REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

City of n. Vancouver parking ticket?? ACCOUNT COLLECTIONS?!?!?!

Got a letter today from a collector stating that I owe the City of North Vancouver 2 parking tickets.

I called the city to ask and they verified that I DID get issued 2 tickets for parking illegally on the street (????)

I'm a little puzzled as that I've never received a ticket on my windscreen nor have I had any warning letters from the city stating so.

I'm A little confused?

Am I just gonna have to eat it? Will this affect my credit?

Can a parking ticket get tacked on to a person's credit?

I ARE CONFUSED.

Thanks.
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Yes you am confused...but a visit to city hall should provide you with details and copies of the tickets they say were issued to you. Then you can decide what to do. Most municipalities send tickets to acollection agency if you don't live there and pay taxes there. Some attach tickets to your property taxes. The folks behind the desk surely will be able to answer your questions on all these areas....and say hi to Surely for me...sorry flashback to "Airplane". :L
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Yes you am confused...but a visit to city hall should provide you with details and copies of the tickets they say were issued to you. Then you can decide what to do. Most municipalities send tickets to acollection agency if you don't live there and pay taxes there. Some attach tickets to your property taxes. The folks behind the desk surely will be able to answer your questions on all these areas....and say hi to Surely for me...sorry flashback to "Airplane". :L
edit

Last edited by Recon604; 10-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

so will this screw with my credit?

I'm alittle annoyed 'cuz i havent parked illegally ANYWHERE (I work in N. Van) and now I have 2 tix for it. I thought it was little BS 'cuz i wasn't even notified of it, so I never got the chance to pay the lower fine.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
wtf ?
Ugh, at times like this, I really wish there was a fail option.

To OP, just give the clerks a call when you get the chance. Maybe if you explained the situation, they may have some sort of lenience for you.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,698 Times in 1,626 Posts
The more polite you are about it, the better it will be for you.

Try not to act outraged, or that they are wasting your time, because they will treat you the same. You have to realize the person on the other line doesn't give a fuck about you, because s/he gets calls like this all the time.

So be very honest and sincere, and they may give you back the option of reducing/eliminating the fine.

Ask for as much detail as possible, and make sure it wasn't a third-party (like Diamond Parking) who was sub-contracted by the city.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
lol pwned.

Get educated, go down to city hall and figure it out.

I am sure someone will be nice enough to help you figure things out.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
the City don't give a shit, there's probably nothing you could do except pay the ticket.
And being nice on the phone to the people doesn't work either, I tried, and all I got was a stone cold wall called Michael. Most people that work for the city have this complex for some reason, it's like they're at the pinnacle of life and wanna make sure everyone knows it

I have a case where I was pretty much completely not at fault and still got screwed over by them, lesson learned though....
I was working in front of a building as a contractor and told the parking enforcer doing the rounds I'm gonna be working here for a few days and that's my car is that ok? he said it's fine as long as the residents don't complain (which they obviously didn't because I'm fixin their shit) so few days after I get a ticket from some other traffic guy, not the one I talked too, and I call in to explain my situation of basically following the instructions of your employee got me ticketed !
Dude didn't want to help me whatsoever, didn't give a fck and went as far as mocking me saying if you got any proof of talking to the guy to bring it to court buddy. I'm sure he didn't believe me when I said I was ok'd by one of their guys, but I wasn't about to waste a day's wage going back looking for the guy and then another day's wage going back to court disputing it. I'm all about principle, but I understand when to fold and take my losses, a $50 quick online payment compared to alternative, even if I was 100% in the right was the right call no matter how much it bothered me.

Take my advice any if it fails dealing with them over the phone, just pay the tickets ASAP, do try to knock them down since it's a collection agency and they usually give you discounts
Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
I'm pretty sure the City of North Vancouver uses the Adjudication process which would mean if it got sent to collections it would affect your credit and if needed they can garnish wages if you don't pay. Of course you need to figure out if what has happened here first since you claim you know nothing of it.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
dont mess with 'city' tickets.. just pay them... but DPS? Impark? forget them.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
the City don't give a shit, there's probably nothing you could do except pay the ticket.
And being nice on the phone to the people doesn't work either, I tried, and all I got was a stone cold wall called Michael. Most people that work for the city have this complex for some reason, it's like they're at the pinnacle of life and wanna make sure everyone knows it

I have a case where I was pretty much completely not at fault and still got screwed over by them, lesson learned though....
I was working in front of a building as a contractor and told the parking enforcer doing the rounds I'm gonna be working here for a few days and that's my car is that ok? he said it's fine as long as the residents don't complain (which they obviously didn't because I'm fixin their shit) so few days after I get a ticket from some other traffic guy, not the one I talked too, and I call in to explain my situation of basically following the instructions of your employee got me ticketed !
Dude didn't want to help me whatsoever, didn't give a fck and went as far as mocking me saying if you got any proof of talking to the guy to bring it to court buddy. I'm sure he didn't believe me when I said I was ok'd by one of their guys, but I wasn't about to waste a day's wage going back looking for the guy and then another day's wage going back to court disputing it. I'm all about principle, but I understand when to fold and take my losses, a $50 quick online payment compared to alternative, even if I was 100% in the right was the right call no matter how much it bothered me.

Take my advice any if it fails dealing with them over the phone, just pay the tickets ASAP, do try to knock them down since it's a collection agency and they usually give you discounts
Is it possible that one of the residents' did complain? Also, what kind of parking restricted area was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Got a letter today from a collector stating that I owe the City of North Vancouver 2 parking tickets.

I called the city to ask and they verified that I DID get issued 2 tickets for parking illegally on the street (????)

I'm a little puzzled as that I've never received a ticket on my windscreen nor have I had any warning letters from the city stating so.

I'm A little confused?

Am I just gonna have to eat it? Will this affect my credit?

Can a parking ticket get tacked on to a person's credit?

I ARE CONFUSED.

Thanks.
You would have had copies of the bylaw ticket mailed to you as well. Unless you didn't update the address on our registration, which would mean you would have never known you received the tickets. Secondly, if anyone else drives your car at all, they could have received the ticket. Thirdly, you could have driven off before the ticket could have been personally placed on your call. You need to find out the exact details.
10-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

you have to pay for it no matter what
*6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote