REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Dashcam ftw; Audi of Richmond mechanic caught not doing a full service...

Sorry if it's a repost and wonder if this is a fellow RS member...

!

Quote:
UPDATE:
Ok, I think I had enough requests about the vid and I am going to release it. In fact, the service manager comment that it was my decision to disclose it or not. My MMI oil level says "Drain Oil" and I see that this mech does not want to work. From my inspection paper, everything was inspected. However, according to this video my car wasn't even raised. Service Manager said they suck out oil and raise the car to inspect everything for 25k Audi Care Service. Service Manager and Floor Manager seemed very real with their apologies. However, I can't believe they are not going to re-do the whole 25K service instead they are only going to raise the car and inspect my car as my mech didn't inspect thoroughly.

The videos were divided in terms of 3 min intervals. I compiled them together from using youtube.
Quote:
[UPDATE]

So I called the Service Manager at Audi of Richmond today morning. I first asked him what 25k Audi Care covers and how they do service. Told me they suck oil out for A4s and raise the car to check any sign of leak and etc. Then I told him that I was in for 25k service yesterday and have video of what kind of service was provided to my vehicle. He asked me to bring in the video to talk in person. So I showed him the video. He gets very serious. He calls his floor manager over, shows him the video. They both get really serious at this point lol. Starts apologizing for the maintenance service that was provided to my car. Their apologies were serious and they both seemed very disappointed.

Floor manager made a copy of the video. Promised to do a new 25k service on my car again which he will do and keeps apologizing. Service Manager calls their Detailing Department at Cowell Landrover and makes an appointment for full detailing of my vehicle.

Then the service manager calls service advisor over into his office and tells her to take good care of my car when I come in again next week for re-service and that make sure I get a good loaner car.

At the end of the day, Service Manager and Floor Manager at Audi of Richmond apologized and promised to re-inspect my car, but not doing the whole new 25k service.

The funny thing is, this is actually my 2nd time finding a shop/dealership who tried to do a minimal job and was caught on my dash cams.

1st time was when I lowered my car, the guys at the shop did not do alignment check as promised yet told me that they did the alignment. LOL

I will still take my car to Audi of Richmond now that everyone at the service department knows about my case. LOL They are going to be very, very careful. I'd say when you go in, share this story from Audizine. They will take your car very seriously perhaps get any dash cams and hardwire it before going into service lol.

Hi guys,

I want to ask fellow Audi drivers for some advice here.

I booked in for my second 25k Audi Care. The receptionist told me this is going to be a major oil change so expect to take minimum 4 hours.

I arrived today 9AM to the dealership. My service advisor is so chill, lets me take a loaner and left.

Within an hour, I got a call saying that my car is done. I thought it would take min 4 hours?

Anyways, but I was told to come in at the end of the day since they need to wash and vacuum my car. I said ok.

Came to pick up my car, told my advisor I thought it would take min 4 hours for my service today. He said nono its a short one. Then he went over what they did today and how much thread left and pad wear and what not.

So I came home and looked up my videos in my car. I have Blackvue DR400G and Finevu CR300HD facing forward and Blackvue DR380G facing backwards. They are all hardwired.

Surprisingly my car goes into the service bay, my mech gets ready, and starts refilling all the liquids. Obviously, I cant see what exactly he was doing, but I was able to see through gap and see that my car wasnt raised, and my mech was just refilling oil and checking his computer. According to inspection paper from today's service, my mech checked tire wear, break pad wear, all sorts of exterior, suspension and drive components.

On the paper it all checked as "Inspection Result Acceptable"

However, can mechanics check shocks, struts, suspension components, leaks, damages on exhaust system and check break pad wear without lifting the car and not taking out the tires?

As for the oil change, I am quite surprised to see that he doesnt drain old oil and just refills oil. I am really hoping he used some sort of magic to drain that dirty oil. LOL As for the brake pad, can you guys let me know if you could still check break pad wear without taking out the rims?

I looked up what 25k Audi Care covers. It was actually a short one.

According to 25K Audi Care, it even says check spare tire and battery on the paper, but I do not see my trunk ever opening through out the service.

All in all the service took less than 30 min. LOL. At least my Audi Care came with my car. I would not recommend buying this useless package. And if you have been going into the dealership to get an oil change, just go to Mr. Lube or make a mech friend at Audi. I am so disappointed at how they do service at Audi of Richmond.

Here are questions asked, please do not ask me again

Originally Posted by iconoclast
you would see an oil extraction device hooked up to the car...
Originally Posted by a4_bob
I've also heard that Audi techs extract the oil, not drain it - this would be done from an open hood without lifting the car.

Side note on extracting vs draining: after a lot of reading on this I hear extracting can be just as effective as draining, especially if you drain and aren't angled just right. There are also reports of people having the aluminum drain threads stripped from sloppy oil changes.

I don't see any device thats hooked up. Besides, the funny thing is, the S4 next to my car is raised, and one of those big containers that collects old oil from under the car is sitting right next to my car with the raised S4. That makes me really wonder. Im no expert at maintenance so I cant comment on what extraction device look like.

Originally Posted by Cole
I didn't see it posted anywhere. Does the shop have a "pit" for oil changes? (A opening in the floor for someone to work under the car from the basement)

nope, i didnt see anthing like that. I was hoping theres a pit for oil change and tried to look for it.

Originally Posted by iconoclast
one has nothing to do with the other... audicare is sold by aoa and you're having a dealer specific issue... what exactly are you requesting richmond do to rectify/resolve this issue?

I am going to speak to these guys first. I have no time to go see them until tomorrow. Im going to make them do a proper service for my car. I do AutoX and brakes and any under the car needs to be really inspected.

It seems like Audi of Richmond is really cheap on Audi Care customers. I think my window wipers are almost done and according to the online Audi Care guide, wipers are covered. However, Audi of Richmond said one does not cover window wipers no more for Audi Care customers and also was told that I need separate oil change for brake fluids. At least from Audi of Richmond, Audi Care seems pretty useless.
original post: Audi Care is waste of money. My dash cams shows all my mech did was to refill liquids
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Jah, you are from the 'zine?

he is also a blackbox reseller, so this probably did good for him sales wise. seems like all the recent viral vids are helping with sales

30:38 , guy thought the car in front of him was a cop haha
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
So I came home and looked up my videos in my car. I have Blackvue DR400G and Finevu CR300HD facing forward and Blackvue DR380G facing backwards. They are all hardwired.
Three dash cams? And two facing forward?

Not familiar with Audi's / Audi Care...but does this service requires a road test?
Or was the tech just taking it out for a joy ride?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #4
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbeee View Post
Jah, you are from the 'zine?

he is also a blackbox reseller, so this probably did good for him sales wise. seems like all the recent viral vids are helping with sales

30:38 , guy thought the car in front of him was a cop haha
I'm on there but I read this over on the BMW forums and you're right, these types of videos must be doing wonders for local cash dealers.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
wow... half the time, that mech was just standing around and he DROPPED the hood down.. haha
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
This kind of shit is definitely what people need.. and for my new car I'll definitely be getting a dashcam. So many fucking people are just so lazy when doing their jobs.. or just retarded while driving, I've figured it is necessary to have one now.

Thanks given to you Jah.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
richmond audi...does this thread have richmond subaru potential?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
richmond audi...does this thread have richmond subaru potential?
maybe same owner
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
Dealership is just like that. So guys please try to avoid some dealerships in Richmond. Even some technicians are not practical, only good on concepts.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Not sure about the finevu, but the blackvue couldn't the tech just unplug it from the powercord even when its hardwired? I usually remove mine anytime I drop my car off to a shop.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
If I find out any tech unplugs my dashcam while servicing my car I would never go there again.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
lol.. if they purposely went to unplug the dashcam, that would make them look worse.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Not sure about the finevu, but the blackvue couldn't the tech just unplug it from the powercord even when its hardwired? I usually remove mine anytime I drop my car off to a shop.
Do you also remove it when you park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
Do you also remove it when you park?
Depends where I park, since I don't have the power magic pro or w/e, it won't be recording while im parked. This is also why I take it when I bring the car in for a service, since it wont be recording at all. Time to invest in the power magic pro? hmm..
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
wtf...you'd expect this at your private mechanic...but at stealership prices it must be frustrating
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
^We have private licensed and practical mechanic. Do it in front to your eyes.

Last edited by asr; 09-14-2012 at 08:48 AM.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

So do these devices record to a storage device elsewhere in the car or to the unit itself? I've thought about getting one before but always thought to myself that if someone broke in and jacked it there would be no chance at a video to review. (Sorry for thread jacking)
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
thats why you DIY
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
So do these devices record to a storage device elsewhere in the car or to the unit itself? I've thought about getting one before but always thought to myself that if someone broke in and jacked it there would be no chance at a video to review. (Sorry for thread jacking)
It records to the unit itself.

Rcubed has a blackbox unit where the camera is mounted on the windshield while the blackbox was hidden somewhere in the car.
Posted via RS Mobile
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
when i got my 25k inspection i felt that i may have gotten the same treatment since i saw my car parked outside already about 30mins before i was told they were done

made a point to note that to the service manager but they insisted that everything was done and they were just too busy and wasn't able to tell me i could leave

nothing much i could do though except not go back
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
want your car to last? service it yourself.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
At 25k, nothing is worn out. They know this.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #23
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
At 25k, nothing is worn out. They know this.
Posted via RS Mobile
Unfortunately, that's how a lot of techs look at it. Then you get the car that comes in with a legitimate problem and leaves without it ever getting noticed or fixed.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
Why'd you do that for?

eh...i would of sent it to the media...
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Someone go contact them

Yvonne Eamor
Associate Producer
CBC Television
Go Public
Direct: 604-662-6819
Cell: 604-347-5282
yvonne.eamor@cbc.ca

Mike Clarke
CBC News
Reporter