REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Anyone work for Mr. Lube?

Just curious if anyone can share their past or current experiences both positive and negative while working with Mr. Lube.

Thanks!
Advertisement
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Depends on the position you get hired for. I got the job but never took it.

If you're working with customers there's a lot of good interpersonal skills required (you have to greet everyone and be happy + positive, offer news paper, get coffee for them, etc. If you're cool with that, great). Theres also a bit of upsell involved with convincing customers that they need such and such services (coolant flush, replacing air filters, etc). Upto you, could be fun if you're into that. I personally couldn't do it because I can't stand selling stuff when I'm not even seeing a kickback from it.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
ugh...I spent a summer there before I went to school. Horrible. I was at the kingsway location in Burnaby.

The extra sales weren't just a little add on, it was the sole reason that the entire staff was there. There was a commission structure, but you had to hit a massive baseline and then you got a small portion. The morons I worked with all got excited about it-I saw it as a sham.

The managers would come around and tell you what extra services you should really push on the customer and how to leave extra dirt in the air filter and so on. This one kid used to out and out lie to people to get them to buy things, and he was celebrated.

Oh, and the shitty service. Cars leaving without oil. More than once. We nuked an egr valve with a fuel cleaning and the manager convinced the guy it was his fault. Someone else broke a radiator by pushing on it.

God, when I started there, people came running to me with how horrible the situation was at work. I felt like an outsider. My previous job was a store manager, so I knew that sometimes there was more to things than staff knew. I was only going to be there for 3 months, so I also really had nothing to lose. So we ended up having a staff meeting, and nothing was being said. So I took it and got the ball rolling. Think one person piped up? Nope. Not a single "yes!" or "hell yeah".

Horrible.

Funny enough...a couple of years later, like 7, I was taking my gf's car in for a quick oil change-didn't have time to do it myself, and at a different location, I ran into the assistant manager. We talked briefly, kind of awkward and this kid that was actually serving me comes up after and is like, "so you know Bob?" and I say, "yeah, I worked here years ago." and he says to me, "wow. Why did you leave?"

dude...I just don't know what to say. In the meantime, I had only gone to school, graduated, worked for a large shipping company, and finally quit to start my own business...hell, I dunno, why did I leave? Minimum wage is awesome too.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I also applied a long time ago, got hired and declined after I realized what the job entailed.

I'm a tech not a salesman. If someone needs something, I will suggest it and explain why but will never try to convince someone to buy something they don't need. The pay and incentives are crap too.

No thanks.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Gridlock, I had a friend who worked at that location, and two others- and said the exact same things.

LOTS of pressure to sell useless crap that was NEVER required i.e person comes in for an oil change and leaves with a 400$ bill because he was up sold performance wipers, engine and trans flush, air filters, etc etc.

Lots of pressure to make deadlines, being told if they arent met that the bonus will be taken away.

Taking away bonuses for any small mistakes made

Etc.

Another friend worked at one in Victoria, and I didn't get a clear story of why he quit, but basically the same deal. Super over worked, under paid, and stressed beyond worth.
Minnionator is offline   Reply With Quote