REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #14901
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Congrats, where are you going to move to? I'm wondering with winter fast approaching will interest in buying and people listing up their units drop?

Also anyone with experience putting subject to sale offers? My realtor is advising against it and the properties I'm interested doesn't want to take one
Haven't found a place yet, haven't like anything I've looked at so far but there are a bunch more I'm waiting to see tough to view on the long weekend.

If I don't find anything in the next 6 weeks I'll start looking for a house to rent.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #14902

Quote:
Congrats, where are you going to move to? I'm wondering with winter fast approaching will interest in buying and people listing up their units drop?

Also anyone with experience putting subject to sale offers? My realtor is advising against it and the properties I'm interested doesn't want to take one
Not sure, haven't seen anything I really like yet. I have about 6 weeks to find something if that doesn't happen then I'll start looking for a house to rent.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 10-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #14903
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
https://www.rew.ca/properties/R23806...-road-delta-bc

Does anyone have any insight into these kinds of properties ? Is the salt air going to ruine
the house ?
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #14904
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
The sea side looks beautiful and baller but I would shit my pants every time there was an earthquake + tsunami
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #14905
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Not sure, haven't seen anything I really like yet. I have about 6 weeks to find something if that doesn't happen then I'll start looking for a house to rent.
Are you just making a lateral move, to a similar house in a better location, with a layout that works better for your lifestyle?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #14906
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,296 Times in 2,510 Posts
Quote:
Lemme get this straight here -- do you have a property you are trying to sell? or are you the buyer here?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #14907
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
He's the buyer.

We put in a subject to sale offer, $30k over the next cash offer. I think the sellers agent presented our offer poorly because she wanted a quick, easy commission. The property was vacant for 1yr and the owner could afford to wait.

Can't be too down about it though cause it's what made me decide to list our place, for stronger buying power. We ended up renting for 9 months but when the right place came up, we were in the driver's seat, with a solid offer and flexible dates. Shortly after we closed on our place, a depreciation report was released, with massive costs coming up, so we also got lucky on that front.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 10-12-2019 at 10:21 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #14908
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Really depends on the seller and if you are competing against other offers. May I ask what type of property you are looking at? Condo/th/house? age? dom? has the seller relisted the property at a lower price?
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #14909
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,296 Times in 2,510 Posts
The last 2 times when I bought a place, the market was far more in favour of the seller. However, I had to put in some subjects due to my own circumstances. My realtor was aware of those circumstances, and he simply mentioned as a matter of duty that adding subjects would worsen my chances of getting the offer accepted.

So for JDMDreams, if you need to include those subjects out of necessity, you have to do them. There is no other way around it.

A thing that my realtor did -- which I would have assumed is something that any decent realtor worth his commission would have done -- is to unofficially get in touch with the other party's realtor and get a rough idea of where the seller's bottom line is -- and by bottome line, I don't actually mean the minimum transaction price that the seller would accept. Instead, it was just a general mood of whether the seller is at all receptive to bargaining, whether having subjects would be an absolute no go, etc. Communication like that saves everyone a LOT of time because both parites would roughly know where the other party stands. If the 2 parties are too far apart on the terms and expectations, then there is really no point in pressing further.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #14910

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Are you just making a lateral move, to a similar house in a better location, with a layout that works better for your lifestyle?
Pretty much, looking for an older house (Ideally 90s home) with a more usable layout on a larger lot.

Current house is a 5 bedroom house with a tiny ass lot, we have 2 dogs and it's only myself, wife and son living here so the space doesn't make a lot of sense.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #14911

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
I'm looking to up size to a town house with private garage space. I currently have a one bed and den apartment. A place I really liked recently lowered their price by $20k a week after a open house. I tired to get my realtor to put in an offer but the seller realtor said they aren't looking for subject deals
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #14912

Quote:
I'm looking to up size to a town house with private garage space. I currently have a one bed and den apartment. A place I really liked recently lowered their price by $20k a week after a open house. I tired to get my realtor to put in an offer but the seller realtor said they aren't looking for subject deals
For the longest time I wasn't willing to do a subject to sale as a seller, only reason we eventually agreed to take a subject deal is I was tired of doing showings.

It eventually worked out but it took 4 months to get subjects removed so I missed out on the summer inventory on the buy side.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #14913
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I have been noticing there are a lot of open house near my area (some even in the apartment as I am living in). Strange though the price seems to be higher than when I purchase my unit and my was at a higher floor. Decided to check out some of the open house in my apartment. Face the same direction, same sq ft, lower floors, no renos have been done yet they are asking more than when my apartment was posted on the market last year before I purchase. Not sure what's the deal is...
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #14914

they can ask for whatever they want, doesn't necessarily mean it will sell at the higher price.

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #14915
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone have experience with pros and cons of using a notary vs a real estate lawyer? Is it normal the notary is a bit slow -- as in they don't have things ready until a few days before the completion date?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #14916
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Notary i believe is cheaper, but id use someone ur realtor knows or has dealt with before because they are known to fuck shit up.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #14917
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
FTHBI increasing limit to $790k
1% federal vacant home tax
CoV wants developer fee for broadway corridor (~$400/sqft)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ting-1.5336596
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #14918

Having trouble finding a house no surprise based on time of year. I've looked at all the inventory in the area I'm interested in nothing I like. My realtors haven't really been helpful IMO, send me automated listing and setup showings or at least try to if I request. For example two weeks ago we go look at a house on Sunday it's a complete trashbag, next day I get an automated email you should look at this one same trashbag house we just looked at.

When we first sold I sent them a list of 7 or 8 houses, they got me into 2 of them, the rest they said had offers? I know a few did there was at least 3 others that did not are still listed I reached out to the realtors selling them myself, one I went to open house was a 1% realty listing so I'm guessing they didn't want me to look at it because reduced commission? I hope I'm wrong in that regards.

I don't know exactly what I was expecting but I kind of thought maybe a more personalized experience, devote an hour a week to us? We talked about expanding our search to a bigger area, they mentioned some names of areas but never offered to take us to them show us around ect.

My experience in all honesty is probably the standard realtor experience but not sure it should be. I'm getting pretty close to firing them and just doing it on my own since they don't really offer any value I can see, if I don't find anything in the next 5 weeks I'm switching my search to a rental anyway.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #14919
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Honestly if they are making you feel that way... why stay with them. I bet a “newer” realtor for you would fit best as you are buying and that realtor will cater to all your needs (get you to homes you want to see, offer them what u want ,etc). To my experience, most realtors dont bring client or show houses represented by 1% just for the reason you stated as at the end of the day, it’s all about money for them
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #14920

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I went to a couple sales centers for pre sale condos and they asked me if I was working with a realtor and also if it was gonna be an investment. Is there a reason why they are asking me these questions? Also do i require my own realtor to getting a presale condo?

Also quasi, is your realtor the same realtor u used to sell your place? Seems soo dirty that they arent putting in the time to help u find your place. When I was looking for my first place, this well known realtor wanted my business. Referred by a friend, anyways he only wanted to show me places on his days free which were days i was working and he never returned texts or emails within the same day, anyway I got rid of him super quick and got a newbie who worked very hard for me. Would drive from coquitlam to surrey every time I wanted to look at a place. I feel as if the realtors that have no other clients will work hard for you.

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 10-27-2019 at 10:46 PM.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 PM   #14921

Yeah I think it's about that time, I had other realtors I could use that were actually part of extended family but didn't do that because I wanted to keep it all business. The only issue I have is I actually like these guys as people, get along well with them would have a beer with them but I'm not all that happy with their work.

I'll setup a meeting this week and give them the good news.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #14922
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
My neighbour that lives next to me in my condo buildings has been trying to sell his unit for about a month, seems to be lots of foot traffic but I talked to him yesterday... he said he only got 1 offer so far and the guy lowballed him $59,000 under his ask (and his ask is a reasonable $499,000 for this building)... seems that buyers are getting pretty cocky now.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #14923

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
so our house did not sell...... 3 months listed with a new realtor... around 50 viewings!!! no offers. price was right. 2yr old house loaded to the tits....

but... alot of people looking for damn rental suites to supplement the mortgage.

anyways, the realtor seems to be butt hurt as we are not renewing with him. He sunk in close to $6k on a 4k video shoot and staging. not our problem...but i'm going to take a break and re-list in March 2020.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #14924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
so our house did not sell...... 3 months listed with a new realtor... around 50 viewings!!! no offers. price was right. 2yr old house loaded to the tits....

but... alot of people looking for damn rental suites to supplement the mortgage.

anyways, the realtor seems to be butt hurt as we are not renewing with him. He sunk in close to $6k on a 4k video shoot and staging. not our problem...but i'm going to take a break and re-list in March 2020.
I wouldn't feel to bad about it cost of doing business. I know in my work 90% of the estimates I put out don't result in a contract or us getting the job and we don't charge for estimates so that means most the time I'm working for free except it's not really free because our owner pays me pretty good. It obviously pays off when you land that big contract, same for realtors they've been getting paid fat for years for not having to work that hard in a hot market where homes sold themselves and the last years it's changed they have to work harder for them sales, ebbs and flows.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #14925

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
My neighbour that lives next to me in my condo buildings has been trying to sell his unit for about a month, seems to be lots of foot traffic but I talked to him yesterday... he said he only got 1 offer so far and the guy lowballed him $59,000 under his ask (and his ask is a reasonable $499,000 for this building)... seems that buyers are getting pretty cocky now.
Care to post up the listing?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote