment that's not supposed to me limited only at 50km/h (yeah,obviously its not SAFE someone may say. :flamesuiton:) on a good stretched road.

:troll:

Sorry for what happened and thanks.

Your thread made me to decide to get a dash cam :okay::nicethread:

Horditruck 09-25-2012 10:11 PM

Wow sucks to hear that the cops didn't do shit the that fat fuck. Stupid justice system.

parm104 09-25-2012 11:18 PM

This situation is more or less something that you could pursue legally. If the purpose of justice is to make you whole again and what evidence you have is legitimate and unquestionable, then legal action would be the most likely route to be successful. And if your video evidence is not good enough to hold up and point a definite finger at your accused, well then similarly the police wouldn't have any way of pursuing the case.

With efficient investigative/discovery skills by you and/or your lawyer, you should be able to track down the owner of the vehicle and match him up with the person who threw the liquid shit on your car.

InvisibleSoul 09-26-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8039557)
This situation is more or less something that you could pursue legally. If the purpose of justice is to make you whole again and what evidence you have is legitimate and unquestionable, then legal action would be the most likely route to be successful. And if your video evidence is not good enough to hold up and point a definite finger at your accused, well then similarly the police wouldn't have any way of pursuing the case.

With efficient investigative/discovery skills by you and/or your lawyer, you should be able to track down the owner of the vehicle and match him up with the person who threw the liquid shit on your car.

It'll take a lot of work for very little gain.

IANAL, but it looks like there's some significant costs associated with persuing small claims:

Small Claims Rules

And all that he would be able to get back is the deductible he paid ICBC, I would assume.

westopher 09-26-2012 09:12 AM

I believe he would be entitled to the court costs as well if he won. Its doesn't benefit him as the money goes to lawyers/fees etc. but its nice to know you fucked someone out of a bit more money when they are that malicious. This is a really fucked up scenario. Its like "hey, theres proof here that you through that rock through a windshield." Oh I didn't mean to hit the car, I was just trying to throw it over the car. "Oh, ok. Sorry for interrupting you in your R.V. parked illegally in a park sir. Have a good day."

Eff-1 09-26-2012 11:01 AM

Like I said. A small claims case would be a slam dunk. They won't care about proving intent. And yes he'd get his court fees back. You don't need a lawyer for small claims, it's designed to work without lawyers. The only problem he may face afterwards is even with a judgement against the other guy, he stilll might never pay up.

Criminal charges are much harder in this case. There needs to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt he intended to cause damage to the car. First the police have to agree. Then Crown has to agree. Only then will they charge him. The video footage doesn't establish intent, unfortunately.

parm104 09-26-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 8039845)
Like I said. A small claims case would be a slam dunk. They won't care about proving intent. And yes he'd get his court fees back. You don't need a lawyer for small claims, it's designed to work without lawyers. The only problem he may face afterwards is even with a judgement against the other guy, he stilll might never pay up.

Criminal charges are much harder in this case. There needs to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt he intended to cause damage to the car. First the police have to agree. Then Crown has to agree. Only then will they charge him. The video footage doesn't establish intent, unfortunately.

+1 except it doesn't matter if he intends to pay or not. If their is a failure to pay, you can just garnish his wages...That is of course if he has any.

lgman 09-26-2012 06:02 PM

Halloween is coming up.. Anyone got fireworks hookups?

spyker 09-26-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgman (Post 8040183)
Halloween is coming up.. Anyone got fireworks hookups?

That's a good idea,I have some M80's laying around,I might just have to stop by the RV late at night and give him a nice wakeup call.

T4RAWR 09-26-2012 09:03 PM

you guys are all going about this the wrong way....

what you need is one of these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FYH4kP5sOb...t+2010+155.jpg

and you need to do this to the RV:

http://imcdb.org/images/009/562.jpg

jimmyrustler 09-26-2012 09:23 PM

http://menversus.com/images/1znn70p.jpg

GoneGuru 10-04-2012 08:53 PM

Just saw some fatass dump a full mcdonalds cup of a drink on the car next to theirs. Dafuq is up with people these days.
Posted via RS Mobile