REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
when i bought my car, i also bought that paint sealant package. they said they sprayed the whole car prior to me purchasing it. i inspected it and found that there were still dust on my car, not washed or anything. i was too excited to care at that point.

i feel my 10k maintenance was without inspection too. maintenance involves checking brake pads and my wheel lock were still in the trunk in the unopened package.

I'm already planning on getting a power magic pro and maybe even getting another blackvue to face the back of my car.

now the question is, can one power magic pro be hooked to 2 camera?
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
honestly guys, checking brake pad life can arguably be done with a visual. It depends how they word it: life vs condition

for how much dealerships charge, I always expect a complete job and all, but there's a reason why "stealership" as a word, exists.

Techs only get certain amounts of time for the job too, but I've witnessed first hand at multiple big dealers how some techs actually work hard while others slack or reserve time for other jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #28
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts

Last edited by asr; 09-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #29
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Last edited by asr; 09-12-2012 at 08:48 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #30
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
NOT REALLY
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
CALL ASR Welcome to ASR in canada
Posted via RS Mobile
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Unfortunately, that's how a lot of techs look at it. Then you get the car that comes in with a legitimate problem and leaves without it ever getting noticed or fixed.
Not saying its right, but 99 times out of 100 there will be no issues. Generally people will bitch about new car issues. No issues mentioned, why check?
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #32
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High View Post
I got a pm from a guy here, that's why I leave asr info.
Anyways it's changed if you guys feel better this way.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #33
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I got a pm from a guy here, that's why I leave asr info.
Anyways it's changed if you guys feel better this way.
no offence, but if its a pm, shouldnt you reply with a pm? i understand your need to advertise, but come on ..
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
i feel my 10k maintenance was without inspection too. maintenance involves checking brake pads and my wheel lock were still in the trunk in the unopened package.
Like someone said above, depending on the car the brakepads can often be visually inspected through the rim without taking the wheels off. But anyway also on a note, a ton of dealer techs carry their own lock key sets so they do not have to rummage through the owners stuff, spending precious time just to find out that the owner lost them, or the infamous, 'what's a wheel lock?' Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Original incident is actually a friend of mine. And yea a lot has happened including Audi of Canada getting involved and Audi Richmond threatening him to remove the video.
Posted via RS Mobile
!e.lo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #36
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
At 25k, nothing is worn out. They know this.
Posted via RS Mobile
At 25k, it is borderline impossible for anything to be worn out.

It is entirely possible for something to break within 25k though; a damaged suspension as a result of hitting a pot hole hard for instance.

Quote:
NOT REALLY
I've read through the thread twice, and I'm not following.

What was this post directed at?

Not really, what?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
Original incident is actually a friend of mine. And yea a lot has happened including Audi of Canada getting involved and Audi Richmond threatening him to remove the video.
Posted via RS Mobile
mind pm'ing me the details on what happened?
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #38
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Why would Audi threaten to remove the video when the tech clearly didn't do a full service on the Audi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #39

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Saw this on 'Zine...appalling but rather standard practice these days I think. This is really the only reason why I'd want to get a cam in my car is to monitor people who are working on my car and who are expected to provide a certain service...ESPECIALLY people who bill by the hour...

I just left OpenRoad a month ago, brought my car in for maintenance and told them I'm going on a road trip and would like fluids topped off. They told me they did all the work, turns out they never swapped out the defective iPod cable like they claimed, Richmond confirmed that it was my original cable and still defective...my warning lights went off for low oil level and low windshield washer fluid levels...so obviously they didn't top off fluids either...any they left their tools in my back seat lol.

When confronted about the issue, they sort of laughed off and never apologized or owned up to it. Simply said "well we did what we had to do."

It's especially an issue for AudiCare customers because we pay an extra premium so we can receive extended coverage. It's like a contract essentially and I am locked in to receive service from Audi dealerships. If I don't like the service Audi is providing, I can't go elsewhere now because I've already paid for the Care package. On the contrary, if you go to a local shop like RPI and I'm not happy with their service, I can always get different service from another shop around the area.

I do find it somewhat interesting that most of these Blackbox videos that are appearing locally here are generally from reps or friends of reps who work for the company. And they also started to spur up in our local community at the same time ASR and BlackVue did...hmmmm...People have been using goPro's in their cars and other dash cams for years now and we never got this many videos up or these extreme of cases...Usually just a car crash here and there or a douche bag driver. All the BlackVue vids seem to be extreme cases of some sort of car issue...
Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
^post gradually went from to

So you're suggesting that the tons of first-hand user experiences being posted, with video-footage to back it up, is all a ploy by certain companies to sell more dash cameras?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
At 25k, it is borderline impossible for anything to be worn out.

It is entirely possible for something to break within 25k though; a damaged suspension as a result of hitting a pot hole hard for instance.

Yes that's understandable, but that would generally result in a complaint from the owner.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

CTV British Columbia | Steele on Your Side
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #43
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,796 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I do find it somewhat interesting that most of these Blackbox videos that are appearing locally here are generally from reps or friends of reps who work for the company. And they also started to spur up in our local community at the same time ASR and BlackVue did...hmmmm...People have been using goPro's in their cars and other dash cams for years now and we never got this many videos up or these extreme of cases...Usually just a car crash here and there or a douche bag driver. All the BlackVue vids seem to be extreme cases of some sort of car issue...
from reps or friends of reps? ASR must have a LOT of friends then..

I'm willing to bet that the number of supposed people who are running GoPros in their cars turned on 24/7 is not as high as you think.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
from reps or friends of reps? ASR must have a LOT of friends then..

I'm willing to bet that the number of supposed people who are running GoPros in their cars turned on 24/7 is not as high as you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
^post gradually went from to

So you're suggesting that the tons of first-hand user experiences being posted, with video-footage to back it up, is all a ploy by certain companies to sell more dash cameras?
No...I think you guys didn't grasp the point I was trying to make.

There's been debate regarding the usefulness of HD Dash Cams. They're expensive and personally, the only time I thought it would be useful was for helmet mounting when I ride.

The introduction of BlackBox in the last few months had brought up the number of PRACTICAL everyday uses for dashcams........
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #45
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Why would Audi threaten to remove the video when the tech clearly didn't do a full service on the Audi
Wouldn't the filming of technicians on private property without prior consent at the very least violate the terms of service of the dealership?

While you can't deny what happened in the video, I would be very surprised if the dealership hasn't gotten their lawyers involved.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #46
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Wouldn't the filming of technicians on private property without prior consent at the very least violate the terms of service of the dealership?

While you can't deny what happened in the video, I would be very surprised if the dealership hasn't gotten their lawyers involved.
Posted via RS Mobile
Oh I'm pretty sure charging a customer for work on their car and not doing the agreed upon maintenance that was paid for,then claiming they did is alot more serious of a crime.I believe it's called fraud.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #47

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
I've been in a legal battle with this exact same dealership before...GM of Cowell Auto Group likes to intimidate his customers by using legal action whether he has reasonable grounds or not.

At my preliminary hearing, the GM waited for me in the lobby so he could get into the elevator with me alone. In the elevator he told me that I was going to lose and that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. He continued to tell me how great his legal team is and how I obviously don't know what I'm doing because I didn't have legal aid with me. He tried to get me to settle in the elevator and continued to tell me that this case was going to ruin my life...

Just so we're clear, this was a small claims issue dealing with about $3000 at most. I had been a customer for 8 years with these guys at this time and had already purchased 2 cars from them. Was in the process to get a third when this situation was raised.

They only care about #1 and that's themselves. Reputation, customer loyalty, consumer ethics are totally irrelevant to them.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure charging a customer for work on their car and not doing the agreed upon maintenance that was paid for,then claiming they did is alot more serious of a crime.I believe it's called fraud.
True, but then it all comes down to who has the better lawyers in a civil suit.

Ultimately Audi Canada will tell the dealership to back down because it looks bad from a corporate perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership won in a civil suit if it was allowed to carry on.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #49

Quote:
True, but then it all comes down to who has the better lawyers in a civil suit.

Ultimately Audi Canada will tell the dealership to back down because it looks bad from a corporate perspective, but I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership won in a civil suit if it was allowed to carry on.
Posted via RS Mobile

Audi of Canada very rarely if at all interferes in dealership business. Audi of Richmond is Cowell AutoGroup which is a business simply selling 4 brands of cars. The business practices and decisions made at dealership level relating to customers isn't touched on by Audi of Canada/America. They give their dealerships full control to conduct their business as they see fit. That's the unfortunate part of this situation....
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I've been in a legal battle with this exact same dealership before...GM of Cowell Auto Group likes to intimidate his customers by using legal action whether he has reasonable grounds or not.

At my preliminary hearing, the GM waited for me in the lobby so he could get into the elevator with me alone. In the elevator he told me that I was going to lose and that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. He continued to tell me how great his legal team is and how I obviously don't know what I'm doing because I didn't have legal aid with me. He tried to get me to settle in the elevator and continued to tell me that this case was going to ruin my life...

Just so we're clear, this was a small claims issue dealing with about $3000 at most. I had been a customer for 8 years with these guys at this time and had already purchased 2 cars from them. Was in the process to get a third when this situation was raised.

They only care about #1 and that's themselves. Reputation, customer loyalty, consumer ethics are totally irrelevant to them.
so did you win the case?
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote