REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-10-2024, 04:13 PM   #31676
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,866 Times in 752 Posts
Ok, I thought I was going crazy. $27M and not having adequate parking seems stupid to me.
Advertisement
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 04:37 PM   #31677
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Do you guys think it would be hard to turn around in this driveway?

https://www.redfin.ca/bc/vancouver/6...home/156115437

I'm just imaging paying $27M for a house and I can't easily turn my car around.
Hey you nut bag why you looking at 27M houses ? You got some extra cash floating around after you TKO’d that 16 year old girl ?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-10-2024, 04:38 PM   #31678
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,227 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys think it would be hard to turn around in this driveway?

https://www.redfin.ca/bc/vancouver/6...home/156115437

I'm just imaging paying $27M for a house and I can't easily turn my car around.
So this property is 6330 Macdonald St, which is a 66x326 lot (double the width and depth of a standard 33x122 lot in Vancouver).

The property next to it is 6288, which is a 132x330 lot (4 times the width)!!!

Wonder what the house looks like inside...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 05:34 PM   #31679
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,850 Times in 969 Posts
These are half the price

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...road-vancouver

I like this one, and I feel like Tony Montana

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...west-vancouver

What I expect for $20m plus

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...rive-vancouver

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...enue-vancouver

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 07:29 PM   #31680
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
So many of these high end homes you can tell either “new money” built them, or just a cheap/tasteless builder guided someone on the build.

I’ve gotta think the ultra high end, desirable homes never even make it to market because I’ve been in homes that are around 15-20 that are Wayyyyyy nicer than most of these at
The same price point.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:39 PM   #31681
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
My dad and I worked on this house back in the mid 90's when it was being built and then again some reno work a few years back.

crazy to see it listed for close to 30 million now

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:57 PM   #31682
in the butt

Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
My dad and I worked on this house back in the mid 90's when it was being built and then again some reno work a few years back.

crazy to see it listed for close to 30 million now
If you had to guess, what was its value in 90s?

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 08:17 PM   #31683
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
I'm gonna guess somewhere in the ~4-5 million range?
i'll ask the GC when i see him next, he probably won't remember as well as his dad was the builder and he was assisting during that time

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 08:18 PM   #31684

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
According to price history...

SOLD - Feb 8, 1995 - $2.575M
SOLD - July 31, 2007 - $10.5M

If you go to REW Insights and sign up for a free account, you can get price history for properties in the GVR.
Old 06-10-2024, 08:21 PM   #31685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Hey you nut bag why you looking at 27M houses ? You got some extra cash floating around after you TKO’d that 16 year old girl ?
My toxic trait is to look at real estate that I can't afford and then talk shit about the design choices they made.

That driveway really had me perplexed though. The driveway has to be bigger than it looks, but there's a picture with two cars in it. so It looks pretty narrow.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 08:28 PM   #31686
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
My toxic trait is to look at real estate that I can't afford and then talk shit about the design choices they made.

That driveway really had me perplexed though. The driveway has to be bigger than it looks, but there's a picture with two cars in it. so It looks pretty narrow.
From the garage door to the edge of the lot is probably 30-34' as it's a 66' wide lot and you have to leave about 1m-ish on each side minimum (but it looks like more on the near side). Garage depth is probably 22-24' so...

66' minus 8-10' for side yards minus 22-24' for garage = 30-36' left over. Not terrible for turning around a car but definitely not very good.
Old 06-10-2024, 08:30 PM   #31687

There so much little detail work that goes into true craftsmanship that’s never seen with so many of these homes.

You see all the comments when homes like these pop up on instagram saying shit like “I wouldn’t even pay 2 for this!!!”

Yea, like the finishing inside the home you’re talking about took 4 times as long as building a complete “normal” house. Man power is $$$ a house that takes a couple years to build is likely in the 3-5 million dollar range in labour alone
Old 06-10-2024, 08:34 PM   #31688

lawl 11 mill

Annual Property Taxes
$82,735.90

lawl

plz let Chinese student/home maker be on the ownership title
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 08:37 PM   #31689

[quote=JDMDreams;9139020]

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...enue-vancouver

Last edited by Badhobz; 06-15-2024 at 09:04 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 08:40 PM   #31690

Senior home maker claiming every discount possible getting OAS and CPP

Not like I could ever afford it but I don’t find that area of south Granville area/marpole that great compared to say, Dunbar or endowment lands/west side

You’re closer to Richmond but that’s really the only upside, like I say this being too poor for either but I personally may find North Burnaby more attractive than Marpole/south Granville/southlands. Beautiful neighborhoods but are they worth like 10-20 times more than other places in better locations? I dunno

Suprisingly quite run down lanes and somewhat unkempt boulevards etc. in those areas which you would expect better
Old 06-10-2024, 09:58 PM   #31691
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Senior home maker claiming every discount possible getting OAS and CPP

Not like I could ever afford it but I don’t find that area of south Granville area/marpole that great compared to say, Dunbar or endowment lands/west side

You’re closer to Richmond but that’s really the only upside, like I say this being too poor for either but I personally may find North Burnaby more attractive than Marpole/south Granville/southlands. Beautiful neighborhoods but are they worth like 10-20 times more than other places in better locations? I dunno

Suprisingly quite run down lanes and somewhat unkempt boulevards etc. in those areas which you would expect better
I second that actually. A lot of the west side isn't that great with roads that heave 3 ft up and down where I would high center on my M3, back lanes that are not paved, no street lights, NIMBYism everywhere.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 10:33 PM   #31692

Anyone know how much it costs to replace windows?
For let's say a Vancouver special. Just a rough ball park? Is $40k pretty reasonable to budget for that or would you need more or less?
Old 06-10-2024, 11:48 PM   #31693
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,317 Times in 1,780 Posts
Quote:
For let's say a Vancouver special. Just a rough ball park? Is $40k pretty reasonable to budget for that or would you need more or less?
I got quotes in that ballpark +/- 10k.

Got quotes from Lifelong and Centra.

*edit: Centra was 32k whereas Life Long was 43k

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 01:19 PM   #31694
Old School RS

Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,225 Posts
Quote:
I'd go so far as to say it would be almost impossible to spend that, even on the most expensive triple glazed windows with wood frames for a typical 2000-2500sf Vancouver special.

Our 2100sf two story house was about $7,500 a few years ago for vinyl windows.

-Mark
Old 06-11-2024, 01:49 PM   #31695
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Subjects are removed on our new place, we accepted offer on our place yesterday with subjects to be hopefully removed next week.
Not gonna lie, I have a newfound appreciation for what realtors do, at least the good ones. Ours is going to make a great payday, however, the work put in and the professionalism combined with a no pressure approach was really a good experience for us.
Can not fucking wait to be on our new rooftop patio with mountain views, but going to miss this little place we are leaving. 8 years here and besides being too small for us now, there's no other negatives to the place.
Only moving 2 blocks so I'm excited that our daily routine doesn't need to change.
Over here on the shore, the market is still moving. We listed 6 days ago and had one offer that was a good one, and we would have had another tonight I'd bet if we didn't take it. It's a decent time to be moving in the same area. It's not an all out fight, but you know if your place is good it's going to have interest. A few people asked on our subject removal date on our new place if the sale had completed, so there was interest there as well
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 02:25 PM   #31696
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Subjects are removed on our new place, we accepted offer on our place yesterday with subjects to be hopefully removed next week.
Not gonna lie, I have a newfound appreciation for what realtors do, at least the good ones. Ours is going to make a great payday, however, the work put in and the professionalism combined with a no pressure approach was really a good experience for us.
Can not fucking wait to be on our new rooftop patio with mountain views, but going to miss this little place we are leaving. 8 years here and besides being too small for us now, there's no other negatives to the place.
Only moving 2 blocks so I'm excited that our daily routine doesn't need to change.
Over here on the shore, the market is still moving. We listed 6 days ago and had one offer that was a good one, and we would have had another tonight I'd bet if we didn't take it. It's a decent time to be moving in the same area. It's not an all out fight, but you know if your place is good it's going to have interest. A few people asked on our subject removal date on our new place if the sale had completed, so there was interest there as well
Congrats! When do you move in to your new place?

Having a professional realtor who puts your interest first makes the process a lot less stressful. It seems so obvious, but I've become somewhat jaded from the many low-effort relators I encountered over the last few years.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 02:28 PM   #31697
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
Yah you haven't lived until you show up at an open house in Richmond when it's hey-days and find a fat asian dude sitting in sweatpants and a stained t-shirt at the counter next to a stack of flyers playing with his phone.

Like, less than zero effort, just paid some family member or other stiff to kind of act as a deterrant for something getting broken or stolen.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 02:30 PM   #31698
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Is there any work that needs to be done at the new place?
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 02:41 PM   #31699
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
^ You trying to mobilize the RS renovation crew again??
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 03:18 PM   #31700
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Having a professional realtor who puts your interest first makes the process a lot less stressful. It seems so obvious, but I've become somewhat jaded from the many low-effort relators I encountered over the last few years.
The diff between a good realtor, broker/advisor, and lawyer and the bad ones in the whole process makes such a huge diff. I watched my BIL miss out on house after house b/c their realtor just wasn't aggressive or aware enough nor did they give the advice my BIL needed to get a house and the house hunt turned into a 2 year journey that cost them several hundred thousand (in increase house price). Same with his shitty mortgage advisor (my BIL is also to blame though for not understanding his situation better though).
This post thanked by: