REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #201
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
At least charge him with littering! F$ck!

Anyone know where he's parked I need to "accidentally" throw some dog shit at his RV.
Apparently he parks that POS at kits/Jericho/spanish banks beach parking lots.
Advertisement
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #202
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
What a frustrating waste of time this has been. WTF was the point of contacting the police first to get a case number before filing an ICBC claim, if the police won't even pursue charges EVEN AFTER icbc confirms that there's damage and approves the claim?!

What was the point of the officers telling me to "see what ICBC says first and then get in contact with us again"?!

Why the hell did they even try contacting Fatass if all he had to do was "be uncooperative" (officer's words) and they stop the case right there?!!!?
It takes time away from pulling over modified cars on the highway?
Sorry to hear nothing has been done yet
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #203
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

what i've heard and seen = They won't deal with small claims nor chase down these arrogant people and put them behind the bars.

Instead, they pay way more attention to those "street racers" who tends to go little over 50km/h limit 3am in the morning when there's no one around with perfectly 'okay' environment that's not supposed to me limited only at 50km/h (yeah,obviously its not SAFE someone may say. :flamesuiton on a good stretched road.

Sorry for what happened and thanks.

Your thread made me to decide to get a dash cam
Mkhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #204
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Wow sucks to hear that the cops didn't do shit the that fat fuck. Stupid justice system.
Horditruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #205
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
This situation is more or less something that you could pursue legally. If the purpose of justice is to make you whole again and what evidence you have is legitimate and unquestionable, then legal action would be the most likely route to be successful. And if your video evidence is not good enough to hold up and point a definite finger at your accused, well then similarly the police wouldn't have any way of pursuing the case.

With efficient investigative/discovery skills by you and/or your lawyer, you should be able to track down the owner of the vehicle and match him up with the person who threw the liquid shit on your car.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #206
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
This situation is more or less something that you could pursue legally. If the purpose of justice is to make you whole again and what evidence you have is legitimate and unquestionable, then legal action would be the most likely route to be successful. And if your video evidence is not good enough to hold up and point a definite finger at your accused, well then similarly the police wouldn't have any way of pursuing the case.

With efficient investigative/discovery skills by you and/or your lawyer, you should be able to track down the owner of the vehicle and match him up with the person who threw the liquid shit on your car.
It'll take a lot of work for very little gain.

IANAL, but it looks like there's some significant costs associated with persuing small claims:

Small Claims Rules

And all that he would be able to get back is the deductible he paid ICBC, I would assume.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #207
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
I believe he would be entitled to the court costs as well if he won. Its doesn't benefit him as the money goes to lawyers/fees etc. but its nice to know you fucked someone out of a bit more money when they are that malicious. This is a really fucked up scenario. Its like "hey, theres proof here that you through that rock through a windshield." Oh I didn't mean to hit the car, I was just trying to throw it over the car. "Oh, ok. Sorry for interrupting you in your R.V. parked illegally in a park sir. Have a good day."
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #208
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Like I said. A small claims case would be a slam dunk. They won't care about proving intent. And yes he'd get his court fees back. You don't need a lawyer for small claims, it's designed to work without lawyers. The only problem he may face afterwards is even with a judgement against the other guy, he stilll might never pay up.

Criminal charges are much harder in this case. There needs to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt he intended to cause damage to the car. First the police have to agree. Then Crown has to agree. Only then will they charge him. The video footage doesn't establish intent, unfortunately.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #209
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Like I said. A small claims case would be a slam dunk. They won't care about proving intent. And yes he'd get his court fees back. You don't need a lawyer for small claims, it's designed to work without lawyers. The only problem he may face afterwards is even with a judgement against the other guy, he stilll might never pay up.

Criminal charges are much harder in this case. There needs to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt he intended to cause damage to the car. First the police have to agree. Then Crown has to agree. Only then will they charge him. The video footage doesn't establish intent, unfortunately.
+1 except it doesn't matter if he intends to pay or not. If their is a failure to pay, you can just garnish his wages...That is of course if he has any.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #210
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Halloween is coming up.. Anyone got fireworks hookups?

Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #211
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
Halloween is coming up.. Anyone got fireworks hookups?
That's a good idea,I have some M80's laying around,I might just have to stop by the RV late at night and give him a nice wakeup call.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #212
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
you guys are all going about this the wrong way....

what you need is one of these:

and you need to do this to the RV:

T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #213
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #214
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Just saw some fatass dump a full mcdonalds cup of a drink on the car next to theirs. Dafuq is up with people these days.
Posted via RS Mobile
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote