REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-30-2024, 10:35 AM   #29876
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
Just go on a diet and then run your hose
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:35 AM   #29877
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
yeh, there's a function called "self-destruction" cuz all LG/Samsung are pieces of shit and they all die a month or two after their warranty period ends.
When i saw this place had LG washer set, i told the realtor i wanted money off. He told me to eat a dick.
The LG washer/dryer sets are actually really damn good - that's the one thing that I would go LG with. All Samsung stuff can go into the landfill, same with the LG fridges.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 10:37 AM   #29878
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
We've had our LG front-loading washer for like 5 years now, no issues.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:44 AM   #29879
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,755 Times in 701 Posts
lol, the LG set I have is pretty good. The only issue is my washing machine smells. I heard this is common issue. I always leave my door and detergent tray open, but I still have this issue with mold lining my gasket. I need to figure that out.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:51 AM   #29880
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Wasn't your house a new build too? Your washer/dryer looks even older than the set I bought 3 years ago. Plastic dryer vent hoses are also a big no no I thought although anecdotally we used one for nearly 30 years in the old family home without burning down the house.
Suspiciously my LG washer / dryer looks just like Hobz's and the place is 10yo. Now I'm wondering if the previous owners replaced them at some point.

Anyhow both are holding up fine, considering how the dryer exhaust wasn't venting out properly until I moved in 2 years ago (builder forgot to cut a hole outside to let the air out ).
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:03 AM   #29881
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
lol, the LG set I have is pretty good. The only issue is my washing machine smells. I heard this is common issue. I always leave my door and detergent tray open, but I still have this issue with mold lining my gasket. I need to figure that out.
It almost seems like it's close to impossible not to have mold lining the gasket with front loader machines. When I got a new set the door is open all the time except when it's running. Still it didn't avoid mold appearing soon after. Only one of my neighbors has avoided this issue by going the extra mile and wiping the entire gasket after every single use. That's going too far for me who the hell has time for that.

Side note yea Samsung sucks. I've had a Samsung dryer break twice and 2 separate Samsung washing machines breaking once. All 4 times it was under a 5 year period with the latest breaking a week before the 1 year warranty was up. Completely unacceptable if you ask me.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:07 AM   #29882
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,725 Times in 3,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Suspiciously my LG washer / dryer looks just like Hobz's and the place is 10yo. Now I'm wondering if the previous owners replaced them at some point.

i got a feeling these builders buy these units in bulk and then just throw them into the homes whenever they are finished. Probably 2-3 years old already but it beats buying them 1 set at a time.

p.s. can i borrow one of yerrr "children" ? is child labor illegal? does anyone have a 3 foot midget friend? I need to push the washer in, ensuring that the vent hose isnt tangled while this midget/kid stays in that hole behind the washer. Then somehow extract said midget/kid afterwards

Last edited by Badhobz; 01-30-2024 at 11:22 AM.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:12 AM   #29883
Performance Moderator

I've been looking through houses in Calgary like crazy lately and I notice like 1/3rd of them have these metallic red Samsung washer+dryer pairs lol... like they had a sale on them and all the builders bought them, they really stick out obviously with the colour. Total aesthetic turn off.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:15 AM   #29884
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
We've had our LG front-loading washer for like 5 years now, no issues.
Ditto, we bought our LG set somewhere around 2018/2019 and no issues either, they've been working well.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:19 AM   #29885
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Just get a heat pump dryer. No vent needed.

Other than taking longer to dry and a bit smaller in size, I've yet to see any downside. Cloth seem to last longer with them too as the temperature doesn't reach as high as normal dryer. About 35% less energy consumption as well
I’ve got an LG condensing dryer, it was moreso due to space limitations (under kitchen counters)

It does take longer but what I like about it is it doesn’t fry your clothes like traditional dryers, they always come out soft

It would probably be more difficult for a family with kids because you can’t do very big loads nor can you speed up the drying process
Old 01-30-2024, 11:28 AM   #29886
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
LOL ran my basement LG condensing dryer one time, took 8 fucking hours

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:33 AM   #29887
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
isn't there a lot of heat byproduct when using them? so can be overheating your space in the summer?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:34 AM   #29888
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Quote:
Do you ever use washing machine cleaning tablets through it?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:35 AM   #29889
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
yeh, there's a function called "self-destruction" cuz all LG/Samsung are pieces of shit and they all die a month or two after their warranty period ends.
When i saw this place had LG washer set, i told the realtor i wanted money off. He told me to eat a dick.
Our barely 3 year old whirlpool washer broke over Christmas. Control panel won't even light up but yet every 10 minutes it'll give a 2 beep warning.

Quote:
You can buy Affresh washer wipes and cleaning tabs to help with the mold smell.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:01 PM   #29890
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
So you got a discount huh?

I vaguely recall a post on here about all the different appliances and the good brands for each type of machine. I remember LG was listed as the one to get for laundry system.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:20 PM   #29891
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
im actually secretly hoping my newish samsung w/d give out in the next few years so i can switch over to gas. we only have 100A service so we want to switch our w/d and eventually get a gas range as well so we can accommodate for an electric heat pump and ev charger eventually.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:22 PM   #29892
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
If i sell it, unless it's a prim residence.. that 400k cash... 5% is 20k a year at hte bank.. but yeah, if you can reap in more money in the market.. sure.
NASDAQ up 5% YTD
SPY almost 4% YTD

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:38 PM   #29893
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

@badhobz would it have been better to build a new house by a “european” builder? Or did the math not work out?
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:44 PM   #29894
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
European builder hiring buddy guys I'm sure he can get better finishing if he hired his own people those old Chinese uncles
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 12:57 PM   #29895

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
@badhobz would it have been better to build a new house by a “european” builder? Or did the math not work out?
there's little to no European builders left in Richmond. The last ones i know of that did work in Richmond was the mid-2000s with Kemp construction. All the ones we shopped for in our price range 3-3.5 mil range were all chinese or east indian.

We were wowed over by the finishing in this house. Marble walls, marble floors, modern aesthetics, etc. When we did the home inspection, the guy gave it a good bill of health but the more i live here, the more little shit things i find that annoying the fuck out of me.

I wish i bought a chinese builder home instead. Like seriously. i honestly think they do way better work. Only problem is their aesthetic choices are questionable half the time and we didnt want to build on our existing lot (time, cost overrun, smaller lot, feng shui reasons, etc)

Well i sent Tiny on a mission to find a new dryer vent hose. She came back with this and due to her small size, i was able to get her to hook it on and keep an eye on it while I push the dryer in straight. We used a metal pole to kinda align it while I pushed till we couldnt and then hopefully due to its already compressed shape, its straight. Testing now to see if all is well.

Last edited by Badhobz; 01-30-2024 at 01:06 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 01:12 PM   #29896
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
There's only one full size heatpump dryer on the market, and it's made by Whirlpool. We are on our second one because different house. Our first one was a higher end model and it worked better. When we bought this current one for the house Whirlpool only offered the lower end model in Canada and took us 6 months to get a unit.

All the other heatpump/condenser units are condo sized by LG/Bosch/Miele.

The heatpump Whirlpool doesn't need to be emptied, but you do need to hook it up to the drain so the water drains out. It does make the place hot but all dryers do. It supposedly does save electricity but at our townhouse when looking at the power bill I can tell exactly which days my wife did laundry as laundry day means the power bill spikes up about 1/3.

We do like our dryer despite it taking up to 2 hours to dry things. It keeps clothes a lot nicer and we don't have to use any fabric softener. I have friends who visit and they comment that the clothes come out amazing compared to theirs.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 01:46 PM   #29897

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...kbarhover&ei=8

even Mike Holmes approved homes are junk
Old 01-30-2024, 02:04 PM   #29898
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
just live in a 100 year old house

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:11 PM   #29899
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post

We do like our dryer despite it taking up to 2 hours to dry things. It keeps clothes a lot nicer and we don't have to use any fabric softener. I have friends who visit and they comment that the clothes come out amazing compared to theirs.
I'm just imagining all these guests at your house feeling up your freshly dried clothes and making wow faces
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 02:13 PM   #29900
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Homes from the late 80s/early 90s building boom have held up pretty well. Good bones overall from housing stock of this era.

Tile roofs, stucco/vinyl siding, modern electrical (100A+), large windows (and lots of them), fairly open layouts, forced air heating, R20 insulation. I believe there were still European builders active during this time as well. The main issue in a lot of the housing stock from this period is poly-B piping, but it's not a deal-breaker if you're willing to deal with drywall repair/remediation.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote