REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Pomeranian breeders?

Been looking for a purebred toy pom for a few months now, can't find any breeders at all.

How much do these poms sell for when buying from breeders?
Advertisement
wonton1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
PATTIE'S PAMPERED POMERANIANS
LANGLEY, BC
604-532-0050

http://www.pattiespamperedpomeranian...blepuppies.htm

Prices ranging from $750 to $1700.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
PATTIE'S PAMPERED POMERANIANS
LANGLEY, BC
604-532-0050

Available Puppies - Pattie's Pampered Pomeranians

Prices ranging from $750 to $1700.

OMG my heart just melted.

Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #4

Thanks, but couldn't find any lighter coloured ones there.

Did find quite a few in seattle, maybe I'll pick one up there the next time I pick up my parts.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Check with the SPCA and rescues - there are plenty of Poms out there looking for a good home.

http://www.facebook.com/ks.rescues
Delta Community Animal Shelter - Delta, BC - Pet Service | Facebook
Pomeranian and Small Breed Rescue (PSBR) | Facebook
Mixed Up Mutts | Facebook

Also try asking at Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Thanks, but couldn't find any lighter coloured ones there.

Did find quite a few in seattle, maybe I'll pick one up there the next time I pick up my parts.
....because if your prospective dog is not a light coloured purebred pom it will love you less.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I know this is not what you asked, but here is another adoption site to keep an eye on if you're interested:
Pet Search Results: Adoptable Pomeranian Dog Pets in Vancouver, BC: Petfinder

What's nice about adoption is that it's significantly cheaper (~$500) and covers most things like shots, neutering/spaying, and in some cases a singular vet check-up and a fixed period of pet insurance. Also, most shelters are pretty transparent about any behavioural issues, personalities, health issues, etc. that you should be aware of, if you're concerned about that type of thing. Sure, you don't get the complete experience of raising a puppy, but most of the time, animals from the shelter are already housetrained (a huge plus, in my opinion!).
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
....because if your prospective dog is not a light coloured purebred pom it will love you less.
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.....The guy wants a his dog to be a specific colour....who says it has anything to do with loving him less......Why do people choose chocolate labs over black labs, or yellow labs over chocolate labs, or vice versa, or w/e........What a fucking stupid thing to say....Why do you want a red car? You think a bright yellow car will function less poorly for you??....No, you want a red car because you think cars look better in red....the same way this guy likes light coloured dogs.......the same way I like the look of a Rottweiler over a Pitbull.....like wtf....
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.....The guy wants a his dog to be a specific colour....who says it has anything to do with loving him less......Why do people choose chocolate labs over black labs, or yellow labs over chocolate labs, or vice versa, or w/e........What a fucking stupid thing to say....Why do you want a red car? You think a bright yellow car will function less poorly for you??....No, you want a red car because you think cars look better in red....the same way this guy likes light coloured dogs.......the same way I like the look of a Rottweiler over a Pitbull.....like wtf....
I didn't say colour wasn't of significance, I was just implying that it really is a secondary trait in choosing which breeder to buy a pup from because there are much, much more important factors to consider. In general, a person should be very diligent in researching a breeder before committing to any animal, but even more so with purebreds. Any person can buy two pups, wait awhile, let them breed, and sell of the litter for an easy couple thousand in profit and many 'breeders' are people doing exactly that. The problem with that approach being that likelihood of genetic issues is high, especially in a relatively uncommon purebred breed, and they end up producing puppies that will eventually be plagued with health problems or just have a terrible temperament.

You didn't comprehend my post well.

Last edited by MindBomber; 09-28-2012 at 10:24 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
I didn't say colour wasn't of significance, I was just implying that it really is a secondary trait in choosing which breeder to buy a pup from because there are much, much more important factors to consider.

You didn't comprehend my post well.
So what makes you think he's not also taking the other "much more important factors" into consideration....and that couldn't have been what you meant anyway because I can easily replace one of those factors into your statement and it was still apply the exact same way....for example:

....because if your prospective dog is not the offspring of two healthy parents, it will love you less.

So either you really didn't mean that their are other more important factors to consider & in fact were stating that the colour is absolutely insignificant, or you did a horrible job of expressing what you were in fact trying to say...

Last edited by bballguy; 09-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
So what makes you think he's not also taking the other "much more important factors" into consideration....and that couldn't have been what you meant anyway because I can easily replace one of those factors into your statement and it was still apply the exact same way....for example:

....because if your prospective dog is not the offspring of two healthy parents, it will love you less.

So either you really didn't mean that their are other more important factors to consider & in fact were stating that the colour is absolutely insignificant, or you did a horrible job of expressing what you were in fact trying to say...
It was just a quick flippant post, which is why I alluded that colour was superficial in the grand scheme of things but didn't go in depth.

I suppose, I should have said, "Colour is a characteristic of superficial importance when choosing a puppy, please ensure you research the breeder in-depth and consider the bloodlines of the parents, experience of the breeder, and have a veterinary consult done, and take that information into consideration as well. Irresponsible breeders are a rampant problem, even among purebred breeders, and they often produce unhealthy puppies. In fact, it can be an even more significant issue with purebred puppies because of the narrow genetic pool magnifying the likelihood and severity of problems. I'm not implying that you have not taken those factors into consideration, but it is extremely common for people to focus solely on superficial characteristics when looking for a puppy, so I wanted to quickly point that out just in-case you were unaware."

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I don't have any inclination or motivation to do that.

I've spent a lot of time trying to find a very specific, very rare colour pattern myself.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #12

Quote:
It was just a quick flippant post, which is why I alluded that colour was superficial in the grand scheme of things but didn't go in depth.

I suppose, I should have said, "Colour is a characteristic of superficial importance when choosing a puppy, please ensure you research the breeder in-depth and consider the bloodlines of the parents, experience of the breeder, and have a veterinary consult done, and take that information into consideration as well. Irresponsible breeders are a rampant problem, even among purebred breeders, and they often produce unhealthy puppies. In fact, it can be an even more significant issue with purebred puppies because of the narrow genetic pool magnifying the likelihood and severity of problems. I'm not implying that you have not taken those factors into consideration, but it is extremely common for people to focus solely on superficial characteristics when looking for a puppy, so I wanted to quickly point that out just in-case you were unaware."

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I don't have any inclination or motivation to do that.

I've spent a lot of time trying to find a very specific, very rare colour pattern myself.
There ya go, now you're gettin' it!!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #13

Pom from seattle breeder: $600-$700
Pom from vancouver breeder: $1200-$1500

Definitely heading to seattle, they provide papers and etc for you to get over the border without problems as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
I got my pom for 800.

And he has one of the best personalities ever.
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Sorry for the bump, are there anymore breeders locally that have puppies preferably a male? I've checked the links on the thread but could not find any, and the only place I really searched were classified ads. Thanks in advance.
tmc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Gotta love those Pom's

http://i.imgur.com/wVFqK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TTG0N.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r0DkO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yc7Y2.jpg
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

also am interested in tmc22's question
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Sharian Pomeranians Perm Reg'd
Carolynn Brady
7846 139A ST
Surrey, BC, V3W5H4
(604) 596-7724

i dunno if this is even accurate i just pulled it off the internet on google lol..
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote