REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I have to say one thing...whether you like his policies, or not, think he's doing a good job, or not, there is one thing that he has brought to the presidency like no other.

He's a fucking human.

I feel like a person could send him an e-mail, and if he saw it, and was intrigued by the question, he might actually answer it.
FUCK YES. He has a connection to the public, and especially the younger generation that no president (at least in my lifetime) has ever had. I hope for the sake of the world he is re-elected. Its not like I'm blown away by any specific thing he is done, but I am blown away by the fact he is a politician that actually wants what is best for people, without regards to belonging to a certain group, or personal/boys club money motivation. You can't say that about our fucking dictator...I mean prime minister. I don't know, maybe I've bought into the hype machine, but the hype machine isn't going to cram a bible down everyones throat, and that I can support.
Advertisement
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #27
The sound of inevitability

Take it from someone that voted for him..

he's a useless piece of shit.

Then again, he is the lesser of two evils, what with Romney and all..

NDAA, Guantanamo Bay, Julian Assange, Bradley Manning, etc..

Fuck him .. he promised transparency, we instead have the most secretive administration ever..

Also, he answered 8 questions, 1 of which was a set-up. He's shit and wants my vote. Won't give him one, no one gets my vote now. They all do the same shit..

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #28
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Take it from someone that voted for him..

he's a useless piece of shit.

Then again, he is the lesser of two evils, what with Romney and all..

NDAA, Guantanamo Bay, Julian Assange, Bradley Manning, etc..

Fuck him .. he promised transparency, we instead have the most secretive administration ever..

Also, he answered 8 questions, 1 of which was a set-up. He's shit and wants my vote. Won't give him one, no one gets my vote now. They all do the same shit..
Should join the effort to support Ron Paul. He was America's only chance at having a republican candidate who isn't completely insane
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Should join the effort to support Ron Paul. He was America's only chance at having a republican candidate who isn't completely insane
Kind of.

He is still hardcore anti-abortion and against a lot of stuff that his supporters seem to think that he in fact supports.

The only difference with Ron Paul is he wants to go about accomplishing it by dissolving the powers held with the federal government down to the state level.

...and have you seen some of the shit that the states come up with? Arizona must have been running a contest to see what wacko fucking legislation they can actually come up with AND pass.

No one is the answer in the US. Obama was elected because people thought he was...and he wasn't. He was bought and paid for-just like everyone else.

No other president managed to pay back supporters by giving them a car company...but Obama did.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Kind of.

He is still hardcore anti-abortion and against a lot of stuff that his supporters seem to think that he in fact supports.

The only difference with Ron Paul is he wants to go about accomplishing it by dissolving the powers held with the federal government down to the state level.
IMO your second point cancels out the first. He has the right to be anti abortion, that's fine. But it shouldn't be up to the federal government to be anti abortion. Same with anything else he's for or against. If you live in a state that doesn't jive with your beliefs, pack up and move to one that does! There are 50 of them, it should be easy to find one you like. Socially, they are already quite different from one another. Compare California to NY to Michigan to Alabama, and you get vastly different people.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
IMO your second point cancels out the first. He has the right to be anti abortion, that's fine. But it shouldn't be up to the federal government to be anti abortion. Same with anything else he's for or against. If you live in a state that doesn't jive with your beliefs, pack up and move to one that does! There are 50 of them, it should be easy to find one you like. Socially, they are already quite different from one another. Compare California to NY to Michigan to Alabama, and you get vastly different people.
Yes. I agree with your point.

The point I was making was in general terms, the Paulbots tend to see him as this pot smokin', abortin', gay marryin' cool ole grandfather type that wants to be president. Oh! And kill the fed. His trademark

In truth, he's personally for none of those things, and is staunchly conservative(and I think he was a tad racist in years past) and yes, at least at the state level you are free to move, or be more involved in a more local election and more connected to government...but you also get a LOT of the fucking "let's get o the news again" states like Arizona that will just write some of the most insane laws and because there are 50 states, it will never get the attention nationally that it deserves.

I like Ron Paul...in terms of naming a republican that I can actually listen to, but he's not the saint that people portray him to be. Honestly, I'd rather have him give it a go then have Romney who considers poor people to be anyone that makes less than 1 million a year.

I think the choices were actually better in 2008. As far as a republican goes, McCain was at least somewhat there on connecting with people. He felt as though, "I may not have voted for you, but I can deal with you"...but jesus H. Mormon Christ...Romney is so far out of touch, it hurts my brain.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Yes. I agree with your point.

The point I was making was in general terms, the Paulbots tend to see him as this pot smokin', abortin', gay marryin' cool ole grandfather type that wants to be president. Oh! And kill the fed. His trademark

In truth, he's personally for none of those things, and is staunchly conservative(and I think he was a tad racist in years past) and yes, at least at the state level you are free to move, or be more involved in a more local election and more connected to government...but you also get a LOT of the fucking "let's get o the news again" states like Arizona that will just write some of the most insane laws and because there are 50 states, it will never get the attention nationally that it deserves.

I like Ron Paul...in terms of naming a republican that I can actually listen to, but he's not the saint that people portray him to be. Honestly, I'd rather have him give it a go then have Romney who considers poor people to be anyone that makes less than 1 million a year.

I think the choices were actually better in 2008. As far as a republican goes, McCain was at least somewhat there on connecting with people. He felt as though, "I may not have voted for you, but I can deal with you"...but jesus H. Mormon Christ...Romney is so far out of touch, it hurts my brain.
it could have been Santorum.

To everyone who thinks Obama hasn't done anything in four years...... well, read this and then draw your conclusions: A LONG List of President Obama’s Accomplishments – With Citations | Addicting Info
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote