REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #5176
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Imo it doesn't hurt to go with a realtor as their commission doesn't come out of your pocket anyways. The chance of getting discounts and or other perks b/c you didn't bring one is pretty low overall. Unless you're fairly familiar with the whole process, asking the right questions etc etc having a realtor who's in your corner does help more than it doesn't help you.
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #5177
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
In the end, the realtor gave us each 8k back from his fees. The few units that were left were raised 30-50k in the coming weeks and are now sold.
I was told realtors would give you nice gift, cash or big appliances since they dont do any work. Pretty much show their face and get commission.

My realtor gave me a fruit basket on my move in day
Ofcouse i had to cuz it's not written anywhere they have to give back....
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #5178
I STILL don't get it

As a realtor in the last 5 years, this market now is out of control.

Tax assessment, market price, it's all doesn't matter anymore.
My client bought a 19 year old 33x122 home in 2014 for 1.3
He decided to sell last month, the home is in south east van.
Market price comparing to similar homes in the area is 1.75
It sold for 1.94... It blew my mind who would pay so much. Buyers are going nuts.

Seeing a lot of complaints about real estate prices. Yes it's insanely high.
Should I buy Land vs Air etc...
Ultimately, you buy what you can afford. In the end, it's just a roof over your head.
It's great to own land, but you don't want a million dollar mortgage.

Renting is not a bad idea too depending on your finances. Like some fellow members have mentioned, they were able to live life up instead of putting money into a home. However rent isn't cheap these days. Marine/Cambie 1 beds are going for $1600. A 2 bedroom at Metrotown goes for $2100.

Or take this advice I took from my neighbor, live at home for as long as you can.
If you want out of your parents basement, then buy/rent whatever you can afford.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #5179
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
28 years old living with parents and 300k in the bank is not fucking bad at all...that discipline!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #5180
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
28 years old living with parents and 300k in the bank is not fucking bad at all...that discipline!
i agree...her downfall is not doing anything with it to grow it but i guess she's trying to keep it as liquid as possible to pull the trigger when she thinks she's ready to buy?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #5181
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i agree...her downfall is not doing anything with it to grow it but i guess she's trying to keep it as liquid as possible to pull the trigger when she thinks she's ready to buy?
Where does it say she's keeping it liquid or doing nothing to grow it?
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #5182
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Quote:
I'd argue that living at home at that age with that much money is simply taking advantage of your parents.
Different cultures/situations definitely dictate wether thats the case or not however.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #5183
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
I was told realtors would give you nice gift, cash or big appliances since they dont do any work. Pretty much show their face and get commission.
I would suggest in the future for anyone buying pre sale condos that you are set on purchasing (agreed on the price et. al) before the guidance of a realtor, to negotiate with potential realtors how much cash back you get from their commission for them to validate everything.

I know for my dad, he just verbally agrees with his clients about giving charging less / giving $$$ back on this type of situations. He literally just charges the cost of validating the paper plus a small fee on top since he is just there to help validate everything for the clients.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #5184
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Its something to be proud of for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
She has it invested but easily accessible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducdesmo View Post
Where does it say she's keeping it liquid or doing nothing to grow it?
^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd argue that living at home at that age with that much money is simply taking advantage of your parents.
Different cultures/situations definitely dictate wether thats the case or not however.
Pretty much this, she is still treated like a 10 year old. The minute life gets alittle rough its boohoo to the parents, cant make a decision on her own. Its not all her fault though, parents need to give her a kick in the ass. Sad really.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #5185
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Depends. I pay rent to my parents, pay for the grocery bills, help cook, clean the house etc etc.... while saving as much as I can to pay for my apartment. If you are free loading off your parents that's a different story.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #5186
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
I purchased a condo, made money, i purchased a more expensive condo, made even more money, now i purchased a duplex. Hopefully the trend continues.
People these days expect a house to be handed to them. My sister in law refuses to move out because she cant afford a house. Shes now 28 still lives at home(mind you she has saved about 300k) But still she refuses to buy anything but a house and now waiting will make her live at home even longer. Its sad really.
Wow, she sounds super disciplined! Just curious what she does?
Pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #5187
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Depends. I pay rent to my parents, pay for the grocery bills, help cook, clean the house etc etc.... while saving as much as I can to pay for my apartment. If you are free loading off your parents that's a different story.
Keep up with that and sooner or later it will be willed to you...
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #5188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urrtoast View Post
that's 1 way to get 1-up on your siblings

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 03-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #5189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagani View Post
Wow, she sounds super disciplined! Just curious what she does?
A teacher
No drugs, doesn't drink, doesn't travel, BF for 6 years, doesn't go out at night.
If i did none of the above i would have a cool 1m in the bank. Forget that.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #5190
Hopeless Romantic

Just took possession of my condo about a week ago, and was in the same boat as to whether or not to utilize a realtor. My thought process was essentially that I had done the majority of the "hunting" on my own already (going to open houses, determining my wants/needs, finding a unit I liked, etc).

And then it came to negotiating... Developer wouldn't budge on the pre-sale price (no upgrades, incentives, etc) and mentioned that prices were going to increase shortly (which they did after about a month after I paid my deposit and locked in). So I reached out to a realtor who was listing for the developer and we essentially agreed that since I was already set on which unit I wanted, that should I have him represent me that we would split his commission via a kickback.

Ended up working out for the both of us, he was a really easy to work with guy and made handling the paper work easier (he helped bring documents to me to sign while I was at work, etc instead of me having to go out of my way). He got his cut for having to meet with me less than a handful of times, and I was given a cash incentive on my place that I couldn't get through the developer.

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #5191
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I wish they would raise the rrsp for new home buying from $25k to $100k. $25k made sense back in the 90s......
Old 03-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #5192
I subscribe to Revscene

^ you'd get the same crowd of complainers who'd say that move only benefits the "rich". What you said would be nice, but I'd want the gov to bump up the TFSA contribution limit back up to 10k instead.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #5193
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
people have a hard enough time retiring as it is, so the gov doesn't want to let them borrow from their future too hard.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #5194
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner_ View Post
Just took possession of my condo about a week ago, and was in the same boat as to whether or not to utilize a realtor. My thought process was essentially that I had done the majority of the "hunting" on my own already (going to open houses, determining my wants/needs, finding a unit I liked, etc).

And then it came to negotiating... Developer wouldn't budge on the pre-sale price (no upgrades, incentives, etc) and mentioned that prices were going to increase shortly (which they did after about a month after I paid my deposit and locked in). So I reached out to a realtor who was listing for the developer and we essentially agreed that since I was already set on which unit I wanted, that should I have him represent me that we would split his commission via a kickback.

Ended up working out for the both of us, he was a really easy to work with guy and made handling the paper work easier (he helped bring documents to me to sign while I was at work, etc instead of me having to go out of my way). He got his cut for having to meet with me less than a handful of times, and I was given a cash incentive on my place that I couldn't get through the developer.
MY sister did the same thing when she purchase her first pre sale unit years and years ago. She line up for hours got in got fight her way to get 2 units and the developer won't get her any discount. She called her agent friend, and he came out. Got his commission and split it with my sister. Pretty good deal for him given the fact that he did absolute nothing and got paid pretty well for doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urrtoast View Post
I purchase a pre sale apartment should be ready to move in summer 2017. But I am considering selling it now and try to get a bigger unit. 500sq ft 1bedroom apartment seems a bit small even for 1 person.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #5195
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
I purchased a condo, made money, i purchased a more expensive condo, made even more money, now i purchased a duplex. Hopefully the trend continues.
Since the market is such that no subjects are the norm, how are people (normal, working class, that don't have an extra 3, 4, 500+k) able to compete for properties w/ a subject to sale? Or are they selling and just hoping something comes up before the possession date or willing to live somewhere temporarily?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Since the market is such that no subjects are the norm, how are people (normal, working class, that don't have an extra 3, 4, 500+k) able to compete for properties w/ a subject to sale? Or are they selling and just hoping something comes up before the possession date or willing to live somewhere temporarily?
side job
Spoiler!

jk

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 03-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #5197
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMme View Post
I wish they would raise the rrsp for new home buying from $25k to $100k. $25k made sense back in the 90s......
Then you'd have the task of repaying that 100k over 15 years. Feel like debt.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #5198
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Same here, except I already own a place. They're more than happy to have me around, and vice versa.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #5199

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I have 3 friends who sold in the last 6 months and 2 out of 3 are currently living with parents or inlaws because they cannot get back in the market.
A realtor might have a better answer to this question.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #5200

Quote:
I have 3 friends who sold in the last 6 months and 2 out of 3 are currently living with parents or inlaws because they cannot get back in the market.
A realtor might have a better answer to this question.
Well from what I read or heard ppl go to the bank and see how much they can borrow. Once they have rough idea just look for properties around the range. So they can put in an offer right away.