REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 09-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Replica wheels

Hey guys,

wondering if anyone has experience replica wheels before? i'm leaving in a year so i don't want to spend another 4k on new oem bmw wheels. I checked craigslist and found Sorat? anyone has info on the quality? much appreciated!
Advertisement
sdbecomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
RS Licensed Vendor

I've run aftermarket OE replicas for my BMW before. Didn't have any issues with them for 3 years.

Like any wheel, just make sure to clean it from time to time. I'm assuming it's a daily driver and not used for aggressive driving and/or the track.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Thanks for this
shadowfaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,145 Times in 1,248 Posts
Sora't is an RS sponsor IIRC, I bought replica wheels from them many years ago, they throw in mounting & balancing and have a lot of tires in stock. Had a good experience with them
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
as long as you dont put the rims under pressure, you should be okay, im on BBS lm reps and so far so good, i dont track the car or drive it too hard
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Sora't is an RS sponsor IIRC, I bought replica wheels from them many years ago, they throw in mounting & balancing and have a lot of tires in stock. Had a good experience with them
REVscene.net - Western Canada & Greater Northwest #1 Automotive, Lifestyles & Classifieds Forums!

Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 5,197 Times in 1,138 Posts
Couple days ago I called Sorat looking for some winter tires, and I mentioned Revscene and the guy I was speaking with had NO Idea what I was talking about lol.

I know before they used to post and stuff...wish they'd come back.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
RS Licensed Vendor

Just need to ask for Shirzad....His staff rotate all the time
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
degenerate extraordinaire

^ true that.

friendly guys, but imo the staff aren't the most organized. Pretty sure most of the guys working there aren't on rs.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Bought RE30 replicas from Sorat a while back... about a month and 2 weeks later one of the spokes cracked. My friend was running on them for the last 2 weeks before they cracked, I have no idea what he did but at the time his DC5 wasn't even capable of driving fast because he had a few broken parts on, nor was he able to go over any curbs due to how low his front lip is. Have no idea what happened here... He said they apparently just cracked out of the blue.

I have also run on other replica rims, a set of Advan RS from MP Autosport for over a year with no issues at all. Also had a set of Work CR Kai replicas that I bought used that had no issues either. I guess in the end it depends on where you buy it from, and also a bit on luck..

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote