REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Purchasing a New Car

I'm in the market for purchasing a new car and since there are many good deals out there like $0 down payment and 0% financing, I was wondering if I can still haggle with the dealer (I mean I don't have much of a bargaining chip).

I was at the Richmond Automall last week and the only "desparate" salesman was the one at Nissan. I went to Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai and Ford, and all the salesmen were busy. I thought they'd be desperate to make a sale since the 2013s are arriving soon and they would want to get rid of the 2012s, but quite the opposite. All the salesmen were not eager and very chill.
Advertisement
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
First of all, if you want to buy a car, stay away from Richmond. All the dealers there are used to rich asians coming in and paying cash for a car, no questions asked. So they will not work remotely as hard as other dealerships.

Generally, when there good deals such as $0 down with 0%, you don't have much room to bargain, as like you said, there is no bargaining chip for you. You can ask, but they are less likely to budge. Unless you show interest in a car with a hideous colour that they can't move off the lot, etc. You can try and get some options added for free though. May or may not work.

If you're looking for the Focus, or the mazda 3 as you said in your other thread, expect even lower rooms for bargaining as they're relatively cheap cars anyway, and dealers have less margin.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
you don't need to make 2 threads about the same topic bro.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
lol they're not the same topic.

But yes, it could have been asked in one thread =p
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
First of all, if you want to buy a car, stay away from Richmond. All the dealers there are used to rich asians coming in and paying cash for a car, no questions asked. So they will not work remotely as hard as other dealerships.

Generally, when there good deals such as $0 down with 0%, you don't have much room to bargain, as like you said, there is no bargaining chip for you. You can ask, but they are less likely to budge. Unless you show interest in a car with a hideous colour that they can't move off the lot, etc. You can try and get some options added for free though. May or may not work.

If you're looking for the Focus, or the mazda 3 as you said in your other thread, expect even lower rooms for bargaining as they're relatively cheap cars anyway, and dealers have less margin.

I think this is exactly what happened. It's not like I dressed poorly (I wore a dress shirt with a cardigan) but I thought the dealer would be SUCKING MY DICK! LOL J/K... But yah, I think that was their mentality. Thanks bud.
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
I like the strategy of showing up to the dealer in a generic t-shirt and jeans/shorts, if they won't give me the time of day, I go elsewhere. For example, Brown bros. ford 2 salesman brushed us off completely, Drove to Coastal and spent 50 grand on a truck. Salesman need to realize that not everyone who is serious dresses like it's a business meeting.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
You can look up the invoice price and work on that upwards.
Use something like car cost Canada.
You can go in knowing how much the dealer paid for the car and offer them the price + a few %
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote